Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 50 Paul Dunbar 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
The great mystery that is Fayette county football
Way to go Southwestern. I knew that this one wouldn't be close .
Warriors spank one of Fayette's finest.
Dunbar is 24-76 it's last 9 seasons. Winning more than 4 games once in 10 years. Next to Bryan Station they are the worst in Lexington.
Fayette County football is puzzling. Still putting up half a hundred on a 6a team is an accomplishment of at least I think so. Congrats Warriors.
Dunbar's head football coach, Chris Mullins has won only 15 games in 6+ seasons.

He was at Greenup County as head coach from 2011-2015.
64black&gold Wrote:Dunbar is 24-76 it's last 9 seasons. Winning more than 4 games once in 10 years. Next to Bryan Station they are the worst in Lexington.

fyi:

Station handily defeated Dunbar in 2016.
Not much concern for football within the Fayette County system.
Fly By Night Wrote:Dunbar's head football coach, Chris Mullins has won only 15 games in 6+ seasons.

He was at Greenup County as head coach from 2011-2015.

He inherited a tough situation at Greenup and steadily built a solid program. They progressed each year. He helped stabalize the program and helped lay a foundation for their future success.

Dunbar is a work in progress and will take time to re-build. This years team lost six of their best players to transfers to include 3 year starting QB. Coaches and kids are working hard but it will take time.

Credit Southwestern they are well coached and a good team! I was impressed! SW fans should be proud! As far as Dunbar we won't quit our kids will keep working and digging!
With the exception of Lafayette football, Fayette Co public doesn't put enough emphasis on athletics. Now a days they look more into state championship cheerleading (Dunbar), marching band at Lafayette and Dunbar (Rose Bowl and Macy's parade). Lexington Catholic and Lex Christians are the only schools in Fayette County that shows consistency year in and year out.
The Cross Movement Wrote:He inherited a tough situation at Greenup and steadily built a solid program. They progressed each year. He helped stabalize the program and helped lay a foundation for their future success.

Dunbar is a work in progress and will take time to re-build. This years team lost six of their best players to transfers to include 3 year starting QB. Coaches and kids are working hard but it will take time.

Credit Southwestern they are well coached and a good team! I was impressed! SW fans should be proud! As far as Dunbar we won't quit our kids will keep working and digging!

That is the frosting on the cake. However, the proof is in the pudding.

Players and coaches have left Dunbar in droves since Mullins arrived in 2016. Coincidence?

Mullins was at Greenup County as an assistant from 2006 until becoming head coach there, as well. Therefore, the wins dried up when he became head coach. Greenup County won 5 games in 2010.

Once again, Mullins has 15 head coaching wins all-time since 2011.
Fly By Night Wrote:fyi:

Station handily defeated Dunbar in 2016.

Actually I knew that but I used the wrong words in my post. Someone said Lexington's finest and I meant to make the point they were the worst in Lexington behind B.S. I reread and it is incorrect and implies that BS is worse and that's not what I meant. My bad.
Dunbar should of kept Hensley. They would be a powerhouse now if they would have.