Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paducah Tilghman @ McCracken updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Halftime: Paducah Tilghman 13 McCracken County 6

Tilghman staying on the ground.
PT may be finally moving in the right direction.
tied up early in the 3rd quarter 13-13

audio is live streamed here:

http://streema.com/radios/WKYX
Score please
Final Mccracken 20 Tilghman 19 in overtime. Tilghman got the ball 2nd in OT, but opted to kick extra point instead of going for the win, and the holder bobled it for the 2nd time. Should have went for 2 with that fullback #31 that had been getting yards all night.
Tilghman out of shape and disorganized. Someone tell the new coach we go for the win at PT.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Final Mccracken 20 Tilghman 19 in overtime. Tilghman got the ball 2nd in OT, but opted to kick extra point instead of going for the win, and the holder bobled it for the 2nd time. Should have went for 2 with that fullback #31 that had been getting yards all night.

surprising score.
Glad I didn't listen to mysonPT55 Confusednicker:
I think 55 Mccracken coach buddy did some sandbagging.
Glad I didn't listen to 55, and went to the game.
Low scoring game wasn't a big surprise considering both teams have many new faces on offense. Both have new coaches. PT returned several defensive starters, and McCracken plays very limited 2-way players keeping their defense fresh.

Turnovers, a big goal line stand to end the 1st half, and depth were the difference for the Mustangs victory. PT appeared to play with more desire in the first quarter and most of the second.

These two teams are going to take some lumps along the way as they try to improve their offensive efficiency.
I was at the game, it looked early that Tilghman might blow McCracken out, but McCracken finally scored in the 1st half. The stand at the goal line by McCracken was the difference. Bothe teams had multiple timeouts that hurt momentum. The heat finally stopped Tilghman with cramps at 5-6 times. I was surprised that Tilghman didn't go for the win at the end. McCracken had more costly penalties I felt than Tilghman which is a vast improvement for Tilghman. Coach Duncan for Tilghman did Good, any of the past 2-3 Tilghman coaches McCracken beats them badly. Oh my when it comes to Mayfield!!!
Tilghman properly conditioned wins this game easily. I blame that on the coach. I was proud of the way the kids hung in they played as hard as they could. I think the new qb got a little rattled but I think that will get better the more he plays.
Tilghman burnt 1 to many timeouts in the 1st half. If they had 1 left then they would have been able to stop clock with a timeout, and kick a fg to end the half, that would have been the difference, but with no timeouts, and only seconds left, and the clock still running because the previous play was a run that failed to get the 1st down, they had no choice, but to line up for another quick play since it was 4th down. I didnt think Tilghman looked bad at all. I agree i thought it looked like Tilghman was going to win by a few scores. I'd say both teams will be pretty good.
Tilghman had its opportunities, but repeatedly blew its chances. The two major factors were conditioning and turnovers. PT dominated the first quarter, running the ball at will and pounding out 4-6 yards per carry; as well as controlling the pace on defense. But playing ironman football with most starters going both ways wore on them and cramps became a huge issue. As the game progressed it seemed to put PT into a different scheme of offense, which resulted in some awful interceptions. This gave MC the momentum it needed to cover the gap.
PT could have easily gone in at the half up 27-6 but timing and miscues cost them, and the result was a overtime loss.

Overall though, I like the direction Duncan is taking them. He really seems to be a level-headed old school coach that can build the strong foundation we need.
I did like the improvement in PT. They need a qb that will throw to his reciever that isn't covered instead of where 3-4 shirts of the wrong color are. They also need a lot of conditioning.

McCracken is headed in the wrong direction. I will be surprised if they have more than 6 wins this season. The OL looks like wideouts. I'm sure most teams will blow right through them. Then the qb taking too long to get the ball out with wideouts trying to protect him. Not good.

But this looked like a game where no one wanted to win. They would start to roll off a drive and then make some stupid play call of mistake. For PT, duh, ride the back. Why pass or try sweeps when you are getting 4-15 yards straight up the middle. For McCracken, why try anything different than that quick back on sweeps until they can stop it for any less than 8 yards.