Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Lexington Bryan Station (9/1/17)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry (0-1) looks to rebound and will make the trip to Lexington to play Bryan Station (0-2).

Bryan Station has lost to Lexington Lafayette 28-0 in week 1 and Simon-Kenton 49-27 in week 2.

Class: 6A
Mascot: Defenders
Colors: Green, Gold, Navy
Coach: Frank Parks
Overall: 0-2
District: 0-0
National Rank: 3253
State (KY) Rank: 61

2016 Record (W\L) 4-7 (Lost in 1st Round of 2016 playoffs to Cooper 35-7)

To those of you making the trip down here, Bryan Station has plenty of visitor seating. Pretty nice facility. There's a seperate concession and restrooms for visitors behind the north endzone. Temps for next Friday are 72 and sunny, lows will be in the 50's.

Belfry - 35
Bryan Station - 14
Belfry by 20.
Belfry 35-7
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry (0-1) looks to rebound and will make the trip to Lexington to play Bryan Station (0-2).

Bryan Station has lost to Lexington Lafayette 28-0 in week 1 and Simon-Kenton 49-27 in week 2.

Class: 6A
Mascot: Defenders
Colors: Green, Gold, Navy
Coach: Frank Parks
Overall: 0-2
District: 0-0
National Rank: 3253
State (KY) Rank: 61

2016 Record (W\L) 4-7 (Lost in 1st Round of 2016 playoffs to Cooper 35-7)

To those of you making the trip down here, Bryan Station has plenty of visitor seating. Pretty nice facility. There's a seperate concession and restrooms for visitors behind the north endzone. Temps for next Friday are 72 and sunny, lows will be in the 50's.

Belfry - 35
Bryan Station - 14
perfect football weather.
I think Belfry wins, but may be tougher than expected early with the Pirates working out plenty of kinks still. I can see 27, 28, -14, or 35-14 if we play real well.
I would hate to played Belfry after a lost.........just being honest TongueirateSho

Belfry 49
Bryan station 17
I'm surprised everyone sees Belfry holding Station to a low point total. Lafayette and Simon Kenton are very good early competition. I'll pick Belfry in a higher score game: 38-34.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I'm surprised everyone sees Belfry holding Station to a low point total. Lafayette and Simon Kenton are very good early competition. I'll pick Belfry in a higher score game: 38-34.

I think mainly because they have scored 7 points in two games against the first string defenses they played. If Belfry were to hold them to 7, I do think that would be a heck of a performance.
Bryan Station is Huntington-Lite

Think Belfry wins this one but the Defenders continue providing some of those "teaching moments" Haywood is looking for.

Give me Belfry by 18-21
Belfry 35 Bryan Station 21
I've already watched Bryan Station really quick but they don't take care of the ball very good they can throw the ball but the QB makes some bad decisions sometimes as far as moving the ball we will be able to we just got to hit them in the mouth and we will take care of business
Belfry & JC both play in Lexington Friday night.

JC vs. Henry Clay
Belfry vs. Bryan Station

Mountain football vs. Lexington football... The 15th region vs. The 11th region.

The Mountain teams hit the Mountain Parkway leaving Lexington with wins.
Belfry should just send down the JV team. Heck perhaps the freshman too. I have watch them play 3X this season already, including the scrimmage. Station just doesn't have any in the tank this season.
Bye bye see ya in November
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Belfry & JC both play in Lexington Friday night.

JC vs. Henry Clay
Belfry vs. Bryan Station

Mountain football vs. Lexington football... The 15th region vs. The 11th region.

The Mountain teams hit the Mountain Parkway leaving Lexington with wins.

With the exception of Lafayette of the past, NO ONE in Lexington can or will defeat JC or Belry. So yeah I agree that Mountain teams with hit Mountain PRKWAY with 2 wins.... Unless you all want to stay in town overnight and spend you money with our local businesses.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I'm surprised everyone sees Belfry holding Station to a low point total. Lafayette and Simon Kenton are very good early competition. I'll pick Belfry in a higher score game: 38-34.

Station scored on a "scoop and score" well I should say tackled on the 1 yard line. Other than that, Station scored their remaining points off SK's JV and freshman team (40-27) And as far as Lafayette, they got skunked 28-0. So I don't get where a high scoring game will occur. I have watched Station live twice already and they will struggle to get points and will give up a bunch. BS is a 6A team that has maybe 50 players suited up and that's not exaggerating folks.
Going into the season, the Bryan Station game was one of those questionable games on the schedule. Nothing that I saw last Friday changes my mind about that. I know BS has struggled...but IMO, Belfry's D-Line may struggle to contain their size. Offensively....I don't see BS controlling the line of scrimmage as well as Huntington did. I think Belfry wins....but I would be surprised if its more than 17-20 points. Belfry's defense is gonna have to prove they can get consistent stops.
FBfan4life Wrote:Station scored on a "scoop and score" well I should say tackled on the 1 yard line. Other than that, Station scored their remaining points off SK's JV and freshman team (40-27) And as far as Lafayette, they got skunked 28-0. So I don't get where a high scoring game will occur. I have watched Station live twice already and they will struggle to get points and will give up a bunch. BS is a 6A team that has maybe 50 players suited up and that's not exaggerating folks.

These people on here say a high scoring game just because they don't have a clue it sounds like it will be a little wet come Friday night but that should play into our style of play so it should be a good night to be a Pirate Fan
Belfry 28 BS 14
I can't believe they didn't move this game. "Monsoon Bowl". Outcome will be the same regardless of the weather.
FBfan4life Wrote:I can't believe they didn't move this game. "Monsoon Bowl". Outcome will be the same regardless of the weather.

The BS Soccer team had a home game last night and they have a game again tomorrow, so since they did not want to displace the soccer team, they didn't move the game. Stupid decision on Bryan Stations part. I'm going to go regardless, but I'm not looking forward to sitting out in the pouring rain.
BelfryPride Wrote:The BS Soccer team had a home game last night and they have a game again tomorrow, so since they did not want to displace the soccer team, they didn't move the game. Stupid decision on Bryan Stations part. I'm going to go regardless, but I'm not looking forward to sitting out in the pouring rain.

Oh I undestand the theory of having a soccer game BUT which event will bring out the crowd and the MONEY? Football of course and specially a power team like Belfry, they will travel. Soccer can take a back seat LOL and should be re-scheduled. Now I guarantee that VERY few Station folks will come out tonight.
FBfan4life Wrote:Oh I undestand the theory of having a soccer game BUT which event will bring out the crowd and the MONEY? Football of course and specially a power team like Belfry, they will travel. Soccer can take a back seat LOL and should be re-scheduled. Now I guarantee that VERY few Station folks will come out tonight.

Yeah, there's not much value on HS Football down here in Lexington. This is a Basketball city. There will be empty patches on both sides tonight. I'll probably sit on the home side to be closer to the car at halftime.
Belfry Big!!!