Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hamidou Diallo will return for freshman season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A five-star prospect in the 2017 class, Diallo graduated high school early and enrolled at Kentucky in January. He didn't play in any games, though, and redshirted the spring semester. He will suit up as a freshman in the fall.

Incoming
Hamidou Diallo - 5 Star SG
Kevin Knox - 5 Star #2 PF
P.J. Washington - 5 Star # 3 PF
Nick Richards - 5 Star # 5 C
Jarred Vanderbilt - 5 Star # 5 PF
Quade Green - 5 Star # 5 PG
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - 4 Star #9 PG
Jemarl Baker - 4 Star # 166 SG

Returning
Wenyen Gabriel
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Tai Wynyard
Jonny David
Dillon Pulliam
Brad Calipari

My projected '17/'18 starting lineup
G - Quade Green
G - Hamidou Diallo
F - P.J. Washington
F - Kevin Knox
C - Nick Richards
He sure milked it all he could. I think it's funny, that once he announced his return, he made mention that he couldn't wait to put on a UK jersey and play for UK and that how one of his dream goals was to play at a top college and win a national championship.....If that's the case then why did you wait until the very last second to state that your coming back? Hell why even attempt to go to the NBA if you wanted to play college ball?
Strikeout King Wrote:He sure milked it all he could. I think it's funny, that once he announced his return, he made mention that he couldn't wait to put on a UK jersey and play for UK and that how one of his dream goals was to play at a top college and win a national championship.....If that's the case then why did you wait until the very last second to state that your coming back? Hell why even attempt to go to the NBA if you wanted to play college ball?

I agree with what you are saying.

But if somebody offered me a guaranteed NBA contract of 7 or 8 figures, my dreams would change.

As Ted DiBiase said "Everybody's got a price...."
It has to do with money and that's all. I'm sure he would love to play for a great college team, but money wins every time. Plus the fact he's still maturing somewhat. All that attention at that age would be a lot of fun. I really don't have a problem with how he did, I'm glad to see him back, but would have been fine if he decided to go the other way as well.