Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ravens release Jamal Lewis but hope to get him back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OWINGS MILLS, MD. -- Running back Jamal Lewis, the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year in 2003, was cut by the Baltimore Ravens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2783192
Bad move if the Ravens dont get him back.
really didn't see these one coming-= i heard on espn , that the raiders are considering getting rid of rand moss-= possibly trading him to the packers-
"if they do-= favre will finally have a target in the endzone"- ( these was a quote taken from espn.)
randy moss
why would they release him if he's only 27 and the only other solid back they have is Mike Anderson who's only had 2 even decent seasons out of 7? At least trade Lewis
Bad move.
Jamal Lewis isn't going to get a big contract anywhere he goes, if he comes back to Baltimore he'll get a 1-year deal like Mike Alstott got in Tampa Bay because Lewis is old for a runningback. Jamal Lewis is a great runningback and if he leaves it wouldnt suprise me to see him go to the Jets where Curtis Martin is gone, Denver, or possibly Indianapolis since Dominic Rhodes could possibly be gone and Peyton Manning took a paycut to give the team some more salary cap. I don't see Lewis though.
the_truth Wrote:Jamal Lewis isn't going to get a big contract anywhere he goes, if he comes back to Baltimore he'll get a 1-year deal like Mike Alstott got in Tampa Bay because Lewis is old for a runningback. Jamal Lewis is a great runningback and if he leaves it wouldnt suprise me to see him go to the Jets where Curtis Martin is gone, Denver, or possibly Indianapolis since Dominic Rhodes could possibly be gone and Peyton Manning took a paycut to give the team some more salary cap. I don't see Lewis though.

He's not old for a running back, he's either older by a few months or younger than a few months of a high majority of the backs in the NFL. He's younger by a few years than a few, including Tiki Barber, who is hanging it up too young. He's not exactly a young pup, but he's not old by any means.
They will regret it big time if they dont get him back. I dont really see them getting anybody to takr over his spot and do just as good.