Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region tournament bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winners (W) and Runners-Up (RU) of the four district tournaments in the 15th region.

57th
Johnson Central - W
Paintsville - Ru

58th
Prestonsburg - W
Allen Central - Ru

59th
Pikeville - W
Shelby Valley - Ru

60th
Lawrence County - W
Pike County Central - Ru
FWIW, the 15th Region baseball tournament will be played @ Pike County Central.
First Round games (5/29)

Johnson Central vs. Allen Central - 11:00AM

Pikeville vs. Pike County Central - 1:30PM

Prestonsburg vs. Shelby Valley - 4:00PM

Lawrence County vs. Paintsville - 6:30PM

Semi-Final games will be played on Tuesday, 5/30.
Championship game will be played on Wednesday, 5/31.

All games and dates are weather permitting.
JC the favorite?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:First Round games (5/29)

Johnson Central vs. Allen Central - 11:00AM

Pikeville vs. Pike County Central - 1:30PM

Prestonsburg vs. Shelby Valley - 4:00PM

Lawrence County vs. Paintsville - 6:30PM

Semi-Final games will be played on Tuesday, 5/30.
Championship game will be played on Wednesday, 5/31.

All games and dates are weather permitting.

doubledown Wrote:JC the favorite?

The bottom half of the bracket is gonna be tough.

LC vs. Paintsville should be the best game of the first round. Whoever wins that one had better hope their pitching staff comes with their A game against Prestonsburg. Not knocking Shelby Valley, but Pburg is probably the favorite in that game. More than likely, the winner will have thrown their #1 and #2 pitcher coming in to the regional championship.

Johnson Central will more than likely beat Allen Central.
The Pikeville vs. Pike County Central game should be fun to watch. They are 1-1 on the season. Pitching strategy will be a major factor. Three games in three days against quality competition is hard for any team.
The first 3 games of the day look pretty straight forward to me with the district winners getting wins. The most intriguing game to me is the Lawrence County versus Paintsville. Both teams are really young so there will definitely be some nervous moments. This is a toss up.
Just seen scoreboard where Pike Central beat Pikeville 6-5 and Shelby Valley is up 4-2 on Prestonsburg.
I listened to the WSIP broadcast of the Pike Central vs. Pikeville game.... Scott Ratliff did a great job setting the scene with his broadcast.
Updated for the Semi-Finals

Johnson Central vs. Pike County Central @ 6:00PM
Shelby Valley vs. Paintsville @ 8:30PM

Games are @ Pike County Central HS.
JC by 20
A couple of upsets in my opinion yesterday. Anything can happen during tournament time.
It seems like LC got a bad draw? Is Paintsville down this year or are they the normal paintsville? I know they win but I didn't know what kind of team they had?
Mister D Wrote:A couple of upsets in my opinion yesterday. Anything can happen during tournament time.

IMO, Pike Central beating Pikeville WAS NOT an upset.

Pike Central beat Pikeville 5-4 on April 25th.
Pikeville beat Pike Central 3-9 on March 20th.

IMO, Paintsville beating Lawrence County WAS NOT an upset.

Paintsville beat LC 3-1 on March 16th.
I agree with Paintsville over LC not being an upset. Like I said earlier that game was a toss up. Mason Moore did a great job for the Tigers and they got the win. They have a you g team that is really going to be dangerous next year.

Shelby Valley over Prestonsburg was an upset in my opinion. Pburg had a solid season.

I still believe Pike Central over Pikeville was a slight upset. Pikeville had more quality wins on the season such as (Pburg, Boyd Co, Ashland) however, Pikeville had been slumping recently so I'm not completely shocked that Pike Central pulled off the win at home. Pike Central never gave up and going into their last inning were down 5-1 but made plays to win the game. Pikeville did seem to have a couple of key errors that really cost them late.
So paintsville and LC were very similar?