Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Baseball 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since all jobs went vacant on June 30th, wonder who will coach?
They were really wanting to keep Hager. My friends son plays and as of last week still no word on a new coach
Says on the football forum they hired a guy named Greene? That true?
I saw on another social media where Johnny Lemaster was interested. Any word on that?
Heard today that Trey Stapleton was named head baseball coach.

Bold hire. Trey was an outstanding player for the Blackcats just a few years ago. He is an even better person. He knows alot about the game and will have the help of some good assistant coaches.

This could be akin to the hiring of Shane Simpkins a few years ago.
That is a risky hire. They must have a lot of faith in him. From my own personal perspective I think it's better to work for a couple established head coaches and form your own way of doing things before you become a head coach. Even if it's learning what not to do, you are still learning. Hopefully, they will be patient, and give him a few years to be able to try different things in order to find out what kind of program he's going to have. If not, it won't be fun for him or the team. I wish him the best. He's in a tough spot.
Very young guy but I think he'll have an outstanding coaching career. Trey is a very respected person. Kids will buy into him. Only bad thing is P'burg lost a lot, I believe like 11 seniors, so young team with young coach.
Give this young man some time and good things will happen for P'burg Baseball.
baseball1974 Wrote:That is a risky hire. They must have a lot of faith in him. From my own personal perspective I think it's better to work for a couple established head coaches and form your own way of doing things before you become a head coach. Even if it's learning what not to do, you are still learning. Hopefully, they will be patient, and give him a few years to be able to try different things in order to find out what kind of program he's going to have. If not, it won't be fun for him or the team. I wish him the best. He's in a tough spot.

You have to care about baseball first, which Prestonsburg does not.
Prestonsburg will finish third in their district next season with Lawrence and Floyd Central leading the way.
Yustacould Wrote:I saw on another social media where Johnny Lemaster was interested. Any word on that?

Don't see any truth to that!
Prestonsburg can never finish third in their district next season with Lawrence and Floyd Central leading the way.