Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 41 Northwest (TN) 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw some good things and saw some bad things. Southwestern can be good by the end of the season if they continue to work.
Congrats to the Warriors!
Warriors are the real deal.
64black&gold Wrote:Saw some good things and saw some bad things. Southwestern can be good by the end of the season if they continue to work.

They are good now .
Tell the Maroons the Warriors are coming.
They said southwestern looked good
E's Army Wrote:Tell the Maroons the Warriors are coming.

I don't think The Maroons are as down as some like to think .
pjdoug Wrote:I don't think The Maroons are as down as some like to think .

As long as Johnny Hines is the coach at PC, I would never count them out.
adopted purple Wrote:As long as Johnny Hines is the coach at PC, I would never count them out.

I wouldn't either. Southwestern is a contender, but Pulaski will be in the mix as usual.
adopted purple Wrote:As long as Johnny Hines is the coach at PC, I would never count them out.

You are right but he has hired Phillip "Scooter" Russell as an assistant on his staff. Scooter is to football what Roscoe Denney is to basketball. If Hines had Scooter on his staff the past 4 years PC trophy case would have :1::1::1::1:instead of just :1:
Really?
Why didn't he bring some of that knowledge to the Campers.
Coach Russell was not given enough time to succeed there. They finished the field house shortly after he was forced out. Lynn Camp has to be one of the toughest jobs in the State to succeed year in and year out. They had 7 Wins while Coach Russell was there and that would have been the best anyone could do. Pulaski County is where is he started his high school coaching career. Best of Luck to the Maroons this season!
Coach Russell was promised 4 years and only got 2.5 years. Lynn Camp has to be one of the toughest coaching jobs around. I went to the Harlan game in 2013 (I believe) and people left due to the score in the 4th quarter. They won 29-28 with seconds remaining due to throwing the ball. Lynn Camp had never thrown the ball before he got there. Pulaski County throws the ball all over the lot! Lynn Camp is in good hands with Coach Harris whom Coach Russell hired. Best of Luck to everyone this season!
Willie Turnover Wrote:You are right but he has hired Phillip "Scooter" Russell as an assistant on his staff. Scooter is to football what Roscoe Denney is to basketball. If Hines had Scooter on his staff the past 4 years PC trophy case would have :1::1::1::1:instead of just :1:

If you say so... 😁
Willie Turnover Wrote:You are right but he has hired Phillip "Scooter" Russell as an assistant on his staff. Scooter is to football what Roscoe Denney is to basketball. If Hines had Scooter on his staff the past 4 years PC trophy case would have :1::1::1::1:instead of just :1:

I hope you are kidding :biggrin:
I always thought it was common knowledge that Kevin Wallace would call Phil Russell and have him plan out Bowling Greens off season weight program, practice schedules, game plans, and banquet awards the past 8 or so years.