Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South 4, Clay Co. 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South pulls the upset getting a two-run homer from Powenski in 4th, then got two more in 7th to go up 4-1. Clay got one back and had the bases loaded with only one out in bottom of 7th, but strikeout, ground out ended the game. Another disappointing end to a season for Clay.
Was just coming here to post this.

Never ceases to amaze me how teams fold against North and South in region.
I'm sure south is going all out for there coach.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they upset north.
Interesting tidbit I heard about souths coach.

His retirement actually starts on the first meaning he is no longer supposed to coach after that unless they give him an extension.
Like I posted in another thread, North and South EXPECT to win in the post season, other 13th region teams HOPE to win.
walterwhite Wrote:Like I posted in another thread, North and South EXPECT to win in the post season, other 13th region teams HOPE to win.

I agree completely.

However, I still think softball and baseball is a complete sham until they class it.
Think about 13th region teams.
1A wburg and Harlan could have made some noise.

2A Middleboro would continue to be a force.

3A Corbin could go a long way.

4A clay and Knox would fair

I would give anything to see them start classing. It doesn't even have to be 6 classes.
Nut at this point, it's become almost embarrassing to watch North and South, the two biggest schools in the region besides Whitley, continue to dominate the region year after year. North and South would still do extremely well but the playing field would be much more even
It's good to see Coach Burns going out this way instead of how it looked early on.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree completely.

However, I still think softball and baseball is a complete sham until they class it.
Think about 13th region teams.
1A wburg and Harlan could have made some noise.

2A Middleboro would continue to be a force.

3A Corbin could go a long way.

4A clay and Knox would fair

I would give anything to see them start classing. It doesn't even have to be 6 classes.
Nut at this point, it's become almost embarrassing to watch North and South, the two biggest schools in the region besides Whitley, continue to dominate the region year after year. North and South would still do extremely well but the playing field would be much more even
If it was only enrollment, then why has Whitley been so terrible? NEVER go to classes! Softball is getting better, the gap is closing between the Laurels and the rest of the region.
Just because you have the numbers don't mean you're going to be good.
But to expect wburg, Harlan, Bville, etc to compete with North and South is ridiculous.
Your talking a 1000 kid difference in school numbers.
North and South would still be fine playing Whitley, SW, and Pulaski but I'll just never agree with the khsaa until they class baseball and especially softball.
It's inevitable and is 100 percent guaranteed to happen, they've just been to lazy to do it.
Since Clay only has 2 more years left with this group of girls.......I'm curious to see how their coaching situation turns out. Gilbert has never been able to get over the hump in tournament play against the Laurel County teams. Yes they did win the district over North this year but in reality what is a district title? Only gets you drawing a loser in the regional first game.
I hope they never class basketball baseball softball