Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 13th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First Round- Monday May 29
12:00 Corbin- North Laurel
2:00 Knox Central- Middlesboro
4:00 Clay County- Lynn Camp
6:00 Harlan County- South Laurel
Semis- Tuesday May 30
6:00 and 8:00
Finals- Wednesday May 31
7:00
13th Region at South Laurel

Monday

Corbin vs. North Laurel at 12:00 p.m.
Knox Central vs. Middlesboro at 2:00 p.m.

Clay County vs. Lynn Camp at 4:00 p.m.
Harlan County vs. South Laurel at 6:00 p.m.
I think North easily gets threw.
Clay and Harlan County will battle to face them in the championship.
If North doesn't play better than they have recently, they could definitely lose to Corbin. But I have faith that Corbin will play tight and not pull off the win. I still really like Clay in other bracket.
Van Hagar Wrote:If North doesn't play better than they have recently, they could definitely lose to Corbin. But I have faith that Corbin will play tight and not pull off the win. I still really like Clay in other bracket.

I agree. Corbin will have to play much better defense to beat North. I think Clay comes out of other bracket. If Shields is on her game, Middlesboro could make it a game in the semis. I still say an all 49th final.
And I'm not going to be shocked at all if South beats Harlan Co. in the bottom bracket, which might actually be better for Clay, because for some reason Harlan Co. is always a tough matchup for them.
Van Hagar Wrote:And I'm not going to be shocked at all if South beats Harlan Co. in the bottom bracket, which might actually be better for Clay, because for some reason Harlan Co. is always a tough matchup for them.

I agree with that completely! For whatever reason, Harlan County gives Clay fits!
North Laurel, middlesboro, Clay & Harlan County to advance.
North Laurel 5
Corbin 1

North advances
Also Middlesboro 9-1 over Knox and Clay Co. 7-0 over Lynn Camp, no surprises there.
Nope those games were over when the draw happened.
I expect Harlan county over south
any updates on HC vs SL ??
South wins 5-4 in eight innings on a home run by Kenzie Jervis in top of 8th. Harlan Co. got a runner to second with one out in bottom of inning, but strikeout, groundout to end game. Tuesday, North vs. Middlesboro at 6, followed by Clay vs. South.
Van Hagar Wrote:South wins 5-4 in eight innings on a home run by Kenzie Jervis in top of 8th. Harlan Co. got a runner to second with one out in bottom of inning, but strikeout, groundout to end game. Tuesday, North vs. Middlesboro at 6, followed by Clay vs. South.

Same way South beat Williamsburg a few weeks ago.

I never expected south to won after hearing how good HC was. HC and Harlan are the only two region teams I haven't seen this year.

With that said, let's not forget that south just beat clay a couple of weeks ago didn't they?
This was one year that other teams had a good shot at knocking off either laurel county from a region and we may see a all laurel final AGAIN.

I'm still going with Clay.
Love to see there coach get one.
3 runners up advance! I've said all year long, don't count South out! Just like North, South EXPECTS to win at tournament time. Most teams in the 13th HOPE to win in the post season.
Very interesting matchups tonight. Can Shields keep Middlesboro in it? She didn't throw when North pounded them earlier this year at their place. Does North take a chance on not throwing Gregory to try to rest her for the finals? She threw maybe her best game of the year yesterday vs. Corbin. Dagley, her backup, has been throwing well, I think she will at least see some innings tonight if North has a comfortable lead.
In the second game, can South keep the momentum going? Who will Burns start on the mound? Gray did a pretty nice job last night before he went to Jervis, but I dont know if he can chance starting Gray tonight, game might get away from him in a hurry. Clay did the smart thing resting Owens last night, can she dominate for two more nights? I like North in the opener around 7-1, then Clay in game two, by say 4-2.
Van Hagar Wrote:Very interesting matchups tonight. Can Shields keep Middlesboro in it? She didn't throw when North pounded them earlier this year at their place. Does North take a chance on not throwing Gregory to try to rest her for the finals? She threw maybe her best game of the year yesterday vs. Corbin. Dagley, her backup, has been throwing well, I think she will at least see some innings tonight if North has a comfortable lead.
In the second game, can South keep the momentum going? Who will Burns start on the mound? Gray did a pretty nice job last night before he went to Jervis, but I dont know if he can chance starting Gray tonight, game might get away from him in a hurry. Clay did the smart thing resting Owens last night, can she dominate for two more nights? I like North in the opener around 7-1, then Clay in game two, by say 4-2.

I personally don't see rest being a problem when you are just pitching 1 game per day, even with 3 days in a row. Early in the year, possibly, but by now it should be no problem. You have to keep the game in control, so starting your 2 might not be advisable!
Listen I'm old school I was used to our number one just taking the ball, no questions asked. If we threw off it was for strategic reasons, not rest. But that seems to have changed some over the years, maybe because the bats have caught up some, in the early days there were a bigger number of totally dominant pitchers.
I would throw Gregory every game the rest of this year.
Colleges more or less throw there ace every single game unless they can get away with it.
Ole miss threw there ace about 4 games in a row to win the sec tourney. Girl threw about 600 pitches that week.
I don't like that but this time of year is lose and go home.
North beat Mboro 8 to 0
South beats Clay 4-2! An all Laurel County final! The road to Owensboro still runs through London, as usual.
North wins region 10 to 0 over south in 5