Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Field in the 14th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who would everyone say has is the best field to play and looks the best?
kcc with out a doubt
Lee county has a nice one. Cordia has is good when it is took care of.
Lee's field behind the Elementary is very nice. no lights though. But i think they might be moving to a new field not far away. Delver Field. I don't know if the school has said they will let them play there or not but, a organization called Baseball Inc. funded it. Mostly parents lol...
YouNeverKnow Wrote:Lee's field behind the Elementary is very nice. no lights though. But i think they might be moving to a new field not far away. Delver Field. I don't know if the school has said they will let them play there or not but, a organization called Baseball Inc. funded it. Mostly parents lol...
Ok yeah they have an awesome field, oh but whats that, no lights. Huh? You dont think that would be a problem do you? Knott has the best field in the 14th.
Kcc
I think Knott Central has the nicest facility but not the nicest field. Hazard, Lee County and Cordia all have very nice playing surfaces. Wolfe County's field last year was the worst I have ever seen. It was awful.
Mr. Baseball Wrote:I think Knott Central has the nicest facility but not the nicest field. Hazard, Lee County and Cordia all have very nice playing surfaces. Wolfe County's field last year was the worst I have ever seen. It was awful.

Wolfe got a new field didnt they?
Hazard,Cordia,PCC,and KCC have all nice fields
Knott, Parking sucks though
but when kcc has a big tourny or something they use the school parking lot and bus people up and down a regular game they wont cause there arnt many people that come to regular games
KCC has the best fields, and I am proud to say that back in early 90's I had a hand in building it. Bet no one realizes that Coach Hammonds and his players pretty much built the field
i realize it and what people dont know now is that everything done up there is by players and parents, lines, grass, cleaning the dug outs everything and before kcc had the field they have they played where the public library is a lot of work went into that field everything was donated and the players them self built it
KCC has the best field by far.
Kcc
Kcc
Oh what the heck. KCC. BUT....If Lee had some lights, that would def. be my choice!
Estill doesnt have a bad field either. They dont have any lights which is a disadvantage, but overall its pretty decent. Ive heard some players have had a problem with the mound though.
knott central has a nice over hang and bleachers their infield is terrible do they still have that huge lip on the infield were the turf meets the brick dust, when i was in high school you had to play on the grass because if the ball hit that lip it was untelling were it would go. the best fields int he region are Cordia perry hazard leslie and lee to play on that is.Cordia deff. has the best set up were you can park out in right field and watch the games..... cordia is a great field
Powell's is pretty good.I like their wood fence.It has more of a baseball atmosphere.
Total Domination Wrote:Powell's is pretty good.I like their wood fence.It has more of a baseball atmosphere.
Powell's field is under construction at the moment. LOL!!!
What do you mean by construction?
Hazard could have one of the best kept fields. Meehan is completely anal about what kind of shape it stays in. With that being said....... I would have to say KCC!lol

No field in eastern KY compares in my opinion.
Most fields are pretty good.very few are poor field conditions.
Hafner_Fan Wrote:Hazard could have one of the best kept fields. Meehan is completely anal about what kind of shape it stays in. With that being said....... I would have to say KCC!lol

No field in eastern KY compares in my opinion.
Isn't Pikeville in Eastern Kentucky?
Forgot about Pikeville..... sorry about that! I havent had a chance to see their field in quite sometime. Is it still looking good???

I personally played on KCC! That may be the reason I am biased in my decision.
Powell's field was once decent i was there not long ago and the infield was spotty and the outfield grass was long....thats just little things....i do like the 3rd base dugout because of built it garage and dugout....1st base is a little cramped though....i also like the batting cage out behind the center field fence....ive heard rumors that estill county was getting lights...those players take good care of their field and i think it looks good...
Lee's former coach had his players take good care of their field....i dont kno their new coach so i dont know how their field will look this year...i guess we'll know sooner or later
Total Domination Wrote:What do you mean by construction?
Well ofcourse right now it is under water. But under construction by still trying to fix the locker rooms or dugouts. Bad grass, you know..the usual.Big Grin