Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Expo Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know about you all but i am looking forward to the Girls/Boys 15th region tournament because it is held at the expo center. Having the tournament there is best for the athletes. Watching games in there makes you feel like you are in a college environment. How do you feel about the expo?
Last year before the tourn. started I wasn't in favor of it being held there. However after the first night I was hooked! Not a bad seat in the house. Not too far away from the game and not too close. As baby bear would say just right.
My opinion is that there should never be another on-site 15th Region, other than the Expo Center. Good seating, neutral floor, and excellent host.
I love the idea and the atmsophere! Kinda makes you feel like you are playing in a mini Rupp!
Great atmosphere there, and will get a team ready to play in RUPP. The thing that helps is the backdrop, there is none LOL. the only one that comes to mind in the 15th is Prestonsburg feildhouse without any backdrop.
Its an awesome environment and it will be action packed like always. It is like a mini Rupp Arena and it gets a team ready for the environment that is Rupp(which there is nothing like).
I loved it last year...great enviroment for the kids...good decision
I've heard nothing but good things about it. Im hoping my team can make it to the region. I'd like to watch a game there as I've never been inside the expo center.
I hear it's great, and Id LOVE to be able to make it there for 15th tourney!
I had a great time last season and expect nothing less this season. Great envirment, shoud be fun.:Thumbs:
I know several people who were not in favor of holding the tournament at the Expo Center, but after they went and watched a game, they were all for it. Does anyone know how the profits are split up among the schools, or does Pike County keep the money?
:letsparty All I know they better be ready for the blue crew(shelby valley student section) b/c they are going to be better then what they have been doing when it comes tourney time!
cowgirl34 Wrote::letsparty All I know they better be ready for the blue crew(shelby valley student section) b/c they are going to be better then what they have been doing when it comes tourney time!
Haven't been that impressed with the Blew Crew so far so I am not looking forward to them at the Expo either. The only thing that makes the Blew Crew that much better than any other cheering section is that their team is a little better than everyone else. They do have good numbers but really corny props!!!
Yea what was with the christmas theme the blue crew had against Pikeville in the middle of February?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I know several people who were not in favor of holding the tournament at the Expo Center, but after they went and watched a game, they were all for it. Does anyone know how the profits are split up among the schools, or does Pike County keep the money?
Net Profits are divided among participating schools with the host getting a percentage off the top.
This year's host is Betsy Layne, BTW.
So No, Pike County does not keep the money.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:My opinion is that there should never be another on-site 15th Region, other than the Expo Center. Good seating, neutral floor, and excellent host.

I agree, it is completely neutral and does show ownership to all teams. I think it is the absolute best place to host. The athletes deserve this atmosphere.:Thumbs:
Was there last year and it was Awsome.
It was great, look forward to it again!!
The atmosphere and the floor are both awesome for both the fans and players. The only thing I didn't like last year was the fact that after JC won, their fans were not allowed to join them on the floor for the celebration. Players had to go to the stands to be congratulated by family and friends. I think that is a very important part of any school winning any title. That is what makes it special!
gamestopper11 Wrote:I don't know about you all but i am looking forward to the Girls/Boys 15th region tournament because it is held at the expo center. Having the tournament there is best for the athletes. Watching games in there makes you feel like you are in a college environment. How do you feel about the expo?

No duh it feels like a college environment, you are steps away from Pikeville College and it's used for college games as well. It's a great place for the 15th Region Championships because its state of the art and everything. Will be a great experience for the players, coaches, students and everyone else who's yet to step inside the EKEC.
the_truth Wrote:No duh it feels like a college environment, you are steps away from Pikeville College and it's used for college games as well. It's a great place for the 15th Region Championships because its state of the art and everything. Will be a great experience for the players, coaches, students and everyone else who's yet to step inside the EKEC.
i think everyone on here is aware its close to pikeville college no reason for the DUH remark
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Net Profits are divided among participating schools with the host getting a percentage off the top.
This year's host is Betsy Layne, BTW.
So No, Pike County does not keep the money.
Thank you, FOX SPORTS. How do they determine who the host school is? What if the host school doesn't make the tournament? Sorry. I'm just curious.Confusedhh:
can someone post the dates of both the boys and girls tourney
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Thank you, FOX SPORTS. How do they determine who the host school is? What if the host school doesn't make the tournament? Sorry. I'm just curious.Confusedhh:
The "host" rotates by district...57th, 58th, 59th, 60th
Last year it was JC from the 57th.
I'm not absolutely certain how districts determine who is the host.
Whether the host school makes the tourney or not does not matter.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:can someone post the dates of both the boys and girls tourney
The boys and girls tourneys will be held together March 5-10.
This is what I heard and has not been written in stone.
Mon 5th-3 games--2 girls, one boys
Tues 6th-3 games--2 girls, one boys
Wed 7th--2 boys games
thurs 8th--2 girls-Semis
Fri---9th--2 boys--semis
Sat 10th-Girls Champ and boys Champ
Again this is not confirmed...just what I heard..I like the format though.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:The boys and girls tourneys will be held together March 5-10.
This is what I heard and has not been written in stone.
Mon 5th-3 games--2 girls, one boys
Tues 6th-3 games--2 girls, one boys
Wed 7th--2 boys games
thurs 8th--2 girls-Semis
Fri---9th--2 boys--semis
Sat 10th-Girls Champ and boys Champ
Again this is not confirmed...just what I heard..I like the format though.

I think the boys and girls games should be separated like last year
NYY10 Wrote:I think the boys and girls games should be separated like last year
Just curious...WHY?