Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County 21 Greenup County 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats to Fleming County.
Congrats to Fleming, kinda surprised
Wow where's all the sleeping giant post? Was greenup looking to next week or is Russell down we will find out in 7 days
Greenup will be fine. I talked to someone close to the program just before the game. He was concerned that they were coming off a huge win in the Backyard Brawl and next week have Raceland. He feared Flemming County was a trap game for them. I hear they came out flat. Flemming County could be better. We will see how Greenup County comes out next week. Regardless, hats off to Flemming County.
Westside Wrote:Greenup will be fine. I talked to someone close to the program just before the game. He was concerned that they were coming off a huge win in the Backyard Brawl and next week have Raceland. He feared Flemming County was a trap game for them. I hear they came out flat. Flemming County could be better. We will see how Greenup County comes out next week. Regardless, hats off to Flemming County.
Trap games are usually mentioned when one team is substantially better than the other, which in this case you are suggesting Greenup Co. is better than Fleming Co. That's not the case in this scenario. Fleming County whipped Greenup Co's butt in every aspect of the game. So let's not get things twisted and make it appear this was an upset because it wasn't. Fleming Co. was clearly the better team.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Trap games are usually mentioned when one team is substantially better than the other, which in this case you are suggesting Greenup Co. is better than Fleming Co. That's not the case in this scenario. Fleming County whipped Greenup Co's butt in every aspect of the game. So let's not get things twisted and make it appear this was an upset because it wasn't. Fleming Co. was clearly the better team.

Apparently you didn't read my whole post or couldn't comprehend what you read. I stated Flemming could be the better team.
Westside Wrote:Apparently you didn't read my whole post or couldn't comprehend what you read. I stated Flemming could be the better team.
It's Fleming not Flemming
Kentucky#1 Wrote:It's Fleming not Flemming

I'll keep that in mind keyboard warrior.
Apparently Fleming had multiple turnovers (at least 4). Without those it could have been much worse than 21-17.
And taking nothing away from Greenup for leading most of the game and taking advantage of Fleming County's multiple turnovers (2 in the red zone and 1 they returned for a Td), but Fleming was out of sorts on offense as well. You see, they lost their best player (pre-season district player of the year in Cats Pause and a kid with D1 offers) in the first game. The star of their first game, was limited in practice all week due to an injury and their starting left tackle was in an accident yesterday morning and didn't play. They were coming off an emotional win over long time rival Mason County and could have been looking ahead to rival Rowan County. They, as well, only found out Wednesday morning they would be playing on Thursday.
However, they still beat a very good Greenup County team. I say all that because sometimes you just lose ball games. I know Greenup had a lot going on this past week and I am sure they will next week as well. As will Fleming and every other team that plays. They will regroup and be fine!
thecoacher Wrote:And taking nothing away from Greenup for leading most of the game and taking advantage of Fleming County's multiple turnovers (2 in the red zone and 1 they returned for a Td), but Fleming was out of sorts on offense as well. You see, they lost their best player (pre-season district player of the year in Cats Pause and a kid with D1 offers) in the first game. The star of their first game, was limited in practice all week due to an injury and their starting left tackle was in an accident yesterday morning and didn't play. They were coming off an emotional win over long time rival Mason County and could have been looking ahead to rival Rowan County. They, as well, only found out Wednesday morning they would be playing on Thursday.
However, they still beat a very good Greenup County team. I say all that because sometimes you just lose ball games. I know Greenup had a lot going on this past week and I am sure they will next week as well. As will Fleming and every other team that plays. They will regroup and be fine!
Don't you just love these excuses people use when they lose? Man up and admit your team got beat. Heck, it really wasn't a close game had Greenup Co.not scored on a pick six but that's part of the game too so I don't want to fall in the "excuse" trap. Give credit where credit's due. The little 5'3 RB for Greenup Co (Allstadt?) Is a helluva tough player. Greenup Co did shoot themselves in the foot with 100 yards in penalties but Fleming Co turned the ball over themselves.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Don't you just love these excuses people use when they lose? Man up and admit your team got beat. Heck, it really wasn't a close game had Greenup Co.not scored on a pick six but that's part of the game too so I don't want to fall in the "excuse" trap. Give credit where credit's due. The little 5'3 RB for Greenup Co (Allstadt?) Is a helluva tough player. Greenup Co did shoot themselves in the foot with 100 yards in penalties but Fleming Co turned the ball over themselves.

Lol! So you're saying don't make excuses and you don't want to fall into the excuse trap then you make excuses on why the game was close. :please: :biglmao:
Westside Wrote:Lol! So you're saying don't make excuses and you don't want to fall into the excuse trap then you make excuses on why the game was close. :please: :biglmao:
I was actually trying to make you feel good about your team after they got their arses handed to 'em. Now run along and stop cryin' like a school girl because it doesn't matter what your team does. Johnson Central and Ashland own that district. Buh bye.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:I was actually trying to make you feel good about your team after they got their arses handed to 'em. Now run along and stop cryin' like a school girl because it doesn't matter what your team does. Johnson Central and Ashland own that district. Buh bye.

Lol. I don't coach there, play there or have a kid there, tough guy, and I don't need you to make me feel better. I realize Fleming County is a powerhouse program that contends for a state title year end and year out. I also love what a brutal schedule you all play. Lol. Like I said I don't have a connection to either program. I hate to tell you, but your team isn't relevant.
Westside Wrote:Lol. I don't coach there, play there or have a kid there, tough guy, and I don't need you to make me feel better. I realize Fleming County is a powerhouse program that contends for a state title year end and year out. I also love what a brutal schedule you all play. Lol. Like I said I don't have a connection to either program. I hate to tell you, but your team isn't relevant.
I am not sure he is a Fleming County fan, have not seen many posts by him on this site about Fleming County. I, however, am. I don't care to say that childish dicks like you ruin these sites. No one had said anything negative about Greenups program or any other. For you to attack the kids at Fleming or anywhere else and say they are "not relevant" is bush league. Their nondistrict schedule consists of 3 4A teams (2 of which are rivals and will always be played), 1 5A school that they play in a jv/freshman conference with a 1A school that is in the top 3 in the state. Their district is what it is. You can't pick those games.
Grow up, get a life and find another group to troll.
Westside Wrote:Lol. I don't coach there, play there or have a kid there, tough guy, and I don't need you to make me feel better. I realize Fleming County is a powerhouse program that contends for a state title year end and year out. I also love what a brutal schedule you all play. Lol. Like I said I don't have a connection to either program. I hate to tell you, but your team isn't relevant.
I hate to tell you but that irrelevant team beat the snot out of your team last night. Don't lie son, you know you have a connection to Greenup Co. Otherwise you wouldn't be so rustled over this thread.
thecoacher Wrote:I am not sure he is a Fleming County fan, have not seen many posts by him on this site about Fleming County. I, however, am. I don't care to say that childish dicks like you ruin these sites. No one had said anything negative about Greenups program or any other. For you to attack the kids at Fleming or anywhere else and say they are "not relevant" is bush league. Their nondistrict schedule consists of 3 4A teams (2 of which are rivals and will always be played), 1 5A school that they play in a jv/freshman conference with a 1A school that is in the top 3 in the state. Their district is what it is. You can't pick those games.
Grow up, get a life and find another group to troll.

You know what, you're exactly right. I did make a mistake there. I apologize to the players and fans of Fleming County.
Thank you Westside. We might not be Belfry, but our kids work hard and deserve respect.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:I hate to tell you but that irrelevant team beat the snot out of your team last night. Don't lie son, you know you have a connection to Greenup Co. Otherwise you wouldn't be so rustled over this thread.

No, dad. I do not have a connection with the program.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:I was actually trying to make you feel good about your team after they got their arses handed to 'em. Now run along and stop cryin' like a school girl because it doesn't matter what your team does. Johnson Central and Ashland own that district. Buh bye.
Actually Greenup did not get the arsses beat as you suggest. It was evenly matched and greenup lead most of the game. I'm all about giving credit where credit is due but a 4 point win over a team with 100yards in penalties is not what I would call beating their arse. Just my opinion...
I got to see this game and am glad I did. It was a very competitive game and a big surprise. Fleming is still a team to be reckoned with even with the big injury loss. I honestly thought Greenup was a little better coming in, but Fleming proved otherwise. The Panthers will compete for their district this season.
West side that not true gc in side 5 td line 3 times and came away empty. Saying they got beat bad is crazy
Friday Night Wrote:Actually Greenup did not get the arsses beat as you suggest. It was evenly matched and greenup lead most of the game. I'm all about giving credit where credit is due but a 4 point win over a team with 100yards in penalties is not what I would call beating their arse. Just my opinion...

I agree that it was a pretty evenly matched game. Right down to the penalties (GC 100 yds , FC 95). It was a fun game to watch and I wish Greenup well the rest of the season!
Fleming isn't a horrible team with horrible players. They are a fairly talented group. The 11's and 10's only lost 1 middle school game (yeah it's just middle school) but still talented athletic group. Greenup is anything but a sleeping giant but much improved from the days of them being down 54-7 at halftime. Good to see multiple schools having competitive games instead of blowouts.
Friday Night Wrote:Actually Greenup did not get the arsses beat as you suggest. It was evenly matched and greenup lead most of the game. I'm all about giving credit where credit is due but a 4 point win over a team with 100yards in penalties is not what I would call beating their arse. Just my opinion...
Here we go again with the "excuses". Dude, Fleming County had 4 turnovers in the first half alone with one being a pick 6. Greenup scored 7 points on a defense that's missing its top defender. So yeah, Greenup got their arses handed to them.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Here we go again with the "excuses". Dude, Fleming County had 4 turnovers in the first half alone with one being a pick 6. Greenup scored 7 points on a defense that's missing its top defender. So yeah, Greenup got their arses handed to them.

Here we go again. No they didnt.
Westside Wrote:Here we go again. No they didnt.
Fleming Co 21
Greenup Co 17

A couple of butthurt losers in this thread. Accept it. The End
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Fleming Co 21
Greenup Co 17

A couple of butthurt losers in this thread. Accept it. The End

No they didnt. :biglmao: Confusednicker: Confusedinglepar TongueirateSho
Good grief! This game is over, move on!!
Pages: 1 2