Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell's Vanhoose Tears ACL - 16th Region Wide Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Returning 16th Region Champs, Russell, were set to repeat in the eyes of many fans. Unfortunately, Russell star Jon Vanhoose suffered an ACL tear in the district opening win against Raceland. Vanhoose's high school days are over. He is scheduled for surgery in a few weeks and then will have a 6 month recovery period.
I am really sorry to hear that. It is sad to see a player get hurt anytime of the year but first round of the tourney is a little worse sometimes. I wish him well and hopefully someone can represent the 16th well in Rupp. My pick is now Elliott with those super sophs that they have over there. That Ferguson kid is going to be a good one.
its sad to see such a good player like vanhoose have something like this happen to him but with him out i htink its either gonna be ashland or elliot ashland played them tough earlier this year at elliot co. so we'll have to see what happens
This a very sad situation for Vanhoose. Never saw him play but from what I hear he is a good one. It's too bad this happened during this time of the year and it being so close to the state tournament. I tore my ACL back in high school as well and it was no fun. Hopefully, he can recover soon and still be able to play on the next level.
Yes this is a sad day for Red Devil fans but they have a great team and can win with out him. Wish him a speedy Recovery.
its terrible that it happened for John and the team, but at the same time Hoose was not a one man team out there. There are still some VERY talented players on this team and i still think we will win region as long as people can pick up the slack and play team basketball. Go Red Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best wishes to you big fellow. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Was sorry to hear about Vanhoose as this is a lost opportunity for him. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I look for Elliott Co. to be the team to beat. They are loaded. Russell isn't suddenly terrible without Vanhoose, but they aren't going to be at the level necessary to beat Elliott Co.
Thats terrible news for the Red Devils. Don't know much about the 16th Region, good luck to 'em all though.