Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nkorho Pan African waterhole camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam

Found this one on another site that I frequent. Kind of interesting. It is a 24 hour live feed from Africa.

Just saw some sort of large bird fly in and out of there. Looks like it is getting ready to rain there now.
I wasted 7 minutes of my life watching it pur the rain on that video and didn't see 1 living thing, lol, besides the trees!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I wasted 7 minutes of my life watching it pour the rain on that video and didn't see 1 living thing, lol, besides the trees!

Patience my man....patience.Smile
The way I understand it is that you can see a lot of action when the sun rises. That is supposed to be around 9:30-10:00PM EST.
There are Zebras there right now.
Crap there was all kinds of animals there right now.
Monkeys, Rhinos and other stuff.
Midee1 Wrote:Monkeys, Rhinos and other stuff.

That looks just like that pond in your back yard! LOL

My daughter enjoys this site!
That is really awesome! Got to see the Zebras!
I used to visit that site all the time but never saw anything so I gave up.
Is it like a zoo or something?
warriorpride Wrote:Is it like a zoo or something?

Nkorho Pan is a natural water hole in the prestigious Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, in South Africa. Nkorho pan is named after Nkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaan derivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common and unusual looking bird from this area. This is a remote camera set up to capture animal activity at the water hole.
I find this to be amazing.
I am so addicted to this site...It is awesome to be able to watch the animals, and if you miss something usually someone on the forum has captured it.
seen 2 birds is all
This is pretty cool Midee1, havent seen anything yet.....will continue to watch though.
I was watching it a few days back and it panned around and there were close to 100 animals. But I have also watched for hours and saw nothing.

Kind of like deer hunting.:o
Midee1 Wrote:The way I understand it is that you can see a lot of action when the sun rises. That is supposed to be around 9:30-10:00PM EST.

I was watching then and it was still very dark...so I looked at their current time and it was 4:30 AM!
There are zebra and wildebeest there now. There must be at least 25 of them.
The camera is searching for animals now, it will find something soon.Cool
Still no activity at the pond. Usually at this time of night there is a lot of activity.
My Internet is too slow to load it but I WILL check it out on DSL one day at a friend's house. I can't wait.
I seen 2 elephants and some monkeys yesterday.
thetribe Wrote:My Internet is too slow to load it but I WILL check it out on DSL one day at a friend's house. I can't wait.

It is really cool if you have the patience to watch for a while. I have seen hundreds of animals.
BurntTires Wrote:I seen 2 elephants and some monkeys yesterday.

Not fair. I have yet to see an elephant. I have seen everything else but never an elephant.
Zebras there now licking each other. lol
I never noticed but there are all the buildings until today in the back ground.
Maybe where it is in a game reserve? But how close are these buildings exactly to the waterhole?
thetribe Wrote:Maybe where it is in a game reserve? But how close are these buildings exactly to the waterhole?
You can see them in the distant tree line, and you can see them real good when they zoom in.
Well its 9:00 am there now and dark out and cant see anything for the light bouncing off the water.
Pages: 1 2