Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Central Summer Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody know how it is going, who's playing etc I'm hearing good and not so good!
Not hearing good things hearing a lot of players not liking the style this could be bad I know it is summer ball but we will see hate to see players disappointed
Theking123 Wrote:Not hearing good things hearing a lot of players not liking the style this could be bad I know it is summer ball but we will see hate to see players disappointed

This is what's wrong with this generation. They have too much input! Back when we all played, we laced them up, walked out there, and then ran whatever the coaches told us to. These days, it's all about "well the boys want this style or that style". Enough is enough. :please:
Watched them play several games at JC's camp and they looked pretty good, could tell that they were trying a lot of different combos and a lot of different kids, I think once they settle in and when the real season starts they will be hard to deal with
I just hope they don't play anyone who might beat them.....😜
I hear Pikeville couldn't beat them and I thought they could beat anybody!
Great start to a great season!
That is what I'm hearing today
Theking123 Wrote:I hear Pikeville couldn't beat them and I thought they could beat anybody!

Come on this is summer ball the worst team can look good in the summer some kids don't play and the one that do some don't take it serious I hope your not going by what teams do in the summer
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Come on this is summer ball the worst team can look good in the summer some kids don't play and the one that do some don't take it serious I hope your not going by what teams do in the summer

Looks like pikeville was missing one player and Floyd Central was missing one player so I call that pretty dam even
Theking123 Wrote:Looks like pikeville was missing one player and Floyd Central was missing one player so I call that pretty dam even

Shelby Valley beat Floyd Central by 20 at JC .. and by the way the way word is damn..lol
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Shelby Valley beat Floyd Central by 20 at JC .. and by the way the way word is damn..lol

Shelby Valley looked good and from what I hear they are a young team that's been playing together awhile and they are tuff. But that was one of the worst games Floyd Central has played so far. Plus these boys are a new team and under a whole new coaching staff but they are getting better everyday. By the time season starts they will be hard to handle.
All excuses i will judge teams about a month into the season after football is over. Summerball just doesnt do justice.
Theking123 Wrote:Looks like pikeville was missing one player and Floyd Central was missing one player so I call that pretty dam even

Well I'll remind you how even there are when Pikeville's holding up that region Championship trophy next year
Seen on twitter Floyd Central beat Dunbar by 21 to win the championship in their division at KBA after Dunbar beat pikeville by 20. Is the region up for grabs as much as everyone says or is Floyd Central is the clear favorite at this point?
Floyd Central won the Gold Bracket, which consisted of the 4 and 5 seeds from pool play. Pikeville was 0-3 and Floyd Central was 1-2 in pool play. George Rogers Clark won the tournament.

http://www.playkba.com/Tournaments/Tourn...edule.aspx
Floyd Central is doing great! They're starting to play with passion and develope some great chemistry which is what we've been lacking. We had one bad game in pool play on Thursday and Friday we had a loss to South Western that was a close game. But we came back out on Saturday and got a big win and then went out today and got two more big wins. Not only did our players come out of it and play hard and get some big wins but our fans were roaring over everyone. We had the best fan section that a team could all for and the future is looking great for the Jaguars!
They are definitely getting better and better, need to turn Tackett loose a little more
I'd still say Johnson Central and Pikeville are the favorites after watching them play at the KBA.
I saw Floyd Central's JV group get beat by 20 or so against Harlan County. I think they also lost to two of the Lexington teams.
HCS Wrote:I'd still say Johnson Central and Pikeville are the favorites after watching them play at the KBA.
I saw Floyd Central's JV group get beat by 20 or so against Harlan County. I think they also lost to two of the Lexington teams.

I still say Floyd Central will be the favorite going in to the season pikeville couldn't play with the Lexington teams and neither could JC and by the way they are talking Varsity not JV!!!
Theking123 Wrote:I still say Floyd Central will be the favorite going in to the season pikeville couldn't play with the Lexington teams and neither could JC and by the way they are talking Varsity not JV!!!

Which poll/polls will have Floyd Central No. 1? We'll see in October how that plays out.
JC went 3-0 in pool play and beat Tates Creek, Harlan County and Pikeville and made the championship bracket, they have split with both Floyd Central and Pikeville this summer so I think it'll be whoever gets hot at the right time, I think Pike Central and maybe even Shelby Valley could possibly make a run by the end of the year.....just have to wait and see.. February will be here b4 you know it, BTW both Floyd Central and Pikeville had losing records in pool play at the KBA, Floyd Central beat the best of the worst pool play teams in their bracket...just sayin
Floyd Central spoil was much harder than pikeville or JC. West Jessamine, Dunbar, and a ridiculously good fundamental Southwestern team. Played awful against West J. Lost to Southwestern by 4 and beat Dunbar by 2. Then turned around beat dunbar again by 20. Southwestern and West jessamine had a chance to be playing in the championship game but a 3 by Lexington christian beat Southwestern. Im not sure if any team in the other pool even came close.
I'm not saying anything bad about any team I've been watching this stuff for 30 years and I can tell ya summer ball don't mean anything when it comes to the season it's hard to tell what any of these teams are going to do come basketball season
You hear that every year - it don't mean anything.
Good teams in the summer are good teams during the season. Bad teams in the summer are bad during the season.
You can't guarantee anything, but you get a good idea during the summer.
I watched the Lexington games. When JR and Slone where both in the Game, McCraken nor Dunbar had an answer for the speed and defense.
Who will starting 5 be? How deep will FC be?
Has the integration of two programs went smoothly
Yes! The guys are all buddies and jelling as one unit as far as I could tell. Go Jags!
bobcats#1fan Wrote:Who will starting 5 be? How deep will FC be?

Starting 5 Dylan caudill, Brady conn, j.r Tackett, Jake Collins, and kolby Slone and they got a great bench
Pages: 1 2