Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 103 David 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final

71-5 at halftime.
of course this was gonna happen lol....Congrats Valley
MVP2 Wrote:of course this was gonna happen lol....Congrats Valley

In no way is that funny!
Did they press? How long did the starters play?
Congrats SV
Congrats Valley.

I'm with IRISH. How was the game played? Any starters see any playing time? Could Valley have scored a little less? Stats from David?
Congrats to Valley on the win
THe score may look bad because Valley scored over 100, but earlier in the season wasn't the score like 125 to 29 or something? Valley scored less and David scored more. The first thing I thought when I saw this score was, "Wow, I'm so glad David scored almost 50 points!" Give them credit people, and quit trying to give Valley a hard time. I was listening to the game on the radio and heard players' names from deep within the bench in the first quarter. The announcers even said that the Valley fans cheered loudest when David scored and hardly at all for their own players.
IRISH4 Wrote:Did they press? How long did the starters play?

...anyone?
IRISH4 Wrote:...anyone?
SV starters weren't in there very long
IRISH4 Wrote:...anyone?

The only starter or top 7 player who played over 10 minutes was Elisha. He played 12 minutes. One of the others played 9, and the other 3 played 7. The top 7 didn't even play in the 2nd half. I thought Booher did a good job in the 2nd half by allowing players 8-14 to play and get some time in the district tournament.

I really would like to see David compete as a JV team. I know they want to play in the tournament, but I think competing as a JV team would give them some opportunity to have a little success. They play hard though, and Conn is a pretty good player. I'd say he had close to 30 in the game.
I was thinking maybe they pressed them the entire first half or something, with a score like 71-5 you can only wonder if that's what happend. I'm glad to see the starters weren't in there long, when playing a team like that you don't want them to be on the court as much in case of an injury. Congrats to Valley.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I thought Booher did a good job in the 2nd half by allowing players 8-14 to play and get some time in the district tournament.

Really it was players 10-16 if you consider that Ashley Hatfield and Kyle Goodson didn't play either...
IRISH4 Wrote:I was thinking maybe they pressed them the entire first half or something, with a score like 71-5 you can only wonder if that's what happend. I'm glad to see the starters weren't in there long, when playing a team like that you don't want them to be on the court as much in case of an injury. Congrats to Valley.

They did press in the first half, but like I said the starters didn't play much. They also played some 1-2-2 half court.
did anyone get any stats
IRISH4 Wrote:I was thinking maybe they pressed them the entire first half or something, with a score like 71-5 you can only wonder if that's what happend. I'm glad to see the starters weren't in there long, when playing a team like that you don't want them to be on the court as much in case of an injury. Congrats to Valley.

I agree, bad time of year to get one or two of your better players injured against a team you know your JV could beat.
madskillz Wrote:did anyone get any stats

Toby Wright had 24
Jacob Bryant had 11
Taylor Newsome had 10
Curby Tackett had 11
Dillon Tackett had 8

Last I heard, Conn had 26 for David. That was unofficial though.