Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Softball Bracket released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
R13 v R14
R1 v R7

R5 v R4
R8 v R16

R3 v R10
R12 v R9

R11 v R6
R15 v R2

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Brack...53284.html
Good first round match up for the 13th.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Good first round match up for the 13th.
Excellent opening draw but a terrible second round game. About as good as you could hope for, could have drawn 1 or 7 in first game!
^
Same exact thing as last year isn't it?
With the board meeting, there was a softball change.
It got lost in the hype of the football title games moving to Lexington next year, but there was a softball change.

Now, after 10 innings, the games will go to an international tie breaker.
Anybody know what that means? Didn't specify in the press release.

Most hits? etc. Who knows.
International tiebreaker means you start the inning with a runner on second base, that being whoever made the last out the inning before.
It was mainly put in because pitching used to dominate so much, you had a lot of 0-0 games that just went on and on. Pitching isn't as dominant anymore, but it's still used. It has been used in travel ball as long as I can remember.
And it is fair for both teams. I always enjoy seeing how teams play this situation!
Ah yes. Thanks for the response van Hagar.

I remember this now. Haven't seen it in quite some time, even with travel ball.
Use to see it a lot playing slow pitch years ago.
walterwhite Wrote:And it is fair for both teams. I always enjoy seeing how teams play this situation!

Steal 3rd on the first pitch, then come home when the catcher throws it into left field Confusednicker:
Well that can happen for sure! But what usually happens is the visiting team tries to bunt the runner to third, then get her in from there to take the lead and put the pressure on the home team.
Van Hagar Wrote:Well that can happen for sure! But what usually happens is the visiting team tries to bunt the runner to third, then get her in from there to take the lead and put the pressure on the home team.

If the home team holds the visitor, they do he same thing. If they only gave up 1 run, you bunt her over, too. I've seen teams that didn't bunt her over. It really increases the pressure on the defense!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Steal 3rd on the first pitch, then come home when the catcher throws it into left field Confusednicker:

Or get thrown out and have your entire team, fans and administration ready to hang you for stealing in that situation!!!!
1 vs 7 in both the boys and girls tournaments. Like a 1.7 % chance of that happening in a random draw. Very hard to believe.............