Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final Reg. Season Top 10 15th Region players.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the beginning of the season we had our preseason top 10 players, and now that we're heading in to the post season, has anyones top 10 changed or have the top 10 players remained the same.
Here is a list of Cats pause preseason top 10 for the 06-07 season...

1. Landon Slone, Paintsville
2. Jamie McCary, JC
3. J.D Vanhoose, Paintsville
4. Jamie Case, Belfry
5. Ethan Johnson, South Floyd
6. Devin Rice, Magoffin County
7. Shane Grimm, Paintsville
8. Daniel Pugh, Paintsville
9. Trai Witt , Betsy Layne
10. Tim Honaker, Pikeville
Its had to have changed a whhhole lot since then, first off Pugh isnt even playing, Mccarty hasnt had the season everyone thought that he would, Trai Witt is just too weak. List looks ok without the exception of Witt, Pugh and Honaker IMO.
1. Jamie Case
2. Landon Slone
3. Jamie McCarty
4. Devin Rice
5. Eric Arnett
6. Van Furgeson
7. Jacob Bryant
8. David Hess
9. Ashley Hatfield
10. Matt Clevenger

* players that could also be in the range from 7-10. J.D Vahoose, Forward from Allen Central?, Logan Bryant, Elisha Justice, Dustin May, Charlie Hunt, and also Ethan Johnson
I cant complain, I know they will be a big debate over the top 3, but that is were I would put them. I will say they are all 3 pretty close to each other.
SportsKrazee Wrote:At the beginning of the season we had our preseason top 10 players, and now that we're heading in to the post season, has anyones top 10 changed or have the top 10 players remained the same.

2. Jamie McCary, JC
4. Jamie Case, Belfry

That's a hillarious list, Shelby Valley doesn't even get a Top 10 player and Painstville has 4? Have these people even seen any basketball in the 15th region besides Painstville?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:That's a hillarious list, Shelby Valley doesn't even get a Top 10 player and Painstville has 4? Have these people even seen any basketball in the 15th region besides Painstville?

preseason no one knew that the young guys were going to be allstars.
charlie hunt should be on there.
1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
3.Jamie Case-Belfry
4.Van Fergason-Paintsville
5.Daniel Harmon-Pikeville
6.JD VanHoose-Paintsville
7.Ashley Hatfield-Shelby Valley
8.Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
9.Eric Arnett-Magoffin County
10.Logan Bryant-Shelby Valley
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:preseason no one knew that the young guys were going to be allstars.

Exactly!!!

SV was loaded with Freshman and definately under rated.

I haven't composed a top 10 list yet, but you can bet
I'll have about 3 of Valley players on there when I get it together.
Moe Wrote:1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
3.Jamie Case-Belfry
4.Van Fergason-Paintsville
5.Daniel Harmon-Pikeville
6.JD VanHoose-Paintsville
7.Ashley Hatfield-Shelby Valley
8.Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
9.Eric Arnett-Magoffin County
10.Logan Bryant-Shelby Valley

I dont see Ethan johnson being ahead of arnett, switch them around and it would be right.
All that matters is Landon Slone is still the #1 player. This kid can ball.
Case could make an arguement for the number 2 player in the region for the fact of the he has lead his team and scoring 25 a ballgame, i think case should be second for the fact of that he has lead his team to a 21-7 record while Johnson centrals record isnt all that great. JMO
SportsKrazee Wrote:At the beginning of the season we had our preseason top 10 players, and now that we're heading in to the post season, has anyones top 10 changed or have the top 10 players remained the same.

2. Jamie McCary, JC
4. Jamie Case, Belfry

where's the people from Shelby Valley
NYY10 Wrote:where's the people from Shelby Valley

That was preseason, i guess they didnt know Valley's players was going to be good and plus they even have Pugh on there from pville when he doesnt even play. lol
Sounds fair enough to me.
my last post was a reply to Super de in reguards to Arnett ahead of E. Johnson.
McCarty better than Case?? no way...that was proven head to head a few days ago....
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:That's a hillarious list, Shelby Valley doesn't even get a Top 10 player and Painstville has 4? Have these people even seen any basketball in the 15th region besides Painstville?

Yeah, this was the pre-season list.
Haven't you people realized that if they don't play for Johnson Central or Paintsville they can't play??? Nobody outside of Johnson County is worth a crap!!! If you don't believe that just read these threads!!
1)Landon Slone- Paintsville
2)Jamie Case- Belfry
3)Van Ferguson- Paintsville
4)Jamie Mccarty- Johnson Central
5)Ashley Hatfield- Shelby Valley
6)Eric Arnett- Magoffin Co.
7)Daniel Harmon- Pikeville
8)Logan Bryant- Shelby Valley
9)Devin Rice- Magoffin Co.
10)J.D. Vanhoose- Paintsville
I like you list also blackcat_student, what do you think of the Harmon kid out of Pikeville, I mean just your opinion of his game. He's gonna be a good one as well as Hatifield from Valley. two unbelievable underclassmen.
1) McCarty-JC
2) Slone-Tigers
3)Case- Belfry
4)Hatfield-Valley
5)Rice-Hornets
6)Crum-JC
7)Justice-Valley
8)Grimm-Tigers
9)Hess-Hawks
10)Arnett-Hornets
I've noticed a couple people mention Logan Bryant from Shelby Valley and I wonder if you are referring to him or Jacob Bryant. I think Jacob is better and is one of the most underrated players in the region overall and without a doubt a top 10 player.
Moe Wrote:I like you list also blackcat_student, what do you think of the Harmon kid out of Pikeville, I mean just your opinion of his game. He's gonna be a good one as well as Hatifield from Valley. two unbelievable underclassmen.

Daniel Harmon is really quick with the ball, and makes some pretty good decisions with it. He makes players around him get involved with the game, like Honaker, Adams, and Sword. Although Harmon has had some sloppy games too this season, but he still has a couple of years left for improvment. As for Hatfield, he is a good player, but has room to become a great player cause he is still maturing. Good Luck to both of these athletes.
I still think Case would be my number 1, and I have had many people to agree with me and tell me that, including Johnson County people. I think him and Slone are both ballers, and can take over a game. The thing I like about Case is his ability to make the other players better, he passes up so many open shots just to get another guy a shot. That is the sign of a great player.
And I dont know if I would have Hunt from Phelps on the list or not, he is defintley close. The problem with Charlie is he still has trouble keeping up on defense. And that is no knock twoards him, the kid is luck to be out there. But it does hurt him alot. I think if it wasn't for his wreck he would be in the talk with Case, Slone, and McCarty.
Belfry Wins Wrote:I still think Case would be my number 1, and I have had many people to agree with me and tell me that, including Johnson County people. I think him and Slone are both ballers, and can take over a game. The thing I like about Case is his ability to make the other players better, he passes up so many open shots just to get another guy a shot. That is the sign of a great player.
And I dont know if I would have Hunt from Phelps on the list or not, he is defintley close. The problem with Charlie is he still has trouble keeping up on defense. And that is no knock twoards him, the kid is luck to be out there. But it does hurt him alot. I think if it wasn't for his wreck he would be in the talk with Case, Slone, and McCarty.

nice post :Thumbs: But and to answer Aflus21's question about logan and Jacob, Jacob is the better ball player and is top 10, but logan is right on him.
Disco Stu Wrote:All that matters is Landon Slone is still the #1 player. This kid can ball.

You can have your opinion, But I have watched Case an Slone both play many times, an Case is the all around better player...

1.Jamie Case-Belfry
2.Landon Slone-Paintsville
3.Van Ferguson-Paintsville
4.Jamie Mccarty-Johnson Central
5.Devin Rice- Maggoffin Co.
6.Jacob Byrant- Shelby Valley
7.JD Vanhoose- Paintsville
8.Eric ArnettMagoffin Co.
9.Shane Grimm- Paintsville
10.Dustin May- Belfry
What are anyones thoughts on Charlie Hunt did he lose any latteral quickness or mobility from the accident?