Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Surprise players or most improved this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have alot of threads about the best players in the districts/regions. I think it would be interesting to hear who people think are the surprise players in the region that was under looked at the beginning of the season.
Alex Hammonds from AC great player, very underrated.
Deven Adams of Pikeville
David hess pike central
Deven Adams-Pikeville
The big boy at Betsy Layne is probabily most improved. As far as suprise players I would have to say Daniel Harmon of pikeville. I hadn't even heard of him untill this season and now I'd put him as one of my top 5 players in the region. I like his game.
gamestopper11 Wrote:David hess pike central

I have to agree!
He has come a long way!
He has been really impressive the last few central games!
I always knew that Matt Clevenger at Pikeville was a good player, but this year he has impressed me tremendously, honestly I feel he might be a top 10 player and befor season I probably wouldn't have put him top 25.
The entire Prestonsburg team has surprised me this year.
Surprise player-David Hess, He has proved to be a step up player this year. Last year he had to play in the shadows of Brad Lowe, but this year he has showed he can control the game with his skill.
Most Improved Player- Devin Adams, softer touch this year and much more coordinated as far as catching the ball and making his own shots around the goal..Looking good big guy..
The biggest surprise player is lyle johnson. last year he didn't even get to play and only averaged like 3 points. hes averagin around 18 points this year for south floyd, he came out of nowhere.
thespectator Wrote:The biggest surprise player is lyle johnson. last year he didn't even get to play and only averaged like 3 points. hes averagin around 18 points this year for south floyd, he came out of nowhere.

Well heck...why would it b e a surprize for him to average 18 a game this year after he averaged 3 points a game last year without even playing??? Sounds like he is underachieving this year.
One that comes to mind for me is Kevin Potter at Jenkins! I would say he averages a double-double!
Pupaw Wrote:The entire Prestonsburg team has surprised me this year.

I agree with ya there!
Grimm from Jenkins has played well this year.
Most improved player -- James Blankenship of JC
taylor newsome from shelby valley
Alot of Prestonsburg players.
I've watched David Hess play basketball since he was probably 5 or 6 years old and he has always been one to watch. I'm glad that he is getting some recognition this season, he deserves it.
Pupaw Wrote:The entire Prestonsburg team has surprised me this year.

Yeah I would have to agree with you there.