Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 7 Corbin 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Wow! If I'm not mistaken, now if South beats Corbin at South in their next meeting, it will wind up being Corbin vs. Williamsburg in district again this year.
It's definitely possible and would ha e been possible even if corbin had won tonifht since south squeeked by wburg twice but corbin didn't pitch stidham tonight. Not sure why they threw her against whitley and not williamsburg.
Corbin homered twice but Williamsburg just jumped on them early. Very good game by wburg.
The south girl that transferred to Corbin pitched tonight and she got much better as the game went on and threw harder but they just couldn't catch up.
Just out of curiosity had Lawson lost to Williamsburg before? I was thinking in the district last year Williamsburg lost to south but beat Corbin
Softball Queen Wrote:Just out of curiosity had Lawson lost to Williamsburg before? I was thinking in the district last year Williamsburg lost to south but beat Corbin

Wasn't lawson. Wburg hasn't beaten south at softball. Ever.
That's why I had brought up those previous wburg and south games because of how close they were.
Last year when wburg beat corbin in the first round of District, Corbin had that number 9 on the mound. Big blonde girl. I think she put stidham in but it was too late.
Just checked Williamsburg lost 10-0 to South in District. I do not think it is the name that wins. With that being said I think Stidham has pitched very well for Corbin but has lost to them before. My take on the game is that Corbin really did not hit. I was not at the game but the people I talked to stated that Corbin pitcher had either 12 or 13 strikeouts. Not a bad pitching performance but really did not hit the ball well
Softball Queen Wrote:Just checked Williamsburg lost 10-0 to South in District. I do not think it is the name that wins. With that being said I think Stidham has pitched very well for Corbin but has lost to them before. My take on the game is that Corbin really did not hit. I was not at the game but the people I talked to stated that Corbin pitcher had either 12 or 13 strikeouts. Not a bad pitching performance but really did not hit the ball well

The Lawson girl pitched a good game but got throttled in the first 2 innings and gave a up a 2 run Homer as well. Wburg was up 4 to 0 before corbin made it 4 to 4.
She got stronger as the game went along and was pitching much harder and more accurate in the 5th inning than she was the 1st.
The 3 runs corbin gave up in the 6th wasnt really on her. The 3rd baseman missed an easy play and wburg kept advancing runners, especially one on a badly dropped Ball in left.
They put stidham in for the 7th.
It was 7 to 4 going into the 7th, Corbin held the top, and Corbin homered to make it 7 to 5 but flew out then grounded out twice with the top of there lineup up.
I think Corbin is good but South is coming on and you cant really count them out. They have a vast amount of experience which really gives them an edge against W'burg and Whitley