Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 71 Cordia 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jenkins 71 Cordia 59 Final

Jenkins to play JBS in district on Wensday at Jenkins
#1ukfan Wrote:Jenkins 71 Cordia 59 Final

Jenkins to play JBS in district on Wensday at Jenkins

Zack Hurt, Corey Gamble, and Eric Combs all three fouled out in the 4th....yeah right.....Jenkins won this one on the free throws....they made 23 of 32 free throws.....half of which they were NOT entitled to even be shooting..... Go JBS and be prepared to play football...because tonights game sure wasnt basketball!!!! Zack Hurt had 31 points .....Puckett had 27....Cordia had shots that literally went all the way in and jumped out.....but free throws is what won this game for Jenkins......
woooohooo way to go jenkins...go cats
congrats to Jenkins
Congrats Jenkins
Congrats Jenkins.
nice win jenkins good luck with JBS
Wow, shocked i knew this wouldnt gonna be a easy game for either team but I still thought Cordia would come away with the W but Congrats Jenkins and good luck with JBS!
BIG WIN CAVS!!!!!!! You all deserved it! Good Luck vs/ JBS!
Congrats Jenkins
Congrats Jenkins!
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Zack Hurt, Corey Gamble, and Eric Combs all three fouled out in the 4th....yeah right.....Jenkins won this one on the free throws....they made 23 of 32 free throws.....half of which they were NOT entitled to even be shooting..... Go JBS and be prepared to play football...because tonights game sure wasnt basketball!!!! Zack Hurt had 31 points .....Puckett had 27....Cordia had shots that literally went all the way in and jumped out.....but free throws is what won this game for Jenkins......

Jenkins played a great game tonight, I can't recall them trailing at any point of the game. The referees however weren't consistent with their calls I thought. For a few trips they would call picky fouls then they'd switch and call fouls that were only muggings. That didn't lose the game for Cordia though, they just simply got beat. One thing that really bothered me was in the 3rd quarter when Jenkins made their run, Honeycutt never called a timeout. By not calling the timeout Jenkins got a 10 point lead and thats where it stayed. He never called a timeout in the 4th quarter either. Jenkins will now have all the world in it's corner to cheer them on, on their home court, when they face the regional favorite JBS. Kinda sounds like Rocky II and the title is to get to the region.
Love your last line! Rocky 4 would have been a better story where he faces the Russian, lol!
no way man, Rocky II was the best Rocky...knocked out Apollo in the 15th..better fight than the one in IV, although IV ended the Cold War, lol
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Love your last line! Rocky 4 would have been a better story where he faces the Russian, lol!
Congrats Jenkins. Jenkins just out played Cordia.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Congrats Jenkins. Jenkins just out played Cordia.

Cordia outplayed themselves....they ran the ball down the court and was way too quick to shoot...they needed to slow the game down and play better defense and offense ...they needed a time out to be calmed down a bit.....they were just too anxious and the home team crowd really cheered jenkins on.....Cordia needs more fans at away games....the boys get too discouraged and need encouragement ...I agree with one of the earlier posts about the time outs...I dont understand why there wasnt a timeout when the 10 point run came about in the 3rd......its all history now so no sense in me or anyone else complaining...it cant be changed.....lets just hope it isnt repeated....Honeycutt was proving a point to some of the players....there was a change in the lineups because some of the kids didnt show up for practice....I guess they thought Honeycutt would play them more where it was a tournament....we had several Freshman play last night too that usually dont play a lot of Varsity.....Im glad he stuck with that rule whether it meant a win or not....you will never get respect if you say one thing and then turn around and do another.....Go JBS!!! Im definately not a fan but you are a Knott County team and out of respect for my home county....GO JBS!!!
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia outplayed themselves....they ran the ball down the court and was way too quick to shoot...they needed to slow the game down and play better defense and offense ...they needed a time out to be calmed down a bit.....they were just too anxious and the home team crowd really cheered jenkins on.....Cordia needs more fans at away games....the boys get too discouraged and need encouragement ...I agree with one of the earlier posts about the time outs...I dont understand why there wasnt a timeout when the 10 point run came about in the 3rd......its all history now so no sense in me or anyone else complaining...it cant be changed.....lets just hope it isnt repeated....Honeycutt was proving a point to some of the players....there was a change in the lineups because some of the kids didnt show up for practice....I guess they thought Honeycutt would play them more where it was a tournament....we had several Freshman play last night too that usually dont play a lot of Varsity.....Im glad he stuck with that rule whether it meant a win or not....you will never get respect if you say one thing and then turn around and do another.....Go JBS!!! Im definately not a fan but you are a Knott County team and out of respect for my home county....GO JBS!!!
What about go KCC. Think you would support your county school a little more than you would a private county school.
good luck againts JBS
NightFlier Wrote:What about go KCC. Think you would support your county school a little more than you would a private county school.
Took the words out of my mouth.
Poor Cordia
NightFlier Wrote:What about go KCC. Think you would support your county school a little more than you would a private county school.

The reason I didnt say GO KCC.....is because the next game that was to be played against Jenkins was aginst JBS and NOT KCC........so I cheered for JBS......FOR THAT NEXT PARTICULAR GAME!!!! I didnt say I was cheering for JBS during the whole tournament....
JBS Fan Wrote:Poor Cordia

What happened to JBS winning the district??? poor JBS???? hmmm???? :dontthink