Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Football 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since all jobs went vacant on June 30th, wonder who will coach?
Vacant? Can you give more detail please?
My understanding was that every job in the district had to be "Reapplied for" Admin, Teaching, Coaching, Custodian, everything.

Not uncommon when you have a consolidation.
Rumors have flown all summer about replacing the the brothers but I'll believe that when I see it
I've heard of a couple of names and neither has been the coach of last year. I think that if they can get this one guy to come, the community would be pretty excited about football again.
Trojan4Life Wrote:I've heard of a couple of names and neither has been the coach of last year. I think that if they can get this one guy to come, the community would be pretty excited about football again.

I hear Coach Derrositt is still posting on the listserv about 7 on 7's.
Trojan4Life Wrote:I've heard of a couple of names and neither has been the coach of last year. I think that if they can get this one guy to come, the community would be pretty excited about football again.

I hate to say it but their will have to be some changes before people will be excited about black cat football again
I'm out of the loop nowadays, but I was told once they find a new principle that things may shake up then. But like someone said above, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Derossetts are very good coaches and they get the best out of their players. Prestonsburg has made some great runs and they've done a lot of good things when much wasn't expected at times under Coach John. Seems like with the rise of Paintsville & Johnson Central programs, Prestonsburg has slowly faded to where we are now. Depending on how Floyd Central does over the next few seasons the Pburg program might be finding itself worse off with more and more kids choosing other schools to suit up for.

With or without the Derossetts I want to see people get excited about Blackcat football again. The whole community used to stop every Friday night and they'd caravan to away games, no matter the distance. Now people just aren't excited and every time Pburg athletics are brought up in discussions it turns negative very quickly. Hopefully things get turned around sooner rather than later. I'm a Blackcat and always will be one.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm out of the loop nowadays, but I was told once they find a new principle that things may shake up then. But like someone said above, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Derossetts are very good coaches and they get the best out of their players. Prestonsburg has made some great runs and they've done a lot of good things when much wasn't expected at times under Coach John. Seems like with the rise of Paintsville & Johnson Central programs, Prestonsburg has slowly faded to where we are now. Depending on how Floyd Central does over the next few seasons the Pburg program might be finding itself worse off with more and more kids choosing other schools to suit up for.

With or without the Derossetts I want to see people get excited about Blackcat football again. The whole community used to stop every Friday night and they'd caravan to away games, no matter the distance. Now people just aren't excited and every time Pburg athletics are brought up in discussions it turns negative very quickly. Hopefully things get turned around sooner rather than later. I'm a Blackcat and always will be one.

I'm afraid that our programs are going to take a hit BA with the new school being built. I say this in regards to athletics and strictly athletics. Athletes from Betsy Layne and Prestonsburg are prone to traveling to other schools to be with better football teams. Hate to say it but it has been happening for years. So with the new school being built what's to say those kids won't just flock over to Floyd Central and play sports there?
So what has happened today with the coaching situation. I know something has happened just don't have all the details yet. Anyone have them?
Matman Wrote:So what has happened today with the coaching situation. I know something has happened just don't have all the details yet. Anyone have them?

I saw on FB people were calling for Coach Deroeset was on his way out but people were trying to petition to keep there.

But like I said, I saw this on Facebook and we all know that is not a reliable place to get information and I'm not trying to start anything.

Just stating a **RUMOR**
From what I've seen, coach John will be back as the head football coach at Prestonsburg for this upcoming season.

If true, I'm glad they brought him back for this season. I don't know what the future might hold for him, but if the administration wants to part ways with him, I'd rather he do it on his own terms. He deserves that, and not to be fired.
Looks like John is back and James is out. New baseball and Basketball coaches hired as well.
Matman Wrote:Looks like John is back and James is out. New baseball and Basketball coaches hired as well.

Any idea on who the baseball coach is?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Any idea on who the baseball coach is?

Pete Greene I believe.
What happened to Shawn Hagar?
Bob Seger Wrote:What happened to Shawn Hagar?

Named head football coach at Floyd Central.
Bob Seger Wrote:What happened to Shawn Hagar?

Floyd Central
Brandon Gearhart will be the boys basketball coach now. Just saw on twitter.
Shawn Hager is also going to be the baseball coach at Floyd central.
Spud6 Wrote:Brandon Gearhart will be the boys basketball coach now. Just saw on twitter.

Didn't he just resign from the girls coaching job a few months ago?
Blacksmith Wrote:Didn't he just resign from the girls coaching job a few months ago?

Have no clue. I had no idea he was the athletic director at at Prestonsburg High School.
Matman Wrote:Pete Greene I believe.

Whats the backstory on him? Any experience?
Fanman Wrote:Whats the backstory on him? Any experience?

Don't know anything about him. Also I'm not sure if this is final yet.
Fanman Wrote:Whats the backstory on him? Any experience?

What I have found out about Greene is he has 0 experience coaching baseball. Outside of coaching little league and 11/12 yr old all stars a couple of years ago. All of his experience is on the football side. he was the middle school football coach the past 2 years!
Matman Wrote:Looks like John is back and James is out. New baseball and Basketball coaches hired as well.

I was told today that James is back also
Glory Days Wrote:I was told today that James is back also

whaf in the world is going on in Prestonsburg?
Spud6 Wrote:whaf in the world is going on in Prestonsburg?

Same old thing Id guess. Favors owed, buddy system and east-Ky politics.
Spud6 Wrote:whaf in the world is going on in Prestonsburg?

The demise of Prestonsburg athletics! Heard today they had 3 more players transfer out!
Blacksmith Wrote:Same old thing Id guess. Favors owed, buddy system and east-Ky politics.

And a lot of money!
Pages: 1 2