Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IYO who are the top players in the 56th district?
hmmm....off the top of my head:
Savannah Tharpe---Powell---SS
Katherine Smith---Lee---P
pitcher from Estill, don't know her name but she is a killer.
Kendra Combs---Owsley--

It's been a while since softball season, but these are all imo fairly good players in the 56th....
YouNeverKnow Wrote:Kendra Combs---Owsley--

kendra combs doesn't play softball for owsley. seh may play this year but i doubt it since she got hurt in district the other night. imo mika turner is one of the better players at owlsey. she's young and still has plenty of time to improve but as a 9th grader she is awesome.
YouNeverKnow Wrote:hmmm....off the top of my head:
Savannah Tharpe---Powell---SS
Katherine Smith---Lee---P
pitcher from Estill, don't know her name but she is a killer.
Kendra Combs---Owsley--

It's been a while since softball season, but these are all imo fairly good players in the 56th....

The pitcher from Estill is Brittany Thomas...she has worked hard all offseason and she is ready to get the season started!
Brittany Thomas-is a good playeer but she is nothing special
I believe this is correct: "nothing special" did
not give up a run in the district or regional
last year. Evidence, dear, evidence...unless
you give evidence your opinion shines like
the white of bird droppings on the hood of
a black car.
go powell
thecavemaster Wrote:I believe this is correct: "nothing special" did
not give up a run in the district or regional
last year. Evidence, dear, evidence...unless
you give evidence your opinion shines like
the white of bird droppings on the hood of
a black car.
I agree but she a fine pitcher but everyone has said she has improved alot over the summer that is not ture she is where she was at,at the beging of last season.Well we will see whenever they start playing
B. Thomas HAS improved...she's a little faster to the plate...
has added a pitch to her arsenal...but, I agree. We should
let the upcoming season speak for itself. I am confident that
it will.
I agree, the only people who know for sure if she has improved are her teammates, coaches, and herself. We will just have to wait to find out.
Originally Posted by mtnballer [Image: viewpost.gif]
Powell lost more than two seniors..
1st baseman... ashley mullins
2nd baseman... sylvania mccoy
center field... aleisha wells
left field ... laura steele
and several bench
tiffany mcintosh
bobbi roe
tina engle
* i think this is right.. although they lost several players they will be able to make up for the lost.. people might be surprised this year.. go lady pirates !!!

I know there are two ladys that can play frist base for the pirates Kelly Tipton and Erin Billings they will not be able to fill Mullins shoes which i think that is who started last year by this list.I know Kelly is a seinor and Billings is a sophomore.Any one have any ideas who will start or take the postion?Im not for sure how can fill the shoes of Mccoy is there anyone coming up that can play second base?We have some good outfeilders like kelly tipton can also play outfeild and shelby barnett?Does anyone have a idea who will start for the lady pirates?
my bad. i don't know why i thought kendra played softball. lol. but i agree mika turner is one of the best players on owsley's team behind the plate.
YouNeverKnow Wrote:my bad. i don't know why i thought kendra played softball. lol. but i agree mika turner is one of the best players on owsley's team behind the plate.
Kendra does play softball she was there pitcher but she will not be ready to play the powell owsley game coming up at the end of ther weeek
Kendra does play softball but she does not pitch. This is her first year. She is the 1st baseman

ballgurl00 Wrote:Kendra does play softball she was there pitcher but she will not be ready to play the powell owsley game coming up at the end of ther weeek
Kenda Combs from Owsley will be out for a while, she does play first, not pitch, for Owsley.
lil#33 Wrote:Kenda Combs from Owsley will be out for a while, she does play first, not pitch, for Owsley.
How long will she be out?