Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 38 - Archbishop Moeller (OH) 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity came out flat and after a slow first quarter, found themselves behind Moeller 24-10 at the half. Whatever Coach Beatty said in the locker room must have worked, because Trinity roared back with 21 unanswered points in the third quarter on their way to winning the game. Moeller was on their last drive, looking to tie the game when an interception by the Trinity defense finished their drive early and let Trinity run out the clock.

Great job, Shamrocks!
Congrats to the Rocks
Will Trinity ever play a game in Kentucky? They will play anybody anywhere
E's Army Wrote:Will Trinity ever play a game in Kentucky? They will play anybody anywhere

Just my opinion, they don't need to play any team(s) in KY. I can't see any team besides Male and maybe (big maybe) Belfry that can hang with them. I mean Lafayette tried with all their D1 on their team and still came up short. I'm glad they are playing teams from Indiana, Ohio and power Tennessee teams. Now I would want to see them play teams from the west coast i.e. Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, De La Salle, Long Beach Poly.
FBfan4life Wrote:Just my opinion, they don't need to play any team(s) in KY. I can't see any team besides Male and maybe (big maybe) Belfry that can hang with them. I mean Lafayette tried with all their D1 on their team and still came up short. I'm glad they are playing teams from Indiana, Ohio and power Tennessee teams. Now I would want to see them play teams from the west coast i.e. Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, De La Salle, Long Beach Poly.

Belfry?

I think they need to worry about Corbin this year.
FBfan4life Wrote:Just my opinion, they don't need to play any team(s) in KY. I can't see any team besides Male and maybe (big maybe) Belfry that can hang with them. I mean Lafayette tried with all their D1 on their team and still came up short. I'm glad they are playing teams from Indiana, Ohio and power Tennessee teams. Now I would want to see them play teams from the west coast i.e. Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, De La Salle, Long Beach Poly.

The past two years Belfry had most likely the two best teams to ever come out of EKY and two of the best small school football teams we have seen in a while... Belfry vs. trinity would have been interesting but Trinity would have won soundly.

This year's Belfry team would not have a prayer against Trinity LOL

Did you mean Bowling Green instead of Belfry?
mysonis55 Wrote:Belfry?

Who needs to worry about Corbin? Trinity? PLEASE, believe us when we say T is not worry about any team from Kentucky, with the exception of maybe St. X or Male. Sounds like you have a bone to pick with Belfry and their fans, but till you beat the Pirates, the Hounds will always be behind the Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The past two years Belfry had most likely the two best teams to ever come out of EKY and two of the best small school football teams we have seen in a while... Belfry vs. trinity would have been interesting but Trinity would have won soundly.

This year's Belfry team would not have a prayer against Trinity LOL

Did you mean Bowling Green instead of Belfry?

Nope, I meant Belfry. I am not taking about THIS SEASON. I'm talking about FOOTBALL program in general. Put together an all time best Belfry, St X, Male vs an all time best Trinity.....
mysonis55 Wrote:Belfry?

That's funny

I don't think we can afford to overlook any in-state competition. Since 2013 Male has a 5-2 record over the Rocks and both times we beat them (playoffs 2014, regular season 2016) it was by a touchdown or less. Even this year we may look like the favorites, but I'm still worried. Coach Wolfe seems to get inside Beatty's head.

Also, I would really love if we played Bowling Green again. That would be a great series. Not likely to happen, though. I have heard there is bad blood between the ADs, or coaches, or something.
Guys. Belfry is NOT Trinity
bo67 Wrote:Guys. Belfry is NOT Trinity

HUH? Are you saying that they are not in Trinity's level or something else? All we are saying that the KY powers i.e. Bowling Green, St X, Belfry, Central etc should play each other. Or at least we would like to see it... But if you're saying Belfry is not the same level as T, then I say T should be playing out of state powers then.
Scott County would hold their own
E's Army Wrote:Scott County would hold their own

Probably the closest one that could compete with them. Well let me take that back. I forgot Male and this year's version of St X.
We should have an idea tonight. Scott County host Moeller