Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ Claiborne County (TN) 8/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Middlesboro travel just across the border and get a W? Claiborne Co. lost their season opener 35-0 and is traditionally not very good.

Scuttle butt is that Middlesboro may be without their starting quarterback Anthony Jackson. For those out their counting potential wins prior to the start of the season, this is one that was usually given to the Jackets. Even if Jackson can't go, as long as Williams can, I think they still capture the win on this one. If not, unfortunately, I look for some heads to start dropping very early this season.
I think it's a win with or without Jackson. Only because Claiborne might be worse on defense than us! Hopping we can put together 3 wins in a row here that way we can send massengill out of town with his head held high after the season! Go jackets!
jacket-pride Wrote:I think it's a win with or without Jackson. Only because Claiborne might be worse on defense than us! Hopping we can put together 3 wins in a row here that way we can send massengill out of town with his head held high after the season! Go jackets!

With Jackson 34-7 jackets
Without Jackson 21-7 jackets
We can still win this game. We can beat Claiborne and Pineville without Jackson. But that is about all. I hope he is back soon.
jacket-pride Wrote:With Jackson 34-7 jackets
Without Jackson 21-7 jackets

That's about spot on my prediction.
Jackson is out for a good while. Jackets still win this 35-14!
Jackets have won 2 games in 23 games i dont know that there is a game that you can call a gimme but if there is this is it!
Jackets 42
Bulldogs 21
Jackets speed too much for Claiborne with or without Jackson. M'boro ran the ball well Friday night and I look for them to have a big night on the ground in this one.
Middlesboro 28-14
I don't know anything about this team but I hope Middlesboro wins this go Ky high school football
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don't know anything about this team but I hope Middlesboro wins this go Ky high school football

This team is at Tazewell,TN only about 15 miles from Middlesboro. The Yellow Jackets should win this one pretty easily .
Middlesboro by 12.
Mhs - 27
cchs - 18
Any word on the kids that got hurt? I hope they are doing better.
No word from my end. I think it's safe to expect Anthony to be out for sure. I was told however that the Helton kid that came in late in the game is pretty mature for a freshman QB. Like I said, if they can get him ready to handle the ball and execute handoffs effectively, we should be okay for this week. Obviously, they will have to personally challenge the offensive line and tell them this game is on their shoulders, particularly more so than usual. Even though the veer is most dangerous with the option attack, there are also a lot of counter backs and trap plays that talented backs like Williams or McWilliams could use effectively.
Just heard the Mason kid that left the Bell County game with an ankle injury will most likely be out this Friday but should be back next week.
Jackets by 3 TD's
Middlesboro - 27

Claiborne (TN) - 14
Boro gets the win but will be close game. They must win this one or will be another long year!
I agree, however, 3-8 is still a long year.
Middlesboro 21-14
From what I'm reading above, M'boro starting Qb and back up Qb out. And Mason, starting RB and DB out? Who's going to Qb Friday and who comes in to replace mason in the backfield?

Somebody going to have to step up to score these points for the Jackets. That's a heckuva injury bug for game 2 vs. a favorable opponent.
The backup QB was the Rogers kid. The Helton kid that played the last couple of possessions will most likely be under center. In terms of running back, Mason started this past Friday but only because Williams was being held out. McWIlliams and Williams are the two starting backs and will be available on Friday.
I was hearing that McWilliams will be the QB and Williams and Carroll in back field.
I think that would be a great solution really.
Had this game marked as a W before the season. Just hope Jackets can piecemeal an offense together that can put up TD's. When starters return this Unit has potential to explode vs Clay, Harlan, Pineville and S. Laurel. Good luck tomorrow night Jackets! Bring a W back through the tunnel with U!
Some saying QB out for 2-4 weeks, that includes most of those games. Sad, good kid. Still get the win against a couple and Claiborne should be one.
Not to be negative on a week me should/need to win...but let's talk hypotheticals/probabilities...we realistically could win 3-4 games maximum this year...if my math is correct that's 10/11 wins in 4 years for massengill...in my opinion a massive underachieving 5 win season, two 1 win seasons, and a 3/4 this year. If it plays out this way is he the coach here next season?
I agree, if you go back and look at MHSparent and trashtalker and many others this was the year that they were going to win it all. Beat Bell and win district. This came from administration and Oaches and the good ole boys. Better get with it. I do see 2 wins right now even with injuries. If injured come back 3 , slim chance of 4. Not even near what people have said leading up to Massengill's 4th year.
I'm not sure what the community what do but I'm pretty sure I know what Steve Martin would do and that is stand by him. It's so unfortunate that Jackson is out because he is a difference maker. After watching him play last week, my thoughts on the Clay County game had shifted in Middlesboro's favor but that is not the case anymore.

Regardless, looking forward to tonight's matchup! Go Jackets!