Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final Paducah Tilghman 7 Liberty Tech Magnet 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tilghman holds on at home for its first win over Jackson, Tenessee Liberty Tech.
Great defense. Offense did just enough.
PT with 2 in a row.
Nope. PT lost last week. To get 2 in a row they will have to beat Mayfield at home Friday.
Great win for PT in a game they were underdogs. If they will give Coach Duncan a chance he will make them as good as they have been in years. This isn't PT of the 80's so they must be patient.
You will not recognize this as a Tilghman team. 95% run. Tough D. No cussing or screaming rants on the sidelines. No penalties. Ground and pound.
I agree they are getting back to the basics. But, the moment I say something about them having a good coach and being on their way back, these boards will light up.
PT does seem to have a good D. They beat a better team last night than the 1 McCracken lost to.
Better teams will see the limitations of the offense and adjust and essentially dare them to throw. PT has yet to show it can consistently move in the air. But by not gifting their opponents 100 to 150 yards in penalties each game, they have thus far been able to play control football.
Our running game is doing well, and I like how crisp things are working without hesitation and confusion. We tend to fall off later in the games due to fatigue, but hopefully that will improve.
Our passing game needs a lot of work, which is an area we felt really good about coming into this season, but that all changed when we lost our projected QB; a talented freshman who was in the UA All-American middle school game.
Defense looks pretty good, and the boys are really pursuing and bringing the downhill pressure, but still are slightly limited by so many having to play both ways. This should improve when we can get every one back healthy. Missing your starting middle line backer definitely is a hit to take.
We have mountain after mountain to keep climbing so I am sure we will take some lumps, but if we can keep improving and get a few key players healthy hopefully we will be in a good position come playoff time.
PT is no where near where it needs to be just yet, but I feel Coach Duncan has a good foundation and leadership to get this program going in the right direction and develop it to what it could be.
Fatigue is really gonna set in this week.
Coach Duncan is a solid coach. Expected to see them finally begin to head in the right direction.
Well Ghost, that remains an unknown. I first thought they were gonna head in the right direction when they brought Shanks back as d coordinator. However, Randy wouldn't let him coach. Then, they replaced Randy with Rodgers and I thought they were gonna be alright. But, a certain unnamed track coach kept interfering. Rodgers was a good coach as well that was very disciplined. Then they brought in a big name football player as a coach. Now we're back to a very disciplined good coach. If they will learn to let the coach, coach, then they can become a factor again. But, I won't hold my breath.
Rodgers was not a good fit at tilghman. Blaming Randy for his faliure is the easy way out. He alienated the players and I don't feel he was fully committed to the team. I watched practice regularly and know what I saw. I know a good coach when I see one and he was not it.
bleedblue81 Wrote:Rodgers was not a good fit at tilghman. Blaming Randy for his faliure is the easy way out. He alienated the players and I don't feel he was fully committed to the team. I watched practice regularly and know what I saw. I know a good coach when I see one and he was not it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Add to this he was not serious about having players in the weight room.
mysonis55 Wrote:Fatigue is really gonna set in this week.

It may very well, but one thing is for sure it will not be due to anything you or I are doing behind the keyboard.
truebluefan89 Wrote:It may very well, but one thing is for sure it will not be due to anything you or I are doing behind the keyboard.

That's a good thing. I get winded running to the fridge.

They for sure will get fatigued early though. Gotta try to fight through the biggest line we have had since 2002. Then they got all those wr, RB, and qb to chase. I think the 2010 team is the only one that I can compare this offense to. The defense isn't missing much of a beat from last year either. That PT offense resembles UC a lot. Not as good a line though. They do try to throw more than UC but, mostly to the wrong color jersey.