Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Holy Cross @ Pikeville 8/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and why? Didn't see a thread for his week zero game so I thought I would start one.
Covington Holy Cross
Holy Cross lost a lot of senior last year rebuilding year for the cross, Picking Pikeville at home in a defensive game battle. Confusedinglepar

Pikeville 20
Holy Cross 13
Pikeville has some holes to fill but I'm going with them in this one
Pikeville by 2 touchdowns.
Going with the Panthers in this one. From what I understand, they looked somewhat better than expected with the Lawrence Co. scrimmage . Some holes to fill, no doubt, but HC lost a lot from last season. Panthers by a couple tds.
I will go with the Panthers. They will take some lumps but this Soph class will win a championship IMO. Going to be fun to watch all these guys the next few years...Confusedinglepar
Why did Pikeville's. QB quit???
BlueSky Wrote:Why did Pikeville's. QB quit???

He recently had surgery that would have kept him out for most of the season. Besides that I've heard that he wanted to focus on his surging basketball career.
As for the game, I still like the Panthers in this one.

Pikeville - 27

Covington Holy Cross - 14
Going to go with my Panthers after watching some film of Holy Cross and based on what I know about Pikeville. Panthers shook off some rust in the scrimmage against Lawrence County and I believe Coach Mac will have them ready to go Friday.
PikeVegas.
I'm going with the Panthers.
Pikeville 38 Holy Cross 34
hoghead Wrote:Pikeville 38 Holy Cross 34
I honestly don't know if either team will score that many points. I see it more as a low to mid 20's scoring game.
BlueSky Wrote:Why did Pikeville's. QB quit???

Heard he's been at every practice & was w/ the team at meet the panthers Friday. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the gridiron once he's cleared. Also very athletic Conner Roberts came out this week along w/ the Hamilton boy 6'5" 295 & Lamar Favor 6'7 330 adds added depth to line......This edition of the Panthers will be fun to watch grow, should be electric come Playoffs!
Gargamel Wrote:Heard he's been at every practice & was w/ the team at meet the panthers Friday. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the gridiron once he's cleared. Also very athletic Conner Roberts came out this week along w/ the Hamilton boy 6'5" 295 & Lamar Favor 6'7 330 adds added depth to line......This edition of the Panthers will be fun to watch grow, should be electric come Playoffs!

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wyatt Battaile return after about 8 weeks from surgery. His talents can certainly be used in the playoffs. Having said that, looking forward to seeing how Peyton Boyd Blair has developed at QB. Good to see some "big beef" on the line this season.
Holy Cross by 14
Pikeville by 12.
Game Day!! Want to wish my Panthers the best as they kick off another season! Time for some football finally!
Good luck to the Panther players, coaches and fans. I hope you guys win em all.
Pikeville 24-14.
The young Panthers pick up the win over top 10 team in 2A.
Pikeville 26
Covington Holy Cross 20