Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hurricane Irma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here we go again. A little over 11 months ago I got to experience my first hurricane (Mathew) a cat3 now here comes Irma cat5. This one there no one just which path it's going to take. I don't mind the storms if I just knew where it was headed I could make a plan on where to stay or go. Guess we are going to just have to wait a few days and hope it makes up it's mind if it's headed to Jacksonville or not. If it does you can bet you butt I probably won't ride this one out. Just going to have to wait and see I guess.
I wish you luck Panter Nation. Hopefully, you will be spared.
I have been tracking this monster meticulously. My grand daughter is at Destin for the week on vacation. I've got 3 escape routes mapped out for her!! LOL But I believe she will be leaving tomorrow or early Friday.

Irma is a stunning hurricane! It's a whole lot like Andrew. I think Miami is going to take a direct hit, and then she'll take the entire west coast of Florida out. I don't believe she'll hit as a Cat 5, but after storms pass the Cat 3 status, what difference is it?

Hoping I'm wrong, but Irma may even be worse than Harvey.

Oh, and don't forget Jose!
Just come back home blackitty!!!
Looks like I'm going to be in the crosshairs of Irma also. Hopefully it will weaken by the time it arrives in North Carolina. Hope all is well with you Panther Nation. I hope weakens a bit by the time it gets to you.
BOTH of you guys have a better than average chance of getting the eye wall. You can't get any closer than that!!
Hopefully the witch will take a detour and head straight out into the atlantic.
Its happened before.

If it does directly hit Miami, even as a CAT4 as theyre thinking, it would be much much more costly than the recent flooding in Houston.
This thing is going to bust straight through the middle of the state length-wise, regroup and make a second land fall. The way I see it, Gut will get more rain and wind than Jarons will, and we may never see panther nation again.
According to the latest report, Irma is going to miss Eastern North Carolina, we are expecting some rain and wind. We don't need any rain, the ground is already saturated from recent rains. Keep us updated Panther Nation.
Last I saw the storm had strengthened again to a category 4. Hopefully, Panter Nation and his family have gotten out of Dodge. Former Montgomery County and Richmond, KY resident IFBB pro bodybuilder Justin Compton was going to ride the storm out in his home in Jacksonville. He made a Instagram video last night showing some of his food supplies and said he anticipated being without power for 3 or 4 days.
I believe Jarons is out of danger now. Panther nation is already feeling this storm.

Hang in there blackitty!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I believe Jarons is out of danger now. Panther nation is already feeling this storm.

Hang in there blackitty!!

I am. We are supposed to get about an inch of rain Monday evening to Tuesday morning and a little winds.
Sorry I haven't updated sooner, but it's been a little crazy here for the past couple of days. We rode it out, it got a little hairy early Monday morning with all the wind and stuff. Was beginning to wonder if I hadn't burned one of my 9 lives for a while but we made it. No damage to the house or any property. We did lose power but only after the main storm had passed. It was off for about 6 hours. There is so much flooding around here now. Thank God our house is not anywhere close to the flood plain.
They are saying that some places may take up to 10 before the power will be restored.
I am so thankful to hear from you!!

The flooding in Jacksonville looks terrible. You guys ended up taking the brunt of the on shore winds. Before Irma, I had never seen hurricane winds take OUT water like in Tampa Bay. Just strange and really strong.

Thank you for letting us know you survived!!