Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Switching to check and credit card only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, other than the $5 dollar bill all the other people who are on dollar bills were slave owners.

Therefore, effective immediately I am going to quit using currency. I will only be using check or credit card to make purchases. I encourage you to do the same.
WideRight05 Wrote:Unfortunately, other than the $5 dollar bill all the other people who are on dollar bills were slave owners.

Therefore, effective immediately I am going to quit using currency. I will only be using check or credit card to make purchases. I encourage you to do the same.

Well, you put this up as a troll, but I got a little light on it. The useful idiots are out tearing down public statues and threatening to go after our national monuments. Presently, the left are preparing an epic assault on any government facility, park, bridge, Naval vessel, town square, (use your imagination) named after any national figure who ever owned a slave. Not to mention the fact that a black legislator in MO, one Maria Chappelle-Nadal, openly called for the assassination of our President.

So let's cut to the chase. You can bet they'll shortly be coming after the entire US Constitution and all the founding documents on grounds of racism. The founders owned slaves, and the rationale will be that they were unfit to produce documents which govern "the people" in this day in time. There is one very large road block however, DJT. I wish him God speed. This nation is down the drain, it's just a matter of when the big hurt begins to fall on her citizens.
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, you put this up as a troll, but I got a little light on it. The useful idiots are out tearing down public statues and threatening to go after our national monuments. Presently, the left are preparing an epic assault on any government facility, park, bridge, Naval vessel, town square, (use your imagination) named after any national figure who ever owned a slave. Not to mention the fact that a black legislator in MO, one Maria Chappelle-Nadal, openly called for the assassination of our President.

So let's cut to the chase. You can bet they'll shortly be coming after the entire US Constitution and all the founding documents on grounds of racism. The founders owned slaves, and the rationale will be that they were unfit to produce documents which govern "the people" in this day in time. There is one very large road block however, DJT. I wish him God speed. This nation is down the drain, it's just a matter of when the big hurt begins to fall on her citizens.

No, now let's cut to the real chase. These symbols are coming down because of racism. These leaders, some of which did do good things, owned slaves.

Everything I say is fact, unlike your twisted ramblings. The fact is, these were slave owners. The fact is, their currency should be changed.

I'm sure Sombrero, Gitback Coach, and NCF will agree with me. And hopefully they will join in to go credit or check only.
⬆ I say let 'em all stand. William Faulkner said that when he first started writing he thought all people were basically good. After he lived a while longer, he thought all people were basically evil. Then, in later years, he saw that all people were capable of good and evil, even great good and great evil. So, let 'em stand as a reminder of that.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆ I say let 'em all stand. William Faulkner said that when he first started writing he thought all people were basically good. After he lived a while longer, he thought all people were basically evil. Then, in later years, he saw that all people were capable of good and evil, even great good and great evil. So, let 'em stand as a reminder of that.

And in your mind, such equivocations have a homogenizing effect on all of mankind on which not even God's own salvation can alter.
This is by far the most idiotic thread ever posted on BGR. I can only assume that its a joke. If not, let me educate you a bit.

Lincoln may not have owned slaves himself, but he was far from being an anti-slavery activist. During the Lincoln-Douglas debates (probably the most famous debates in the history of politics within this nation), he is said the following:

"I will say then that I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

He went on to make jokes about how that although he would prefer to see female slaves freed at some point in the future, he shouldn't be misconstrued... that he would never desire to marry or be friends with one.

So, by switching to checks and credit/debit cards, you will have done your part to end discrimination? What do you think happens when you spend $50 with a check? Or $100 on your debit card? The reserve banks transfer paper money to the bank of your business dealings. You aren't doing anything other than making someone else do your 'dirty work'.

Much like the Neal Boortz quote of a lifetime: "If its wrong for you to reach into the pocket of another and take their money.... its equally wrong for you to have the government do it for you."

Get a life. Get a clue. Get a better argument. If you don't want your $1's, $2's, $10's, $20's, $50's, $100's, Nickels, Quarters, etc...... I'll take them. In fact, I'll start a gofundme page so that you can 'use your guilt free card' to transfer it.

Democrats, liberal, and liars. Nothing seperate the former from the latter.
And when Lincoln 'freed the slaves'..... with his "Noble" Emancipation Proclamation....

What did it do? Nothing. He didn't free them in the states he actually controlled. In fact, it is doubtful that he actually freed a single slave with his pen that day. The order only applied to states he did NOT control.

When will liberals actually understand history, and not try to rewrite it?