Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cave Run Lake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been fishing down at the cave yet. It has warmed up a little i was just seeing if anyone had been out on it yet. Can't wait to meet up with mr. musky this spring..go cats
I havent fished it yet, but i cant wait. I think it one of the best lakes in Ky
My parents own a place at Cave Run so I can go well.... I shouldn't say I because I don't do the fishing in the family!!! LOL.... The hubby and boys do the fishin!! They love it!! This past summer on our last trip there we took around 5 or 6 boys (to go along with our own 2) with us!! Talk about having a blast!!!
I haven't been down since December, and I wasn't fishing. lol I can't wait to go tho. My parents left out for our cabin this morning.
I just got back from cave run monday and the water is real low
i think they are wating for the spring floods to come before they raise the water
The Middle Of April Is Some Of The Best Crappie Fishing In The World At The Cave.
Cave Run is full of snakes this year. I dont think I have ever seen so many snakes on a fishing trip. We had to move several times because of 15-20 snakes bein spotted around our fishing area. It was crazy. If you go to Cave Run make sure you take a boat because its to snakey to fish off the banks. Even tho we seen alot of big fish, they was hard to get because we would miss them trying to make sure we wasnt about to get attacked by snakes lol. Be careful especially around Bangar
I have seen a lot snakes in cave run to.
How far is Cave Run Lake from Hazard?
Depends on how swiftly you drive...LOLOL..... Around an hour IMO....
phs1986 Wrote:Depends on how swiftly you drive...LOLOL..... Around an hour IMO....

Ohh, Really?..Ive never been.I was thinkin bout go this summer.Which County is the Lake in?
that lake is unreal iv been goin there since i was 3
I've still never been, I'd like to fish it sometime
I love to camp there it is great!!
well i like cave run and howdo u guys like the water rough or calm lol i like it rough cuz i trim it on up and mash it to the floor and it cuts right trough the waves plz reply
i like to crappie or croppie fish in the spring great fishing.
I like the areas more toward the Poppin' Rock boat ramp area. Blackwater and other creeks and tributaries in that area along with Leatherwood all offer very good bass, crappie and musky fishing.
Plus...ain't nobody skiing or jet skiing up there, if they can get through some of those places then they are good. Big Grin
I have a place at cave run i go when i can but the water is now up to summer pool and looks good
I'm leaving right now for the weekend. I'll tell ya how it goes.
I caught some small bass and crappie over the weekened at Cave Run but it was too hot for good fishing especially after daybreak. I also saw a snake. Sounds like it is going to be a bad year for snakes!
i like fishing there