Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 54 Newport Central Catholic 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Pirates once again run all over their opponent. Could have put this one away earlier but the Pirates still suffering some growing pains with ball control and a bit on defense. NCC puts up 29 but most of it against the Belfry reserves. For the most part the Pirates imposed their will.
Congrats Pirates!
keep it rolling Belfry,done told BN I am coming this yr if u make the finals,lol..will be gone 2 weeks before I get back on so hold the Fort down while I am gone,lol
Pirates walk New Cath up the plank
Belfry beginning to gel. Look out everyone else!
Belfry could've won this game 70-0 but we went to the reserves with 8:00 remaining in the 3rd quarter. The JV makes a few mistakes but it was a good learning point. NCC shows no class and keeps their starters in until the final horn. 3 TDs by NCCs varsity on our Jv late in the game to make the final 54-29. Belfrys D needs to do better on over the top help and limit the fumbles. In all it was a good game by our boys. Cook, Adkins, Wellman and Fields looked great on D. Offensively Our entire backfield played great and the supposedly weak spot coming into this season the O line has played great all season. A few kinks to work out but these boys will be fine. Congrats TongueirateSho
Off topic post

Let's stay on topic. Thanks!
COACHITALL Wrote:Belfry could've won this game 70-0 but we went to the reserves with 8:00 remaining in the 3rd quarter. The JV makes a few mistakes but it was a good learning point. NCC shows no class and keeps their starters in until the final horn. 3 TDs by NCCs varsity on our Jv late in the game to make the final 54-29. Belfrys D needs to do better on over the top help and limit the fumbles. In all it was a good game by our boys. Cook, Adkins, Wellman and Fields looked great on D. Offensively Our entire backfield played great and the supposedly weak spot coming into this season the O line has played great all season. A few kinks to work out but these boys will be fine. Congrats TongueirateSho

How was NCC showing no class by leaving their starters in the ballgame? If you are a coach you never stop coaching. You learn from every moment you have in a game. You also try to build for next week. It's early in the season and it is important to build confidence and see what lineups and plays work best for you.

I don't believe NCC was as good as previous years. Belfry is getting better but the ball was on the ground too many times.
If Belfry can minimize those mental mistakes, they will be just fine. The speed of Belfry is just absolutely nuts! Hunter and Wellman are studs. Belfry threw some nice passes last night and one was for a 17 yd. TD.
NCC couldn't stop the run and Belfry ran it down their throat. If it wasn't for a couple Belfry fumbles inside the 10, they could have scored almost 70 points.
Belfry looked really good last night and they are getting better. The improvement since losing to Huntington is on point.