Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: -STATS- first annual Sweet 16 Predictions!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well its that time again ladies and gentlemen, and its about 2 or 3 weeks and the State Tournament will be going down. So I have done my homework and alot of writing and I have finally got my State Tournament Predictions down and ready to get them on here! But first Im going to post the pairings for the State in case some people forgot or dont know at all.

Region Pairings for State

Region 5
Region 12

Region 11
Region 8

Region 13
Region 6

Region 9
Region 1

Region 3
Region 7

Region 10
Region 2

Region 15
Region 16

Region 14
Region 4

Now for -STATS- Regional Champions

Central Hardin (24-3) 5th Region
Pulaski County (19-9) 12th Region

Scott County (25-2) 11th Region
Owen County (21-5) 8th Region

South Laurel (23-5) 13 Region
Doss (22-7) 6th Region

Covington Catholic (20-6) 9th Region
Paducah Tilghman (20-7) 1st Region

Apollo (19-8) 3rd Region
Ballard (27-2) 7th Region

Mason County (24-2) 10th Region
Caldwell County (20-3) 2nd Region

Shelby Valley (24-3) 15th Region
Russell (24-4) 16th Region

Hazard (21-8) 14th Region
Warren Central (23-4) 4th Region

Those are my opening round predictions, 2nd round will come next saturday so stay tuned folks!
-STATS- Wrote:Well its that time again ladies and gentlemen, and its about 2 or 3 weeks and the State Tournament will be going down. So I have done my homework and alot of writing and I have finally got my State Tournament Predictions down and ready to get them on here! But first Im going to post the pairings for the State in case some people forgot or dont know at all.

Region 5
Region 12

Region 11
Region 8

Region 13
Region 6

Region 9
Region 1

Region 3
Region 7

Region 10
Region 2

Region 15
Region 16

Region 14
Region 4

Doss (22-7) 6th Region

Apollo (19-8) 3rd Region

Those are my opening round predictions, 2nd round will come next saturday so stay tuned folks!

looks pretty good...great job!!!:thumpsup:
right now as the teams are playing im going to say pcc takes the 14th and gets beat out first round due to a very good warren central team
rest looks ok
-STATS- Wrote:Well its that time again ladies and gentlemen, and its about 2 or 3 weeks and the State Tournament will be going down. So I have done my homework and alot of writing and I have finally got my State Tournament Predictions down and ready to get them on here! But first Im going to post the pairings for the State in case some people forgot or dont know at all.

Region 5
Region 12

Region 11
Region 8

Region 13
Region 6

Region 9
Region 1

Region 3
Region 7

Region 10
Region 2

Region 15
Region 16

Region 14
Region 4

Doss (22-7) 6th Region

Apollo (19-8) 3rd Region

I disagree with ya there big guy..I see Paintsville in that Sweet 16...
WildcatFan08 Wrote:I disagree with ya there big guy..I see Paintsville in that Sweet 16...
i dont see them beating valley
I don't see Hazard going out of the 14 after Williams' injury
timeout Wrote:I don't see Hazard going out of the 14 after Williams' injury
True
How Long will Williams be out for Hazard?.......and does anyone else think that Bell Co could take the 13th region very good team played SL last week and only lost by 1
Looks good to me.
Paintsville will come out of the 15th, Meade will come out of the 3rd, Christain County out of the 2nd, and Lincoln County out of the 12th.
MVP2 Wrote:How Long will Williams be out for Hazard?.......and does anyone else think that Bell Co could take the 13th region very good team played SL last week and only lost by 1
Bell co is a good team...never know what can happen
I'd like to see Belfry vs. Russell head to head in the state tournament..
powell beat belfry by 4 didnt they?
I don't think Hazard wins the 14th. And I for sure don't think Pulaski County has a chance to win the 12th.
15th will be a toss between Paintsville, Belfry, and Valley but either one will have a good shot about making it against a 16th region team!
how good is shelby valley? how would russell match up?
gamestopper11 Wrote:15th will be a toss between Paintsville, Belfry, and Valley but either one will have a good shot about making it against a 16th region team!

dont know much about paintsville or shelby valley but heres what i know about belfry.

belfry lost to ashland 71-80. russell beat ashland twice by a combined 22 pts.

belfry lost to lawrence co.52-61. russell beat lc 67-54.
Belfry beat lawerence by 20+
Looks good to me stats. I hope we both miss the 15th and paintsville can pull it out. Sure would like to see them in Lexington.
gamestopper11 Wrote:Belfry beat lawerence by 20+

im goin off what khsaa.org says
bizmark Wrote:im goin off what khsaa.org says

You all are both correct.

Lawrence defeated Belfry 61-52 on Jan 23rd
Belfry defeated Lawrence 67-45 on Feb 10th
gamestopper11 Wrote:15th will be a toss between Paintsville, Belfry, and Valley but either one will have a good shot about making it against a 16th region team!

It's a 2 team race between Paintsville and Shelby Valley. I don't know what Belfry has done to all of the sudden be considered a favorite to win it.
Mountain Predictions
Let's just hope that they can do something when they get there. Good luck to all mountain teams.

LC out of the 12th (PC hasn't been to a state tourney since they won it in 86 I think)
SL out of the 13th (always a powerhouse and looking good this year)
PCC out of the 14th (hard to beat in that region and Hazard has an injured player)
P-ville out of the 15th (tough region will be close but P'ville always turns it up at tourney time)
Russell out of the 16th (best team)
whos your momma Wrote:Mountain Predictions
Let's just hope that they can do something when they get there. Good luck to all mountain teams.

LC out of the 12th (PC hasn't been to a state tourney since they won it in 86 I think)
SL out of the 13th (always a powerhouse and looking good this year)
PCC out of the 14th (hard to beat in that region and Hazard has an injured player)
P-ville out of the 15th (tough region will be close but P'ville always turns it up at tourney time)
Russell out of the 16th (best team)

I have to disagree with you that paintsville turns it up during Tourny time, They have had one of the best teams in the region the last 3 years and they havent won region, but they might do it this year.
Looks great Guys, but heres my picks and predictions:

1st Round
Region 5-Central Hardin
Region 12-McCreary Central

Region 11-Scott Co.
Region 8-Simon Kenton

Region 13-South Laurel
Region 6-PRP

Region 9-CovCath
Region 1-Heath

Region 3-Meade Co.
Region 7-Ballard

Region 10-Bishop Brossart(Don't be suprised)
Region 2-Christian Co.

Region 15-Paintsville
Region 16-Russell

Region 14-Hazard
Region 4-Warren Central

Quarters
Central Hardin
Scott Co.

PRP
Heath

Ballard
Bishop Brossart

Paintsville
Warren Central

Semis:
Scott Co.
PRP

Ballard
Warren Central

Finals:
Scott County
Warren Central

Champion:
Scott County
whos your momma Wrote:P-ville out of the 15th (tough region will be close but P'ville always turns it up at tourney time)

Paintsville hasn't won region in 9 years. So how do they turn it up come tourney time?
alfus21 Wrote:Paintsville hasn't won region in 9 years. So how do they turn it up come tourney time?

Dang, I didnt know it had been 9 years? Thats a long stretch! But I guess it has been 9.
-STATS- Wrote:Dang, I didnt know it had been 9 years? Thats a long stretch! But I guess it has been 9.

yea and it could be time for them to win region,but I hope not!!
I like the draw for the 15th and 16th! Whoever may represent each region it should be an entertaining game. Also, with Valley playing warren central tough already. This gives some outside hope to all of our mountain teams in the tourney. Good luck all.