Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pineville @ Middlesboro 9/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pineville by 1.
Y'all Middlesboro peeps are crazy. Talent level there has been trending downward for years. Seems like some are stuck in the "good ol' days" with unrealistic expectations.
MadHatter Wrote:Y'all Middlesboro peeps are crazy. Talent level there has been trending downward for years. Seems like some are stuck in the "good ol' days" with unrealistic expectations.

Our expectations are not to win this district, With this schedule we should win 5. We can not win the local class A district. We are not that down on talent. Sorry you are not exactly correct.
With the schedule being the way it is, I saw 3-5 possible wins. 3 wins for an average year and 5 wins for an above average year. Claiborne Co, Harlan, and Pineville should have been 3 relatively easy wins. Clay and South I considered 50/50 games.
I still think talent is way down from what it once was, even though it's a little better than the last 2-3 years. Middlesboro isn't doing very well in any sports these days, except maybe baseball and softball. To be fair, Middlesboro isn't loaded with talent in baseball but they do have a solid program with good coaching and high expectations.
Middlesboro
NextGeneration Wrote:Really, let's take a look at this schedule, Claiborne, Clay and Harlan Ind. I think you missed my point, we haven't either and 1-3 . Almost giving Harlan game away.

I didn't say middlesboro had played anyone, I figured that was clear being that we are a part of the bell county schedule.
Pineville 21
Middlesboro 13
Pineville 27
Middlesboro 21
NextGeneration Wrote:Still waiting on HCS? Bell Co takes the worse middle school team they have had in 20 or more years and riding 3-0 number 6-7 in 3A , why?

Did Wombles play for Bell Middle? Serious question.
TheBoz Wrote:Exactly, thank you. Who said it was the year of the Jacket, all of the Jacket faithful that USED to post on here. This was the year of the turnaround.

Put Chase Elliott on this team and they are AT LEAST 3-1. No one could have foreseen the best athlete in the senior class to not play his senior year.
Sure you could, everyone but you knew that he had enough of those coaches and being jerk around at QB. That is just another case of not getting it done with this staff. Thanks
Pineville by a TD
Middlesboro 28
Pineville 13
NextGeneration Wrote:Sure you could, everyone but you knew that he had enough of those coaches and being jerk around at QB. That is just another case of not getting it done with this staff. Thanks

No, 2 years ago when people marked this season as the one when the team would start to turn it back around, you could not have expected Chase to not be playing. After he replaced then starter Major Edwards, not a popular fan decision I might add, he had absolutely no problem with the coaches and thus, his absence would have never crossed our mind. Nice try.
Frazier was not so bad after all
E's Army Wrote:Frazier was not so bad after all

He was not. I still remember the day he was let go. Blew my mind really.
Truthhurts Wrote:Pineville will give Middlesboro all it wants maybe pull out the upset! Remember a few weeks ago Clairborne County could no way beat Middlesboro.... And they killed them.... Wagoner is not a good linebacker making all his tackles 4-6 yards past the line of scrimmage. Been the best linebacker wouldn't be Mike on any other team!
PHS 35
MHS 14

Nice prediction.
Pages: 1 2