Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Class 2018? Class 2A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2A football this year is going to be nothing short of just a knock down drag out, each week. Lets look at the contenders:

CAL
DeSales
Mayfield
Owensboro Catholic
Danville
LCA
NCC

That's 7 teams that have a legitimate shot at winning it all this year. I'm not even sure about Murray, what they bring back. Somerset, I just don't see being a contender.

I don't think any other of the classes can go this deep.
Mods can edit the 2018. I'm a year ahead. lol But we should be good in 2018 too!
Going to add Leslie County to the #8 spot and moved LCA to #1 everything else looks good to me. :popcorn:
That list isn't my top 10. I'm just listing the schools who I think have a legitimate shot.
I think Somerset is capable of beating anyone in 2a on a given night.. That district is going to be a battle between them, LCA and Danville.. Wouldn't shock me to see the Jumpers knock one or the other off in the playoffs.. I agree, they may be a notch below the others you listed, but, still a scary team that will have to be reckoned with.. Murray should be improved, as well.. They always have good size and solid line play, return some good kill players and have some good athletes coming up from the younger classes.. Overall, 2a is going to be a bear all across the state..
Anyone know what these teams return this year or what they're looking like:
Glasgow, Monroe Co, Leslie Co, Butler Co, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro, Lloyd Memorial??
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I think Somerset is capable of beating anyone in 2a on a given night.. That district is going to be a battle between them, LCA and Danville.. Wouldn't shock me to see the Jumpers knock one or the other off in the playoffs.. I agree, they may be a notch below the others you listed, but, still a scary team that will have to be reckoned with.. Murray should be improved, as well.. They always have good size and solid line play, return some good kill players and have some good athletes coming up from the younger classes.. Overall, 2a is going to be a bear all across the state..

This could be the worest team at Somerset since the 0-10 team. Garrad def owned them only giving up 2 1st downs in 3 qters. 2 scores against Garrads 2nd team.
SWpride Wrote:This could be the worest team at Somerset since the 0-10 team. Garrad def owned them only giving up 2 1st downs in 3 qters. 2 scores against Garrads 2nd team.

You're the 1st 1've heard not singing the Jumpers praises this year.. Garrard was a solid team last year..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:You're the 1st 1've heard not singing the Jumpers praises this year.. Garrard was a solid team last year..

Not arguing with you but I looked up Garrad they ended 5-6 that's not too solid, and definitely not the Garrad of past.
SWpride Wrote:This could be the worest team at Somerset since the 0-10 team. Garrad def owned them only giving up 2 1st downs in 3 qters. 2 scores against Garrads 2nd team.

Somerset will be very good on the defensive side of the ball early on. They didn't have a few very solid pieces playing last night for various reasons, all of which are athletes that play on the edges and are difference makers in terms of offensive production. Their leading receiver was one of those.

This Somerset group is very physical, they won't be bad, record may not show it Bc the schedule is brutal but they'll have a good team
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset will be very good on the defensive side of the ball early on. They didn't have a few very solid pieces playing last night for various reasons, all of which are athletes that play on the edges and are difference makers in terms of offensive production. Their leading receiver was one of those.

This Somerset group is very physical, they won't be bad, record may not show it Bc the schedule is brutal but they'll have a good team

Jumper you are right. I was placing that on the schelude. Brutal is a understatement, but what i saw the line is horrible, and even with the one WR that wasn't playing can the qb even get time to get him the ball against the defenses you guys have to play? Trust me we are in no better boat at the reservation we are very bad, young as you guys. Thats what I'm makin my judgement on. Worse then 0-10 team, by that I'm meaning the 0-10 team had better talent, not as young, and didn't have to play THAT schelude.
I watched the Somerset against Garrard Co. and they didn't look very good on offense at all. Defense wasn't to bad, there JV and Freshman players looked very good. I see big things for Somerset in the future. I would like to see more of there Freshman class getting some Varsity reps....
2A was loaded last year across the state and will be even more this year.