Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard's Matt Williams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I learned Hazard Senior Forward Matt Williams will be out for the rest of the season because of his ankle. This is extremely sad situation i really feel sorry for the kid. I really enjoyed watching this kid play ball as much as i do anyone in the region, he gave his heart and soul to do the little things for hazard bulldogs such as defense on the other teams best player rebounding and just scoring when he needed to, as a former kentucky high school basketball player i could not imagine how he is feeling right now 1 week before the tourneys start. If he gets the chance to read this i would like him to know that everybody on lotts creek is pulling for him to make it back for the tourney. We're praying for you Matt, best of wishes.
If this is true it is a tremendous blow to Hazard that couldnt have happend at a worse time. I'm sorry to hear this about Matt. Is there any other information about the extent of his injury or how it occured?
If this is true it is a tremendous blow to Hazard that couldnt have happend at a worse time. I'm sorry to hear this about Matt. Is there any other information about the extent of his injury or how it occured?
matt is now having therapy for his ankle and he told me that him returning this season all depends on how long it will take him to get his strength back in his ankle...he is now trying to get the swelling down this week and will begin his strengthening process next week...he also told me that he could be back by the 1st round of region if all goes well...but if not i guess he will need to do what he can to get it back to 100% if he is still going to play ball at centre college next year
Hope he gets well soon, and is able to come back before the season is over. He is a major asset to the Hazard squad...
Get well soon young man.
just got word that he may be back in time for the regional tournament...IF the bulldogs make it
thedarkside Wrote:Last night I learned Hazard Senior Forward Matt Williams will be out for the rest of the season because of his ankle. This is extremely sad situation i really feel sorry for the kid. I really enjoyed watching this kid play ball as much as i do anyone in the region, he gave his heart and soul to do the little things for hazard bulldogs such as defense on the other teams best player rebounding and just scoring when he needed to, as a former kentucky high school basketball player i could not imagine how he is feeling right now 1 week before the tourneys start. If he gets the chance to read this i would like him to know that everybody on lotts creek is pulling for him to make it back for the tourney. We're praying for you Matt, best of wishes.
The injury occured during the South Laurel game.
He is not out for the rest of the season. He personaly told me that he'll be ready for region if his therapy sessions go as good as they have been going on. He was off the crutches last week and is doing much better, he will NOT play in the district tourny but will be ready when needed in the regionals. His chances of playin the first round of region are very good as of right now.
Best Wishes To A Speedy Recovery! :Thumbs:
just got word 2day that he is cleared to play in the regional tourney
gald to hear that and great news for the Dawgs!
Matt, I hope and pray for your speedy recovery. I know that you want to play your best in these last games of your senior high school year, even though your college career is set. I love to watch you play and can not wait for your return to the bulldog starting lineup.