Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Flyer from the Paintsville and JC game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We sure look good now don't we. The front page of the Paintsville Herald. Thank you whoever made up the flyer for giving the whole Paintsville faithful a black eye. I have my list narrowed down to about 3 adults that would have done such a thing.
Tiger98 Wrote:We sure look good now don't we. The front page of the Paintsville Herald. Thank you whoever made up the flyer for giving the whole Paintsville faithful a black eye. I have my list narrowed down to about 3 adults that would have done such a thing.

What actually did it say?
love to a copy of that,,, was it an adult! no wonder our children act in the manner that they do
Yeah Ive seen the list and the ironic thing is that all but maybe 2 or 3 of the things on the list has been on the front page of the Paintsville Hearld all ready...Guess it just looks weird all being listed together...Confusedhh:
I dont read the Paintsville Herald. so this list was on the front page. Man do you all need some more news in Paintsville.
jOHn:316 Wrote:I dont read the Paintsville Herald. so this list was on the front page. Man do you all need some more news in Paintsville.

The list itself wasn't on the front page. The list came from incidents that have been on the front page before.

And no I don't think any high school student did this, I don't there is a student at Paintsville High School creative enough to come up with the idea for this list, had to be an adult.
If they dont know who done it, it will only be a matter of time. No one does these things alone. And someone who would do something like that can not keep a secret. But whats the big deal, it was all in good fun, and no one got hurt.Still shocked it made the front page.

I guess JC and Paintsville rival is bigger than I thought. Thats the good thing about living in Floyd County we have 6 schools here, counting David and Piraist, and we kind of spread the rivals around.
It's embarassing to think we would have so called adults out there that would take time to do such a thing.
I've heard some names tossed around. I even heard that it was somebody from Central, which I heavily doubt, but it will be near impossible to find out who did it unless they fess up. This is truly embarrasing to the Paintsville School System.
wat exactly does this LIST mean?
Can someone explain this to me? I have no idea what its about.
What is so funny though is that YES it made the front page of the Paintsville Herald and I'll be Dang. One of the things that was on the list was also on the page. IMO the Apple Day Top Ten was 1000 times worse than this one. The one thing that is really bothersome though is if an adult did it. They have waaaay to much time on thier hands and needs to get a life.
Yeah I agree with offthehook...the apple day top 10 was way worse and it seems like this is a bigger deal...why??? Like I said earlier just about all of this has made the front page before...it's probably where they got all the infromation from...lol... It's not like we all didnt already know this stuff anyway..so whats the big deal???
Everyone let's all grow up and quit acting like kids. If an adult did the list then you have too much time on your hand.
what was said
Can someone PM me with what it said. I've wondered for a while now. Thanks.
If it was front page news why cant someone tell us what it said,,,gee whiz
Here is an editorial about the Flyer from the Paintsville Herald:

Flyer attacks Johnson school system
By Loretta Tackett
Editor

Evidence of an attempt to fuel rivalry between Paintsville and Johnson County school systems was attached to auto windows and business doors all over Paintsville last Thursday night and Friday morning, but school superintendents are using teamwork to address ongoing tension-producing antics.
A majority of those attending the game between Paintsville and Johnson Central Feb. 15 left the event to find a flyer stuck to their windshields, offering “reasons why city schools are better than county schools.” Many businesses, including the Herald, found the flyer taped to their doors Friday morning.
Unique Hair Connection’s Judy Beard said she saw the flyers on several doors when she pulled the one from her door when entering her business on Broadway Friday morning.
The flyer alluded to court cases involving a teacher’s aide, a principal, and a former finance director, as well as attendance issues addressed by the state auditor’s office last year, and other derrogatory claims against people in the Johnson County school system. The obvious poke at the school system experiencing a lot of difficulty over the last year began with a photo of a tiger and ended with “our holidays will be better than yours, hope you have a better new year.”
While there has always been rivalry between the two systems, it’s getting worse, said parent Patty Wefenstette, who has a 17-year-old at Johnson Central High School (JCHS) and a 11-year-old at Paintsville.
“It’s gotten way out of control,” Wefenstette said, adding she remembered students taunting students when she was at JCHS and her husband was at Paintsville High, but it was students having fun, while the latest act appeared to be the work of an adult.
“This is not something that children wrote,” Wefenstette said. “This came from an adult or adults, and then people wonder why the kids are the way they are.”
However, Paintsville Super-intendent Coy Samons said there is no evidence of whether the responsible person or group is a student or adult, or which school system they are in, if any.
When asked about cameras in the parking lot, Samons said they had been checked but did not contain any evidence, adding the flyers were distributed to parking lots all over town.
“If it’s an adult, it’s bound to be a sick person, and they need professional help,” Johnson County Superintendent Steve Trimble said.
“This person or persons are trying to cause an uproar and hard feelings,” Samons said, asserting he is confident none of the recent attempts to fuel rivalry between the two systems did not come from his personnel.
There have been several other attempts to spur conflict between the two systems with a history of school rivalry, so much so it prompted the Johnson County Board of Education to publicly announce plans to set up regular meetings with the Paintsville Board of Education to address the problem.
“Trimble and I have discussed this matter at length,” Samons said.
“For years this [rivalry] has been going on,” Trimble said, asserting it usually happens during football season, especially around Apple Bowl time. “We do have a good healthy rivalry on the floor. It’s a shame it is spilling over into the public.”
The school system leaders sat down after last football season and talked about how the problem is worsening, Trimble said, as those responsible are attaching names to things, making it much more personal.
“It really isn’t cute or funny,” Trimble said.
“The taunting has been going too far these last couple of years and nothing is being done about it,” Wefenstette said.
However, the only way to curtail the problem, Samons asserted, is to find out who is responsible for the antics.
“At this point, we’re at a dead end,” Samons said.
Why can't someone post a picture of the sign?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Why can't someone post a picture of the sign?
I couldn't find one.
I don't think this would have made the papers if it hadn't been posted on business windows. What exactly were the people that wrote this hoping to accomplish, other then making themselves look stupid?
can someone pm me what it said i would like to know ...thanks
This situation going public will more than likely increase the tension between these two schools.
Pupaw Wrote:I've heard some names tossed around. I even heard that it was somebody from Central, which I heavily doubt, but it will be near impossible to find out who did it unless they fess up. This is truly embarrasing to the Paintsville School System.

Yes it will be impossible to find who did this, but I do believe that it was done with an agenda in mind. I believe it was done to embarrass the city school system. I believe that whomever did this wanted to keep the sh** pot stirred so they therefore put one on the Paintsville Herald door. But what I find so confusing is the fact that quite a few from Johnson Central are so upset over actual facts and events that have already been reported on in print and radio, when during Apple week those "you know you're a....." got so vicious and crude that it was truly an embarrassment to both schools and you didn't hear much about this at all. Makes you wonder if it depends on WHO is being talked about before anyone decides to put a stop to it. But then both of these schools ( or should I say some adults associated with these schools, whether employee or parent ) do not need much to get them stirred up either. And then we watch the students with their actions and attitudes and wonder just where in the he** do they get them. All it takes is one or two to ruin it for everyone else, and so far those few seem to be succeeding.
Who's to say it's not someone from the Johnson County School Sytem with an ax to grind???????
blackwidow Wrote:Yes it will be impossible to find who did this, but I do believe that it was done with an agenda in mind. I believe it was done to embarrass the city school system. I believe that whomever did this wanted to keep the sh** pot stirred so they therefore put one on the Paintsville Herald door. But what I find so confusing is the fact that quite a few from Johnson Central are so upset over actual facts and events that have already been reported on in print and radio, when during Apple week those "you know you're a....." got so vicious and crude that it was truly an embarrassment to both schools and you didn't hear much about this at all. Makes you wonder if it depends on WHO is being talked about before anyone decides to put a stop to it. But then both of these schools ( or should I say some adults associated with these schools, whether employee or parent ) do not need much to get them stirred up either. And then we watch the students with their actions and attitudes and wonder just where in the he** do they get them. All it takes is one or two to ruin it for everyone else, and so far those few seem to be succeeding.

I have to agree...That this list is nothing... and I mean NOTHING... compared to the ones that were sent out during Apple Day. The ones that were sent out at Apple Day listed names and explicit acts that would make a sailor blush. This one just listed facts that were already posted in the local papers. Heck one of the facts was listed on the front page along with the story of the list! IMO I am ashamed that something like this would even make the front page of any news paper! This whole thing is stupid!
Don't believe that theory for a second. If so then why wouldn't the flyers have been left on cars during the JC/Pville game when it was held at JC??
I'm sure most of you Paintsville fans know exactly who wrote it, but just won't admit it.
20/20 Wrote:Don't believe that theory for a second. If so then why wouldn't the flyers have been left on cars during the JC/Pville game when it was held at JC??
I'm sure most of you Paintsville fans know exactly who wrote it, but just won't admit it.

I guess because more articles have been in the paper since then...

I ain't got the first clue to who came up with this, but like said earlier, what does it matter. This same stuff has been in the newspaper prior to the "List".
20/20 Wrote:Don't believe that theory for a second. If so then why wouldn't the flyers have been left on cars during the JC/Pville game when it was held at JC??
Well I for 1`have not a clue who is/was behind this. If i Did, I would let you know.
maybe...