Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 49 Hopkinsville 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Hopkinsville scored as the clock ran out. Like Coach Joe said, if they are going to be a real good team they have to stop the turnovers and the penalties. Congratulations Cardinals!
I can't wait to see penalty yardage against Mayfield in this game. Another great game by defense. Starting D only gave up 7. Offense did well after the 1st quarter.
Pick 6 early, followed by a CB stopping to try to jump and pick off a ball and miss it that gets caught and goes to our 6 (which set up a td) and then a short field set up by blocked punt which allows Hoptown to score on our jv.

Our offense still looks so much more explosive than it has since 2010. Not sure if this is a more explosive offense than 2010 or not. The defense looks about the same as last year. Kicking game is better.
Oh my.....
What was S Warren ranked in 4a?
Last week #1 in TN 2a. This week #6 in Ky 4a. Next week #9 in Ky 3a. Then a 6a team. Follow that up with a 5a team that probably wins their district. Then a 3a #2 team. We should be ready for district play by that time.
2A is going to be a war.
Dominate a power run team, now dominate a speed team.........Yes, 2A best be on major alert as this Mayfield team is really good!! Mayfield will roll PT, McCracken and Graves. I feel PT may give them a better game than the other two, but still 3-4 TD's better.
The birds keep rolling...
55, I agreed with you about the upcoming schedule until you said our 5a opponent would likely win there district.. I don't see Graves being able to hang with Owensboro or Christian Co.. 3rd at best.. The Cards should handle them easily.. PT is improved and will give us a challenge, but, I think we're still 2-3 TDs better, even on a bad night.. McCrackens down and we should handle them, but, they do still have some good athletes and are capable of making it a good game.. Corbin is the team I think that gives us our biggest challenge, but, I'm not sure even they have enough offense to score with us for 4 quarters.. The Caldwell game won't be a pushover either..
Well, I'm not sure GC will win that district. But, I think they are capable after they get Mathis back. It adds a new deminsion to the team. I had figured us at taking 1-2 losses this year. I'm not sure we will now. The 2 headed monster is rolling.
If you seen Graves last night I think you would agree they have a shot against Christian, especially when Mathis is back. Graves, and Caldwell where fairly even after the 1st quarter blunder of a pick 6, and a bobbled snap fumbled, and returned for another 6. Caldwell gave Christian a game except in that game Caldwell gave up a kickoff return, and a pick 6. I think Graves is closer to Christian, and Owensboro than people are giving them credit for, especially when Mathis gets back. Caldwell will be dangerous if they ever find an offense to go with that D. I'm thinking Murray is still not improved enough after the way Graves threw it on them.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Oh my.....

I don't see Johnson Central getting much resistance from whoever wins the West in 4a.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I don't see Johnson Central getting much resistance from whoever wins the West in 4a.

I agree.. The west in 4a is pretty weak, especially with S.Warren moving up.. They'll have more trouble with Wayne Co and a couple of others from the east than they will in the finals..
Congrats to Cards. They want their title back.
Yes sir. They started working the Monday after that loss.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I'm not sure GC will win that district. But, I think they are capable after they get Mathis back. It adds a new deminsion to the team. I had figured us at taking 1-2 losses this year. I'm not sure we will now. The 2 headed monster is rolling.

it adds a new what? if Mayfield loses to anybody it will be to Corbin or in the playoffs.
If you had the opportunity to see Mathis play you would know what it adds. He is the best weapon GC has.