Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 59 Prestonsburg 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't remember the score, but Valley won it. To tell you the truth though I was worried for a bit. Valley played sloppy ball tonight, and was missing their point. had to play a lot of their young ones...but Cyrena Salinas did really good for them, came up with some nice steals, and helped them get the ball up the court. Way to step up #23. Sally Roberts hustled up and down the floor all night...but that's Sally, always 110. But a win is a win. Congrats girls...and by the way...Laura Perkins...keep your head up...you are a great ball player, and everyone makes some mistakes, just hustle back and make up for it...It's going to take all of you girls to win this region and that includes you...so keep that head up.
Shelby Valley won 59 to 46...Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley. I knew Roberts was a good player, but last night she was out of this world. Anybody have stats? I know she had at least 12 points and probably that many steals! Didn't have much help though. The young girls did step up - good experience heading into tournament time when we might need to count on them in times of (foul) trouble. Perkins had an off night. It seemed that she could not do anything right. BUT, the difference......she NEVER quit. First time I saw this from Perkins. Girl, that's something to be proud of. And the P-burg player deserved a technical for throwing Perkins to the ground. :ChairHit:

It was a great night for Fleming - Senior night was crowded with the Queen's fans and she got her 2000 points. Way to go girl!
all-or-nothing Wrote:I know she had at least 12 points and probably that many steals! Didn't have much help though.
Esther had 23 points and I would like to think that neither her or Sally played as well as they usually do...
all-or-nothing Wrote:I know she had at least 12 points and probably that many steals! Didn't have much help though.
Esther had 23 points and I would like to think that neither her or Sally played as well as they usually do...
Ugly game we really missed Mini K. To many layups for Pburg. #s 12 & 33 good game for pburg.
Ugly game we really missed Mini K. To many layups for Pburg. #s 12 & 33 good game for pburg.
Larry Legend Wrote:Esther had 23 points and I would like to think that neither her or Sally played as well as they usually do...

You're right. Didn't mean to leave out Esther's points. I thought the night was emotional for Esther and she didn't play as good as she normally does - which is still much better than most of her competition. But she did not have a bad game. I don't see how Roberts could have done anything more though.
Larry Legend Wrote:Esther had 23 points and I would like to think that neither her or Sally played as well as they usually do...

You're right. Didn't mean to leave out Esther's points. I thought the night was emotional for Esther and she didn't play as good as she normally does - which is still much better than most of her competition. But she did not have a bad game. I don't see how Roberts could have done anything more though.

Probably one of the flatest games i watched Valley play,can't help what anyone scored or how many steals they had,as a team the were just not in it.Don't know if they were maybe thinking ahead or was the heat in the gym(man it was hot in there) but they all looked tired and over heated.

#12 for pburg beat both perkins and roberts a few times, when they would guard her but most of her points came when the younger girls didn't switch on the screen.Both Roberts and Perkins picked up couple of fouls having to pull off their man to try and stop 12 & 33 because of being left open.Kayla was really missed last night,i think anytime some kind of change takes place on any team you will see some bad play.MO
Roberts always has plenty of hustle and love to watch her play,Perkins had an off night for sure,bad call on her 4th foul by the ref's but as said above she never quit.A great player will find ways to contribute when having a bad game and she stayed with it.I feel in the making of a great player,is how they handle theirselves mentally and physically when things are not going their way on the court,and from her"never give up"attitude last night she is well on her way,always think positive!
Flemming had another great night,congrats on 2000th plus pts!Goodluck girls in the 15th,and always keep your mind on the game at hand.
Probably one of the flatest games i watched Valley play,can't help what anyone scored or how many steals they had,as a team the were just not in it.Don't know if they were maybe thinking ahead or was the heat in the gym(man it was hot in there) but they all looked tired and over heated.

#12 for pburg beat both perkins and roberts a few times, when they would guard her but most of her points came when the younger girls didn't switch on the screen.Both Roberts and Perkins picked up couple of fouls having to pull off their man to try and stop 12 & 33 because of being left open.Kayla was really missed last night,i think anytime some kind of change takes place on any team you will see some bad play.MO
Roberts always has plenty of hustle and love to watch her play,Perkins had an off night for sure,bad call on her 4th foul by the ref's but as said above she never quit.A great player will find ways to contribute when having a bad game and she stayed with it.I feel in the making of a great player,is how they handle theirselves mentally and physically when things are not going their way on the court,and from her"never give up"attitude last night she is well on her way,always think positive!
Flemming had another great night,congrats on 2000th plus pts!Goodluck girls in the 15th,and always keep your mind on the game at hand.
Congrats Valley
congrats valley! i wish i could have been there! but another win for a great team!
listen here all-or-nothing i didnt deserve a tech. cause i ddint even throw her down she fouled me clearly thats why i got to shoot 2 free throws get it straight
linz_33_bballgurl Wrote:listen here all-or-nothing i didnt deserve a tech. cause i ddint even throw her down she fouled me clearly thats why i got to shoot 2 free throws get it straight

Well, maybe I didn't see the entire thing, but I was sitting DIRECTLY in front of you and I did WATCH you knock her to the ground with your arm. I saw your face and it was deliberate. In heated moments like that, I understand how it might be easy to forget how things happened. Maybe she fouled you before that happened, I'm not sure. If she fouled you then you did deserve the free throws. But you did deserve a call for that and you got away with it. Plain and simple. No big deal. Move on.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Well, maybe I didn't see the entire thing, but I was sitting DIRECTLY in front of you and I did WATCH you knock her to the ground with your arm. I saw your face and it was deliberate. In heated moments like that, I understand how it might be easy to forget how things happened. Maybe she fouled you before that happened, I'm not sure. If she fouled you then you did deserve the free throws. But you did deserve a call for that and you got away with it. Plain and simple. No big deal. Move on.

Nice post. Not many people will acknowledge that maybe they didn't see the whole thing. I also like your attitude of no big deal, move on. Things happen in the course of a game. After it's over, it's over.
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley
well i did move on all-or-nothing but i promise you i would never deliberatly knock someone down...my face might have looked that way but thats how people get hurt...and you might have been sitting right there but in heated situations sometimes its hard to remember what happened......dont make accusations on me that arent true......i got hurt this year and was out for a while i would never want that for someone else
okay.