Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA Scantions come down on UofL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/ncaa...2010-2014/

MUCH more to come!!!!

NCAA press conference @ Noon today.
UofL press conference @ 12:30PM today.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3542&d=1497556231]

[Image: pitino-and-cardinal-cry.jpg]
Pot, meet kettle

"Kentucky's Shame"
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Pot, meet kettle

"Kentucky's Shame"

In less than a week....
A forensic audit of the UofL Foundation came out last Thursday. Which was DYNOMITE and will very possibly lead to some current and former UofL staff members and Administration get indicted and serve time in prison. Way too much to get in to on here, but it is insane.

Add in the NCAA ruling came out today against UofL in the case of their at least a 4+ year long Stripper/Prostitute scandal. UofL HAS ADMITTED THAT (at least) ONE OF THEIR MEN'S BASKETBALL COACHES PAID FOR (at least 20 known) STRIPPERS/PROSTITUTES PARTIES FOR RECRUITS AND CURRENT PLAYERS.... PLUS SOME OF THEIR FATHERS!!!!!!! ALL OF THIS OCCURED IN THE UofL MEN'S BASKETBALL DORM!!!!!

Tell me again how UK even remotely fits the bill of Pot or Kettle in this situation. And before you start with the "Cal is dirty" talk. Here are the facts...
At UMASS, Marcus Camby took the money/benefits ON HIS OWN!!! The NCAA proved Cal had or anybody else involved has NO KNOWLEDGE of that.
At Memphis, Derrick Rose was cleared by the University and the NCAA, but then the NCAA reversed their ruling and wouldn't verify the results of his SAT after they previously ruled in his favor.

Not saying UK is perfect, but we are not even close to what Loserville has done the past 10+ years.
SMU got the death penalty because they had a payroll to meet. What Loserville did was far worse than that, but got a slap on the wrist.
The only way this will be sufficient is if the appeals process fails and all games from 2010 to 2014 plus the banner gets vacated.

Its a beautiful day. I despise that program
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The only way this will be sufficient is if the appeals process fails and all games from 2010 to 2014 plus the banner gets vacated.

Its a beautiful day. I despise that program

Katina Powell was called by KSR Live on the air Thursday after the report came out.... she named Russ Smith, Chane Behanan and Montrezl Harrell (all three played in every 2013 NCAA tournament game - TITLE GONE) among others who participated in the Stripper/Sex parties when they were recruits and active players.
Russ Smith: '10/11 - '13/14
Chane Behanan: '11/12 - '13/'14
Montrezl Harrell: '12/13 - '14/'15

The NCAA document on their decision says "a vacation of basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014." Judging by the timeline the NCAA is looking at, they are going after UofL because at least two of the players (there are more) I've listed above participated in these events while they were recruits.

Furthermore, Louisville will have to remove Any & All material related to the 2012 Final Four and the 2013 National Championship. Anything on campus, in their practice facility, in The YUM! Center.... if it says anything about the 2012 Final Four or the 2013 Championship, IT IS GONE!!!!!
"Precious memories, how they linger. How they ever flood my soul...."

[Image: 7248102.jpg]

[Image: ncb_u_behanan_200.jpg]
Chane Behanan

[Image: smith.jpg?itok=uweb3Plh]
Russ Smith

[Image: NCAA+Men+Final+Four+Championship+WEVEsVZXWPPl.jpg]
Montrezl Harrell

[Image: RickPitinoInk.jpg]

[Image: poster.jpg]

[Image: rRwmL9mxuLH5P4X2lw4pb5Ro8Rv2x97o6EvmoVBX...yphTc=h900]

[Image: final-4-ian-klarer.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiRbxlX5KM7iq2Mveu6Sy...OISPhLlD9K]

[Image: Screen_shot_2013-07-22_at_11.14.43_AM.png]

[Image: banners.jpg]

If the NCAA ruling holds up, the 2012 Final Four and the 2013 National Champion seasons will be vacated. Banners gone, trophies returned, wins expunged and those seasons will be nothing but a Precious Memory.
Pitino is livid and going to appeal. I think the appeal is based mostly on the fear that their 2013 title may be vacated.

Oh, what tangled webs we weave..........................
Granny Bear Wrote:Pitino is livid and going to appeal. I think the appeal is based mostly on the fear that their 2013 title may be vacated.

Oh, what tangled webs we weave..........................

The ONLY thing UofL appealed when they originally got their N.O.A. (Notice of Allegations) was the Pitino suspension.

There is NO WAY (even in a court of law) their appeal will be granted.
They have already handed Pitino a more severe suspension.

I don't see an appeal happening either.
I don't see an appeal going anywhere. The charges are too serious. UofL is falling apart.
Im saying this as a basketball fan, not a Uk fan. BUT UofL needs to get their house in order. The financial problems which could lead to jail time in themselves(that was taxpayer money) and hooker-gate is giving the university a huge black eye that's affecting more than just basketball.
They should clean house,now..Top to bottom,.
Listening to JayCC Bilas on Mike and Mike this morning. He was coming up with every excuse in the book to defend Ricky Whitesuit to the point that there was no way he could have known what was going on. I though Golic was going to reach into the phone and slap JayCC in the face. Golic said he could understand a head football coach not knowing with over 100 players on the team. Ricky only has 15 players. He had to have known something was up.
I don't hate ol' Rick or anything and Im not headhunting Im just being honest..A head coach is ultimately responsible to some extent.
Just a pure guess but Id say he was looking the other way. Maybe not knowing exactly what was going on, but knowing something was going on at the least.
The NCAA is the most corrupt organization in the world. It would not surprise me a bit if they reduced the punishment. North Carolina is the one that I can not understand, you would think that would be about as cut and dry as anything I ever heard. I'm like the guy from Maryland that should be death penalty. They will get away with a slap on the wrist. Just wait and see.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Katina Powell was called by KSR Live on the air Thursday after the report came out.... she named Russ Smith, Chane Behanan and Montrezl Harrell (all three played in every 2013 NCAA tournament game - TITLE GONE) among others who participated in the Stripper/Sex parties when they were recruits and active players.

The NCAA document on their decision says "a vacation of basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014." Judging by the timeline the NCAA is looking at, they are going after UofL because at least two of the players (there are more) I've listed above participated in these events while they were recruits.

Furthermore, Louisville will have to remove Any & All material related to the 2012 Final Four and the 2013 National Championship. Anything on campus, in their practice facility, in The YUM! Center.... if it says anything about the 2012 Final Four or the 2013 Championship, IT IS GONE!!!!!

The time line the NCAA gave on vacated games matches up perfectly with the timeline that Russ Smith played for Lville. That guarantees he was the player they know about. The other two were only there inside that time frame but all three were during that time nonetheless.
It's coming down. Couldn't happen to a better program.

I still whole heartedly believe that what UNCheat did was worse and the ncaa is just making sure they've got what they need.
The problem with that case is that it falls more under an accredidation problem instead of just an athletic one since non athletes also took the class but make no mistake, they knew exactly what they were doing and how to cover themselves. IMHO UNC should have both the 05 and 09 titles vacated as well as all games from 2005 to 2013 or 2014.
However, the NCAA is scared of UNC and UNC has much more pull than Lville which is another thing I don't get. Lville is the biggest money maker in college sports. Lville is consistently number one in tv revenue. Half of that is prolly UK fans but still the city is the best spot for college sports
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The time line the NCAA gave on vacated games matches up perfectly with the timeline that Russ Smith played for Lville. That guarantees he was the player they know about. The other two were only there inside that time frame but all three were during that time nonetheless.
It's coming down. Couldn't happen to a better program.

I still whole heartedly believe that what UNCheat did was worse and the ncaa is just making sure they've got what they need.
The problem with that case is that it falls more under an accredidation problem instead of just an athletic one since non athletes also took the class but make no mistake, they knew exactly what they were doing and how to cover themselves. IMHO UNC should have both the 05 and 09 titles vacated as well as all games from 2005 to 2013 or 2014.
However, the NCAA is scared of UNC and UNC has much more pull than Lville which is another thing I don't get. Lville is the biggest money maker in college sports. Lville is consistently number one in tv revenue. Half of that is prolly UK fans but still the city is the best spot for college sports

If I'm UNC.... I would be nervous!!!!!
The Kentucky Sports Radio crew is wanting to do a Live remote when the banners come down.

AT ANY OTHER COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY IN THE COUNTRY, Ricky 3 stacks would have been released from his position the day all of this came out. UofL, for some reason, wants to protect the Cryptkeeper more than they want to keep their wins and championships.

Had UofL and their administration came out and apologized and took ownership for this, I don't know for sure, but one would have to think their punishments wouldn't have been as severe.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Kentucky Sports Radio crew is wanting to do a Live remote when the banners come down.

AT ANY OTHER COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY IN THE COUNTRY, Ricky 3 stacks would have been released from his position the day all of this came out. UofL, for some reason, wants to protect the Cryptkeeper more than they want to keep their wins and championships.

Had UofL and their administration came out and apologized and took ownership for this, I don't know for sure, but one would have to think their punishments wouldn't have been as severe.

Its bigger than Ricky, he knows more about the "other issues" at UofL that have been going on (non athletics). They need to keep him happy, because if he starts talking it could get really really really bad for UofL.
plantmanky Wrote:Its bigger than Ricky, he knows more about the "other issues" at UofL that have been going on (non athletics). They need to keep him happy, because if he starts talking it could get really really really bad for UofL.

True.... but what more could come out? Money Laundering, Fraud, Prostitution, Illegal Transactions with a Minor.... short of a Homicide, UofL has ran the gauntlet of crimes.

UofL is more than likely gonna have to return a great sum of money from the 2012 & 2013 seasons. Have their 2012 Final Four & 2013 National Championship seasons vacated. Not too mention all of the other sanctions that the NCAA has ruled against them.

I can't stand UofL or anything to do with UofL, Cardinals or the color red.
It's fun to laugh at them from a rivalry stand point, but after everything that has come out over the past two weeks, it's ridiculous.
I think Lville is more is scared of auditors then they are of the ncaa
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Lville is more is scared of auditors then they are of the ncaa

:Thumbs:

Ain't no question.....
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Katina Powell was called by KSR Live on the air Thursday after the report came out.... she named Russ Smith, Chane Behanan and Montrezl Harrell (all three played in every 2013 NCAA tournament game - TITLE GONE) among others who participated in the Stripper/Sex parties when they were recruits and active players.

I think Matt Jones and KSR were "in the wrong" to interview Katina Powell in the first place. I think he over stepped his boundary, in my opinion. This is coming from a UK fan.
There is a few on here who think if Matt Jines says it, it must be the gospel because there is no greater man. I listened to part of his radio show one time and decided that he and I had nothing in common. The only thing I admire about the man is he has figure out how to make a good living talking about something he loves.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I think Matt Jones and KSR were "in the wrong" to interview Katina Powell in the first place. I think he over stepped his boundary, in my opinion. This is coming from a UK fan.

What....??? Cat Daddy, that was the best part of the entire radio show.

UofL would (attempt to) do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:What....??? Cat Daddy, that was the best part of the entire radio show.

UofL would (attempt to) do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed.

I just didn't think it was a "good look" for KSR to interview a Prostitute/Stripper, who if I'm not mistaken, allowed her under age daughter to partake in the festivities. I think sometimes you have to take the high road and not fall to that level. As far as UofL doing the same thing, I agree, but two wrongs don't make a right. Take care of yourself Pulp.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I just didn't think it was a "good look" for KSR to interview a Prostitute/Stripper, who if I'm not mistaken, allowed her under age daughter to partake in the festivities. I think sometimes you have to take the high road and not fall to that level. As far as UofL doing the same thing, I agree, but two wrongs don't make a right. Take care of yourself Pulp.

Not only that but a reputable news station gave him the platform.
It's no secret that I despise ksr with everything in me and believe Matty bangs is just an attention whore who found a get rich quick scheme and never stopped.
I wish the university would sever all ties and credentials with ksr especially after this ridicolous interview. Remember this woman and her hookers slept with minors. She deserves no mouthpiece.
The fact that he regularly spews his liberal nonsense just shows he will def run for office someday which would be a disaster for this state. You see what his little cronies like Jonathan Miller have done.

In short, he's a joke. Ksr is a joke. And both deserve no special inside to UK athletics.
UofL is now a punch line. They are right there with Baylor, SMU and Miami
Wonder if Pitino will laser off that tattoo he has of the 2013 championship victory?
He will cover it with a bear tattoo.