Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th region postseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you all think? I'm sticking to what I have said from the beginning, North/Clay in finals again. Corbin has really tailed off against the good teams on their schedule, South, after making big strides, has been hit by injuries again, and Williamsburg, Harlan Co. and Middlesboro I think all could pull an upset, but not win three games in region. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that both North and Clay have thrown in a few head scratchers, some this past week when North lost to Williamsburg and Clay lost at home to Harlan Co. But I do think those two are the class of the region.
Harlan County has been up and down this year, but they have played Clay very tough the last couple of years. They would have beat Clay in last year's regional if a girl had tagged up on a deep fly ball to left, then lost in extra innings. Clay won 1-0 in the regular season last year and 6-5 this year in the first game at HCHS, so I think the Harlan County win last week was pretty typical as far as the series between those two teams. They also have Nikki Creech, their leadoff hitter and center fielder, back after missing 20-plus games.
I think North is the favorite with Clay second followed by several teams about the same - Corbin/Williamsburg, South, HCHS, Middlesboro/Harlan. There should be two very good first-round district games.
What has happened to Middleboro lately?
They looked stout to begin the year. Shields girls was throwing hard.
They've really had some head scratchers lately.
As for the region, one really good team is going to be left out in Corbin or Wburg.
Same goes for Harlan/Mboro etc.

I think North and Clay are dead even. I don't see anybody beating both of them in region. Only way is if they both get upset before.

Best case scenario is to draw that Knox/Bville district as it's a shoe in to advance.

Gonna go with Clay over North in the finals.
If Clay is going to get North, now is the time. North is struggling to score and Owens is tough to score on at any time. These are your top 2 teams, primarily because of Gregory and Owens in the circle. Going to be a very interesting postseason!
I have to agree, even with past history I'm leaning a bit towards Clay right now. I just think the loss of four really good seniors by North is beginning to show a little, a softer than normal schedule for North in the first part of the year hid it a little I think, they've struggled to score in the tougher second half of their schedule. Be interesting to see who the two coaches throw in the district finals, no way I show Gregory or Owens just a week before a possible regional rematch. I might if the other districts were a little different, but win or lose you've got two dangerous teams from the 50th and 52nd, and two weak teams from the 51st, so not a huge advantage in being a district champ.
I am a Harlan County fan so this is of course biased. I do agree with some of the above comments that North and Clay are the favorites and that a couple of other teams like HC could pull an upset. I however feel like HC is rounding into form finally this season. HC is 14-12 but has played a much harder schedule than in past years and I hope it has made them tournament ready. I won't guarantee any wins but if I was one of the other teams I wouldn't want to draw HC in the region.
Last night's results...

Corbin 9
Wburg 0

South 14
Whitley 3

Clay 12
Jackson 0

North 15
OBI 0

Harlan County 10
Bell 0

Mboro 5
Harlan 2

Knox 15
Pineville 0

Lynn Camp and Bvill play tonight. Not sure why the 51st has to do this every year. Get with the program.

So your region teams are

Corbin
South
Clay
North
Harlan County
Middlesboro
Knox
Bville/Lynn camp

Other than Knox or bvill/Lynn camp, I wouldn't be surprised if any other team win it.
A first round against one of those 51st teams will be a huge relief for some. Others will have tough first round games.
HC , Middlesboro game, never seen a game played in rain this bad. Played an half inning in down pour. Pitcher could not hold on to ball. Worked for us, scored 4 in the inning.
Gonna try to finish it tonight or postponed?
Corbin hammered South 10-4 in 50th district final. They look to be back in a real good groove offensively, gonna be dangerous next week.
Clay leads North 2-0 with North batting in the second inning. North has bases loaded and no outs! Game scheduled to continue at 6 tomorrow.
May not get it in til Friday way forecast looks. Were Gregory and Owens both throwing?
Van Hagar Wrote:May not get it in til Friday way forecast looks. Were Gregory and Owens both throwing?

Yes
Van Hagar Wrote:Corbin hammered South 10-4 in 50th district final. They look to be back in a real good groove offensively, gonna be dangerous next week.

Good win for Corbin. South don't look that good against Whitley last night you can tell injuries are hampering them pretty badly

If Corbin can draw Lynn camp/Bville the they might have a shot. Maybe that inconsistency is over.
Can someone post updates of Clay vs North at 2?
I couldn't get off work in time and local radio not carrying it. How about it walterwhite, are you at game?
It's sad that stations will broadcast basketball and football games no matter where they are played.....but can't broadcast a baseball or softball.
Actually we have a couple stations here in London that are pretty good about it, do a handful of games a year plus postseason. But the time change on this one probably didn't allow for it
Clay 4 North 1 final. I don't have any details because I couldn't make the 2:00 start time.
First ever win over North, congrats to Clay. 1 in 3 chance now of a Corbin-North first round game.