Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 41 Union City TN 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Impressive win by the Cards.
Mayfield could be on the road to Lexington.
Both quarterbacks looked very good.
Uh oh here come mayfield back in the thick of it. Congratulations Mayfield :worthy:
Was there ever a doubt. Ghost said that my 42-17 pick was cartoonish. I wonder if he liked Looney Tunes.
mysonis55 Wrote:Was there ever a doubt. Ghost said that my 42-17 pick was cartoonish. I wonder if he liked Looney Tunes.

of course he likes you.
They seemed totally stunned to know that a Ky 2a team could beat a Tn 2a #1 team like that. If you were following any of the talk on the Tn forum, they made several statements that rang for all of Ky. First was that Mayfield only played a weak schedule the last 5 or so years. Second, that there was no way that any Ky 2a team could beat Union City by 3 touchdowns. Third, that I must be on something to think that Mayfield could beat them 42-17. The big schools in Tn may be able to beat most of us, but, we proved to them tonight that small school Ky football is better than small school Tn football. I said it before this game was played. That is, that this will be a 2 game series. We will stomp a mud hole in that team for 2 years straight. Then after that, they will discontinue the contract.
mysonis55 Wrote:They seemed totally stunned to know that a Ky 2a team could beat a Tn 2a #1 team like that. If you were following any of the talk on the Tn forum, they made several statements that rang for all of Ky. First was that Mayfield only played a weak schedule the last 5 or so years. Second, that there was no way that any Ky 2a team could beat Union City by 3 touchdowns. Third, that I must be on something to think that Mayfield could beat them 42-17. The big schools in Tn may be able to beat most of us, but, we proved to them tonight that small school Ky football is better than small school Tn football. I said it before this game was played. That is, that this will be a 2 game series. We will stomp a mud hole in that team for 2 years straight. Then after that, they will discontinue the contract.

Imagine there shock if Corbin were to knock off Alcoa.
Overall is Kentucky's power schools have owned TN.
Trinity, Mayfield, Belfry, etc. Have whipped some tail in TN
Overall, Tn. has more quality football teams than Ky. does.. But, they should.. They have a lot more teams, a lot more big private schools and more metro area teams.. They have several very good D1 Privates in Brentwood Academy, MBA, MUS, Ensworth, etc, then they have traditional powers such as Knox Catholic, Maryville and Alcoa then in one area of the state they have Oakland, Blackman, Siegal, Riverdale and then a few really good teams scattered across the state, but, Ky's very top teams in each class can play with the very top teams in Tn's. class.. There's just not quite as many.. Trinity could likely win in any class in Tn. just like they do in Ky and teams like BGreen, St X and Male could compete with anyone in Tn. and in the smaller classes, Beechwood, Mayfield, CAL, Desales, Belfry and a few others could compete year in and year out in the similar classes in Tn..
You called it myson. Can't say I'm surprised but I am surprised at the total domination from MF. You are not beating MF running an offense from the 80s unless you can physically dominate them. Same goes for the defensive side of the ball. Obviously MF has superior talent but their coaching looks to me was far superior.
Was going to the Game, but saw it was on TV so stayed home. Glad I didn't go. No where close to competitive. UC may have some 1st downs and yardage, but Mayfield scored easily.
I hate the offense UC runs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Imagine there shock if Corbin were to knock off Alcoa.
Overall is Kentucky's power schools have owned TN.
Trinity, Mayfield, Belfry, etc. Have whipped some tail in TN

Belfry didn't whip no tail in Knoxville last year.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:You called it myson. Can't say I'm surprised but I am surprised at the total domination from MF. You are not beating MF running an offense from the 80s unless you can physically dominate them. Same goes for the defensive side of the ball. Obviously MF has superior talent but their coaching looks to me was far superior.

the coaching is definitely superior.
One thing union city learned last night is that there new scoreboard works really well and can go up as high as 42 lol
The reality of privates vs publics has to be part of the discussion when talking about small school football. Mayfield, Beechwood, and Belfry are anomalies. That Union City team would be very good relative to most 2a public schools. Think about UC versus the likes of the Murrays, Butler Countys, and Ballard Memorials of the world. They would be fine. In 2a KY, without privates and Mayfield, I would like their chances to get to the finals. With privates, they would be in big trouble.
Just when I thought Ghost was a hater, he comes with a compliment. I do like to stir things a bit Ghost but, mostly I just am bold enough to tell what I think instead of sugar coating things. I guess it comes from being married to a northerner.
Kracken Wrote:The reality of privates vs publics has to be part of the discussion when talking about small school football. Mayfield, Beechwood, and Belfry are anomalies. That Union City team would be very good relative to most 2a public schools. Think about UC versus the likes of the Murrays, Butler Countys, and Ballard Memorials of the world. They would be fine. In 2a KY, without privates and Mayfield, I would like their chances to get to the finals. With privates, they would be in big trouble.

Murray, Butler and Ballard aren't even close to Union City's caliber.. Murray, maybe, with one of there better teams could somewhat compete with them.. UC had too many turnovers and penalties to play with a team like Mayfield, who doesn't beat themselves and who can matchup in the trenches.. I don't think people realize how well Mayfield played last night.. Throw in a great performance along with a poor UC performance and this is what you get.. Plus, UC struggled because Mayfield loaded the box and didn't have to worry about them beating them over the top with a passing game.. UC will dominate most teams they play at the line of scrimmage and Mayfield was able to play physical with them and use there speed to contain it.. I suspect they'll learn a lot from this game and work on there passing game and pass coverage and end up being just fine before all's said and done.. Not sure they can bring home the gold ball this year, but, they'll still be very formidable and a top 5 team or so in there class..
Mayfield1980 Wrote:One thing union city learned last night is that there new scoreboard works really well and can go up as high as 42 lol

lol
mysonis55 Wrote:Just when I thought Ghost was a hater, he comes with a compliment. I do like to stir things a bit Ghost but, mostly I just am bold enough to tell what I think instead of sugar coating things. I guess it comes from being married to a northerner.
He is setting you up.
Kracken Wrote:The reality of privates vs publics has to be part of the discussion when talking about small school football. Mayfield, Beechwood, and Belfry are anomalies. That Union City team would be very good relative to most 2a public schools. Think about UC versus the likes of the Murrays, Butler Countys, and Ballard Memorials of the world. They would be fine. In 2a KY, without privates and Mayfield, I would like their chances to get to the finals. With privates, they would be in big trouble.

Dead on my exact thoughts and since TN separates their privates and public's, UC will be fine. Maybe even win the title
The thing is, the privates in Tn have the option to play in either and several of the better privates play in the regular class..
pjdoug Wrote:Belfry didn't whip no tail in Knoxville last year.

But we beat them the year before smarta$$ we played teams out of Knoxville 4 years in a roll and won three out of 4
Ive been peeking in on coacht for the past couple of weeks, which I usually do anytime a good game between a TN and KY team is about to happen, and that Union City/Mayfield thread was the biggest one I could find.
People were excited about Union City this year. Very high hopes for that team.
They still might win every game left, BUT nothing is more demoralizing than getting your tail kicked on the first game of the year.
Completely changes the mindset.

Also, kudos to mysonis55 for non stop trash talking for a good 8 months Confusednicker:
You liked that did you? You know me. I'm just a laid back quiet type fan.
You missed the PT v McCracken game tho, myson55, badly. Stick to Mayfield games!!! Respect to calling the UC MF score.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:But we beat them the year before smarta$$ we played teams out of Knoxville 4 years in a roll and won three out of 4

You got hammered last year when you played against a decent team Smile
mysonis55 Wrote:You liked that did you? You know me. I'm just a laid back quiet type fan.

You're an amateur.
Yeah, I was off on PT. That was the strangest game I've seen in a while. It appeared that no one wanted to win. PT was having there way early. Then their qb threw 3 ints into a crowd of maroon shirts every time. I don't remember a single white shirt around any of those passes. They also had the ball inside the Stangs 10 with clock running out on 4th down. Instead of kicking an easy fg, they try to go for it. Then the Stangs would be moving the ball on the ground well on a drive, only to try to throw. Each time the qb holds the ball too long and let's the d line sack him. Not impressed with either. I think PT improved some and McCracken definitely dropped off.
Crimson, not Maroon.
Pages: 1 2