Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Firefighter Reveals Princess Di's Last Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firefighter Who Treated Princess Diana After Crash Reveals Her Final Words 20 Years Later

It’s been 20 years since Princess Diana passed away after a tragic crash in a Paris tunnel. But even now, new details are emerging about the fateful night.

A French firefighter who was one of the first responders on the scene is revealing what he saw — and heard.

Xavier Gourmelon recently spoke to The Sun and revisited that night.
He says: “She was moving very slightly and I could see she was alive… I could see she had a slight injury to her right shoulder but, other than that, there was nothing significant. There was no blood on her at all.”
Her eyes were also open when they pulled her out of the wreck.

But that wasn’t all: he said he also heard what he claims were her final words. At the time, he was convinced she would live, but ultimately she died in the hospital. Xavier added that he didn’t even know it was Princess Diana on that stretcher.

She had no apparent serious injuries, and when she opened her eyes, she said to him, “My God, what’s happened?”

The princess then suffered a cardiac arrest. Xavier Gourmelon tells The Sun: “I massaged her heart and a few seconds later she was breathing again. It was a relief of course because, as a first responder, you want to save lives — and that’s what I thought I had done. To be honest, I thought she would live. As far as I knew when she was in the ambulance she was alive and I expected her to live. But I found out later she had died in the hospital. It was very upsetting.”

“I was so shocked,” he added. “I knew who she was, but don’t follow British royalty closely. I went to the ambulance and looked in and that’s when I recognized her.”

He continued: “I know now that there were serious internal injuries, but the whole episode is still very much in my mind. And the memory of that night will stay with me forever.”

https://www.littlethings.com/princess-di...=uplifting