Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 84 Johnson Central 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final. hard season for JC to say the least.
Congrats to Paintsville. Really didnt expect JC to have a season like they did.
Congrats Paintsville
I have to agree with many posters on here that Paintsville needs a bigger gym. I got to the doors and was turned away because of the fire marshall said it had exceeded it's limit. So an hour and 30 minutes later I got inside and happend to find a seat (needless to say about 30 people cut line which was aggrevating). JC came out in the first few minutes and seemed like they wanted it. After a Tiger time-out, Paintsville picked it up and ran with it. Game was really out of reach the majority of the second half with them holding on to a double-digit lead. I will say this, the Tigers were very aggressive and hit the boards hard tonight. Haven't seen them hustle like this in the few games I've watched. Lead by 18 with a minute to go and they played careless down the stretch. Congrats to both teams on an exciting game to say the least. Looking forward to watching Paintsville play in the Expo next week and hopefully the match up we've all wanted....PHS and SVHS. Good luck.
congrats pville
Congrats Pville!
Congrats Paintsville!
good game paintsville
Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Paintsville
Congrats Paintsville!!! Now Lets get a back to back Dist Title!
Congrats Paintsville.
Good Job Tigers!
Mccarty disappointed me last night, he played with no enthusiasim at all last night, he played like didnt want to win, he started the game off good, hitting his first few shots, then he kinda went cold, he didnt try to get open anymore, he didnt try to penatrate to the basket or anything, kinda sums up his season...
It's always fun to watch a PHS an JC game. Always guarranteed exitement, and last night was no exception. Great game to both teams. Congrats PHS good win.
Congrats to the Tigers for a hard fought victory. Wish I could have been to see this one.
Great job Tigers!! I hope Landon gets some rest, you could tell his illness had an effect on him last night as nothing came easy. He worked his butt off. All the tigers put fourth a great effort! JD really hit the boards hard. Van was the man. Grimmie has to have a dozen floor burns. Blake played very good til bout the last 3 minutes!!! LOL....
Jamie...I am really gonna miss ya on the court!
Congrats Tigers
Paintsville will be hard to beat in the regional tourney although SV, Belfry, & Pikeville may have something to say about that. Paintsville is may favorite to win this Regional coming up.

Why??

-Landon Slone is playing the best basketball of his career, IMO. He's not just getting it done on the offensive end, he's playing all around basketball. He was 2 assist shy of a triple double a couple games ago and was also WYMT's Player Of the Week.
-Shane Grimm is playing his role perfectly. He's the garbage man and has been getting it done plain and simple. He dosent have to score to be considered one of the regions best players, coaches see what he does and it dosent always show up in the stats.
-Van Fergason has lived up to the Hype from the pre-season and along with Slone is playing the best basketball of the season, he's adjusted well.
-Bundy has been playing more under control latley and has'nt been going out of his way to try and be fancy, when he plays like this people tak his game more seriously. His game is better and he's been getting it done from a PG perspective. Could be considered one of the best defenders in the region.
-They got rid of the distractins from last seasons team and the jealousy seems to not be there anymore.
-The tough schedule will pay of in the region.

What they need??
-They need VanHoose to step his game up and play the way he is capable.
-They need to stay focused, mature, and not pull the same stuff they did last season.

FYI:
Who ever wins the region will more than likley play someone other than Russell and could advance to the 2nd round of the Sweet 16. Jon VanHoose, Russell's star player and a canidate for MR. Basketball is done for the season with an ACL injury. VanHoose's basketball career isn't over how ever, he will play DI at Evansville next season...not trying to get of topic but I figured I'd throw that out there...My prayers go out to him.
Congrats Paintsville!

What won the game for the Tigers? EFFORT!! The Tigers played so hard most of the game that they were actually worn out by the end! That is what we want to see. Great job by all of the players, stepping it up when they should be. That is what they will need to do in order to beat SV.
Way to go Tigers! Play hard against Magoffin Co. on Friday! Good Luck!