Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central's long time trainer passes away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Friday, May 5th, long-time athletic trainer and asst. coach for several sports passed away. Joseph "Joe" Taylor was 86. Joe left this world as peacefully as somebody can make the crossing. I'm so grateful that I was able to be by his beside as the Lord called him Home.

He retired from the Tampa, FL. Fire Department in the 1970's and moved to Paintsville in 1981 with the Yankees farm club team, The Paintsville Yankees. When the Yankees moved their team, Joe stayed in Paintsville and was hired as a swimming instructor/athletic trainer at Johnson Central, Joe retired in 2002 from JC. Even after his retirement and when his health permitted, he was at school everyday and every JC athletic contest he could get to. If he couldn't make a game, his radio would listening to the call from his friends, who would always give him a shout-out.

The number of people Joe was able to help during his time at JC is known only to God. I was blessed to have Joe as my next door neighbor for over 28 years... from birth until I got my own house in 2013.

Joe's visitation will be Saturday (5/13) from 12PM-8PM at the JC gymnasium. The funeral will be Sunday (5/14) starting at 2PM at the JC gymnasium with one of his former baseball players officiating the service.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3539&d=1494278348]
Thoughts and prayers to his family.
Sorry to hear this

Prayers to family and friends
Joe was indeed a great guy. I first met him when I was 14 years old. He came and watched our Junior League All-Star team (Paintsville) every game. Our team was about 50/50 Paintsville/JC kids. Some of the best times of my life. The first time I met him, he congratulated me on W I got pitching and a good game at the plate. Every time I saw Joe during my younger years all the way to the last time I seen him (probably a year ago), he always smiled and shook my hand. I know I didn't have the relationship with him like Pulp and many others had, but from all of the stories I've heard over the years, the JC family definitely lost a great man.
Rest In Peace to one of the best men I had the pleasure of knowing. Joe always had a kind word to say and an ear ready to listen. During some of my toughest times as an athlete a simple conversation with Joe would always pick me back up. Prayers to the family and all who knew him during this time. He will be sorely missed by so many.