Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 30 Middlesboro 29 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

Congratulations Tigers!!

What a great game!!
Congrats to 🐯 Tigers
Congratulations Tigers and Coach Sizemore!
Coach Mike Sizemore gets his first win as the Tiger head coach. Congratulations to players and coaches on a hard fought win!
2 games Massengill scheduled to get easy wins...2 losses! Way to go coach!....however a lot of fight by the players tough one to swallow.
🤷🏻*♂️🙈🤦*♂️ pathetic. They shouldn't even keep Massengill to the end of the season. That's politics for you.
jacket-pride Wrote:2 games Massengill scheduled to get easy wins...2 losses! Way to go coach!....however a lot of fight by the players tough one to swallow.

Clay county, 5A. Middlesboro, 2A. Not sure what you consider an easy win
BellCo18 Wrote:🤷🏻*♂️🙈🤦*♂️ pathetic. They shouldn't even keep Massengill to the end of the season. That's politics for you.

Massengill cant play for the kids. You're as clueless as you seem.
RicFlair Wrote:Massengill cant play for the kids. You're as clueless as you seem.

Oh stop it! Don't start with the excuses, no he can't play for the kids but the record and everything else speaks for itself. You're the one clueless. And I don't care what A clay was Massengill scheduled this game counting on a win. And you're clueless if you think this clay county team is worth anything!
RicFlair Wrote:Massengill cant play for the kids. You're as clueless as you seem.

Kids can't call the plays either. Middlesboro's issue is coaching. Not talent.
Massengil has ZERO CONTROL..... AD and Head Coach both need gone..... Just heard from a player the equipment manager was arrested for assault on a clay county player... WHEN WILL IT BE ENOUGH!!!
Congrats tigers.
jacket-pride Wrote:Oh stop it! Don't start with the excuses, no he can't play for the kids but the record and everything else speaks for itself. You're the one clueless. And I don't care what A clay was Massengill scheduled this game counting on a win. And you're clueless if you think this clay county team is worth anything!

I'm not saying they are, but Clay county should beat middlesboro on numbers alone. Middlesboro has won 2 games in 2 years. There's no reason a 5A school should be in overtime with them, none. If you say they should then you don't understand the numbers game, or high school sports at all
RicFlair Wrote:I'm not saying they are, but Clay county should beat middlesboro on numbers alone. Middlesboro has won 2 games in 2 years. There's no reason a 5A school should be in overtime with them, none. If you say they should then you don't understand the numbers game, or high school sports at all

I get it...but bad is bad I don't care if you have 11 that's bad or 90 that's bad...and that's bad. We are just worse. All I'm saying is this game was scheduled to get a win (I didn't go schedule a 5A school) the coach that can't play for the kids did...counting on it to be a win. Because 4-6 looks better than 1-10... but...we didn't get either game. But again I did think the players played hard in tough conditions..let's just please not cover or make excuses for this coach that is over and done with.
Clay County is actually a 4A school now. Lost several hundred students in the last decade. But as far as this game, feel like the Tigers controlled the game but the Jackets hit two homerun plays. Middlesboro came to win this game while Clay County was trying to hang on.
RicFlair Wrote:I'm not saying they are, but Clay county should beat middlesboro on numbers alone. Middlesboro has won 2 games in 2 years. There's no reason a 5A school should be in overtime with them, none. If you say they should then you don't understand the numbers game, or high school sports at all

In rural EKY, numbers don't matter like that.
The talent pool is almost the same between a lot of 2A schools and that of most 4A and 5A schools most years.
Class size means nothing, look at Danville 2A beat Knox Central by 30.
Your right RIUTG
UKCC Wrote:Clay County is actually a 4A school now. Lost several hundred students in the last decade. But as far as this game, feel like the Tigers controlled the game but the Jackets hit two homerun plays. Middlesboro came to win this game while Clay County was trying to hang on.

4A for now. When you look at numbers Clay will more than likely drop to 3A when the next realignment comes around!
This game was scheduled because we beat them as JV a couple years ago soundly. It was scheduled for a win. Kids played hard and fought hard. We have went backwards in development.
...and gradually, unceasingly the sun continues to set beyond Mingo Holler, abandoning our crater to the tacit devices of its own darkness.
Seems to me like middlesboro should be undefeated. Hate to burst your bubble but clay also had this game marked as a win when they scheduled them to play in their bowl game. The better team won last night, why can't we just leave it at that.
If Massengill was really concerned and cared about what's best for him and the program..he will go out and beat Harlan and Pineville (double) last years wins total finish the season and resign. He could go back to being an assistant somewhere or just continue to be an educator in the school system. I truly believe this is what is best for the program and Massengill. I'm sure with how these past few years have been then he is probably ready to find a new opportunity.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Class size means nothing, look at Danville 2A beat Knox Central by 30.
Your right RIUTG

Or 1A Hazard beating Harlan Co
It's sad that Middlesboro's equipment manager got arrested last night at the game.
BellCo18 Wrote:It's sad that Middlesboro's equipment manager got arrested last night at the game.

Why and what happened
diceman Wrote:Why and what happened

News said this morning he struck a Clay Co football player.
walterwhite Wrote:4A for now. When you look at numbers Clay will more than likely drop to 3A when the next realignment comes around!

That is crazy to think about but you are correct. We had 1,000 students not that long ago. Take into account that we've lost two elementary schools during that time and it's not surprising in regards to population.
If numbers didn't matter there would not be a class system in place. I guess the KHSAA should turn to message boards when implementing policies from now on.
If a middlesboro person did hit a clay player and arrested then why is it not on the news.
It's is on the news
Pages: 1 2