Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: For post season play, should we exchange refs with another region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering others thoughts. I can see both sides.
First i know we switch because we think we get a totally netural crew, but the refs i know are all that way.

Second, if the players are use to the way the 15th calls, so it kinda hurts...
not sure where i stand, thats why i am asking others

I do remember the P burg incident were the police had to cuff and stuff a few but that was an isolated incident:policeman
After watching the Officials at the All A! I say NO! ll take our 15th Region Refs anyday! LOL! I made a promise that I would never talk about our refs again! LOL!
i believe in the region tournaments we do change refs with other regions
I know we do, but SHOULD we?
During regular season games many things can be said to the refs that some of them may have a hard time getting over (they are human). I get to watch a lot of basketball games with many different teams playing. I also get to watch the same refs. I see a difference in some refs with certain teams or coaches. So I would say Yes !!! It is only fair to everyone.
The officials don't want to call their own regions.
They have to live here the rest of the year and don't want to be subject to that kind of scrutiny.
I don't blame them, I'd want to go out too.
BTW...this year(2007) the 15th and 13th region will swap.
Oh yes, I think its a very good idea. 15th region refs get used to seeing players, and so do the other regions refs. So very good idea.
Yeah I agree, its a very good idea.
Yea its a very good idea!
I think so. Let some refs that don't know the players and arent involved in any of the school systems in the area ref the games. This IMO seems more far and would bring out the best team from each region, this way there would be absolutely no way that the refs could help or hurt a team. I believe this should be instated and used during tourney time, just as the refs at Rupp are from every region. IMO a great idea, I'd like to see this go into affect.
dunkmaster11 Wrote:I think so. Let some refs that don't know the players and arent involved in any of the school systems in the area ref the games. This IMO seems more far and would bring out the best team from each region, this way there would be absolutely no way that the refs could help or hurt a team. I believe this should be instated and used during tourney time, just as the refs at Rupp are from every region. IMO a great idea, I'd like to see this go into affect.
it already is in affect
I think its great!
I have seen supposedly the best refs from other regions, and say it ain't gonna matter, they all suck for the most part!
There are pros and cons to changing refs, but I support it! It should take away any bias that any ref has toward a school, player or coach. Plus since we know their calls are going to make someone mad, it allows them to move out of town after the tourney. lol
The Guru Wrote:I have seen supposedly the best refs from other regions, and say it ain't gonna matter, they all suck for the most part!
i have seen the best to and for once i agree with you
:Thumbs:
no.. keep the 15th region refs in the 15th region.. their horrible...
The 15th has some of the best, trust me i've been around. There are none better than the 15th's cream of the crop ( Hall, Walker, Webb, Hall, Farichild, Wallen, Smith, Davis) these guys are as good as you will find anywhere. The problem is after you get out of the top 10 the 15th get's pretty average. I'd take the 15th any day, any where
yeah but i feel for how gets the 15th region refs....haha... but worse that that has to be the 14th never saw a good call game in the 14th...
I think the quality of officials are down in every region, not just the 15th. It is hard to say what goes on when other officials come in here from out of this area. I will say that the 15th are very fair, just not as good as in years past. They are even pretty fair to other regions when they come in here to the 15th to play. Last Friday Ashland's coach was out of control all night at Pikeville. He got one "T" and should have received a 2nd which would have been an ejection, but never did. Then the next day at Raceland, Pikeville's coach got 2 in a row was tossed imediately. Now, maybe he deserved it, but I just think that our 15th region officials try to be fair to all teams. They just aren't as good once you get past the 6 or 8 top officials.
My Junior and Senior year we had different region officials (ended up with 14th region refs), the year after I graduated they had our own refs callin the region. I would much rather have our own then another regions... The 14th region officials are just as bad as ours.
Yea I think its a pretty good idea also
I guess it is a good idea but i havent seen a good one yet!!! I dont know what is wrong with the 14th region refs Im thinking they need to change eye doctors because they sure dont see well!!!! Last week at a girls JV game the head coach of the team pushed a ref and called him some really bad names and did the ref do anything? NO, I dont know why these refs are afraid of some of these coaches but they are!! They dont mind fussing with the fans but when the coach cuss and rave they just ignore them!! Come one guys dont be afraid of these coaches...............