Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Estill County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Coach Hall taking the girls position at Bryan Station, who's next in line for the Lady Engineers?
I'll throw out some names;

Jan Perkins - Former Tates Creek Head Coach (Estill Alum)
Tara Helton - Scott County Assistant (Estill Alum)
Keisha Miller - Cordia Head Coach
Wallace Bates - Former Jackson City and Breathitt County head coach
Bobby Bowling - Powell County Boys Assistant (If I'm not mistaken he applied for the position last time it was open, was the KC's girls coach for about a month before becoming an assistant at Powell County)
Damian Stepp - Berea head coach
Candace Wells - Model head coach
Jason Seamands - West Jessamine head coach
Elaine Douglas - Former Rowan Co Head Coach
John High - Montgomery County head coach - Had two rough seasons at Montgomery County

Maybe a boys assistant?

Maybe former head coach Mark McKinley comes back?
Your next coach will be current assistant Ruth Hughes
She already been hired?
Strikeout King Wrote:She already been hired?

Great choice!! One of the hardest working assistant in the 14th Region.
Speculation at this point
Who all have you heard?
Has anyone applied yet
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Has anyone applied yet

Hasn't even been posted on KHSAA yet
Any news?
Still nothing. Maybe wanting to wait until school is out before putting the job out their
What do you think about two of the assistant coaches at Perry Central, Kevin Whitman and Misty McALARNIS? Both are top notch assistants, know how to build a winning program and both are past state champions, McAlarnis a player and Whitman an assistant at M.C.Napier in 1994.
Both were be solid choices but Whitman is also the soccer coach up there and I doubt he'd give that up and I surely can't see him driving back and forth from Irvine to Hazard to coach two different sports even tho they are in separate seasons
You are probably right, Coach Whitman has built a really good girls soccer program at Perry Central. They are defending district and regional champions and I am sure he wants to keep that train rolling!
Job was just posted on KHSAA today
Estill has a solid soccer program too
The boys soccer is the only other team that I know of that's looking for a coach as well, should be interesting to see who lands both jobs
Quite...
Ruth Hughes named Head Coach
Who all applied?
Who are the leading candidates to date?
wannacat Wrote:Who are the leading candidates to date?

Assistant coach Ruth Hughes was named head coach. I don't know who all had applied.