Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville's Tyrese Allen Commits to WVU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paintsville 3 Star DT Tyrese Allen has verbally committed to play for West Virginia. Congrats to this young man and his family, as this is an outstanding achievement and great opportunity to continue his education and athletic career at the next level.
Congratulations to this young man and his family.

Also, congrats to the Paintsville program!
Congrats! That is no small feat!
This is awesome! Congratulations to this young man and also to the PHS program. I love seeing young men from the hills making it to big time colleges like WVU. We're starting to see a lot more of this here lately. People have finally started taking notice to our mountain boys!
http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Bolt/B...U-52354030

Welcome to Morgantown young man!!!!
Big congrats to Tyrese Allen TongueirateSho
Good for him and good for EKY!
Also people took exception to the "D-1 Factory" comments a few years ago and even joked about it...but it is curious that this is now the third straight year tiny Paintsville has produced a D1 player.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Also people took exception to the "D-1 Factory" comments a few years ago and even joked about it...but it is curious that this is now the third straight year tiny Paintsville has produced a D1 player.

Congratulation to this young man and his family, as this is an outstanding achievement for both. I though this young man was going to play at the next level since he was in grade school. He is just starting to understand the ability he has and with hard work he will do well.

However, EKUALUM05 your post is that like congratulating Oak Hill on one of their players signing to paly D1 basketball. :lame:
Eagle84 Wrote:Congratulation to this young man and his family, as this is an outstanding achievement for both. I though this young man was going to play at the next level since he was in grade school. He is just starting to understand the ability he has and with hard work he will do well.

However, EKUALUM05 your post is that like congratulating Oak Hill on one of their players signing to paly D1 basketball. :lame:

All I am saying is how many times has a 1A or 2A program produced a D-1 signee in three consecutive years in Kentucky? Maybe Harrodsburg back in the days of the Johnsons and Yeasts?

For that matter how many EKY programs regardless of size have produced three consecutive years of a D-1 signee? Maybe Lawrence County when they had that run with Parker, Wright, Michaels, and Hostetter?

No matter how those players came about... it is an impressive feat (but it's also worth noting how many times has a 1A program had multiple D-1 players on their roster and failed to reach the State Finals like Paintsville?)
Well D1 doesnt = winning. Maybe Hazard had more NAIA caliber players than Paintsville had last year. Maybe if Kash Daniels had of played (even injured) they would of beat Pikeville. Well maybe not, Pikeville looked pretty good. One D1 kid doesnt turn an average team into a great team. Ask Shawn Alexander about that back when he played for Boone County against Trinity back in the 90's. Lost 50-0 or something like that. I will take a bunch of GOOD football players over 1 GREAT football player any day of the week. Lets give Paintsville some credit. They have done great the past few years. It aint easy to win when you get to the Semi's or even the Final 8. Dont care how good you are.
Believe I made a mistake with the final score of Alexanders game. Friend said it was 3-0. All I remember is Alexander had about 6 yards. lol
Some of y'all need to relax and chill a little Smile EKU wasn't taking a shot at Paintsville....he was giving a compliment. He's right. It's rare that a 1A program...from the mountains....sends a kid to a Power 5 D1 school....let alone 3 in 3 years. Kids a great prospect....

Believe me.....If you don't want D1 prospects on your team.....I know plenty that will take them. Quality Talent makes EVERYONE BETTER. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule....but....the Alexander example is not the norm.
Congrats to Tyrese
Congrats to the kid! Good luck to him in the classroom as well as on the field!
Congrats to mr Allen.. hope many more schools keep offering him even though he is committed....
The_Rock Wrote:Well D1 doesnt = winning. Maybe Hazard had more NAIA caliber players than Paintsville had last year. Maybe if Kash Daniels had of played (even injured) they would of beat Pikeville. Well maybe not, Pikeville looked pretty good. One D1 kid doesnt turn an average team into a great team. Ask Shawn Alexander about that back when he played for Boone County against Trinity back in the 90's. Lost 50-0 or something like that. I will take a bunch of GOOD football players over 1 GREAT football player any day of the week. Lets give Paintsville some credit. They have done great the past few years. It aint easy to win when you get to the Semi's or even the Final 8. Dont care how good you are.

I agree and disagree a player like Allen is a huge boost defensively for Paintsville and he alone makes them formidable on defense. But he is not a threat to score any time he touches the football offensively. A division 1 running back in single A or against single A competition, can win a game on their own. Ie Arlis Beach of Ashland or Chris Jennings from Fairview. But those types of skill players are extremely rare in EKY regaurdless of class. A d1 lineman is a far different animal to deal with than a d1 running back. Phelps is a d1 tallent as was Kash. But they were not the type of d1 players,that would dominate regaurdless of who they faced. Just my two cents. They all three are remarkable hs football players and deserglve all they have accomplished. Dont take my statements as otherwise. Just giving my opinion on the discussion. This threwd doesnt need to go into the jc/paintsville gutter like so many others do. Ty played for both programs, both should be cheering him on and not bickering over the same my dad can whip ur dad apple bowled nonsense time and time again.. congrats Ty, well earned and well deserved.

With that said, the most successful 1A teams seem to be those who hqve 5 or 6 NAIA tallents or d2 or d3 kids. So like i said before, i see both sides of the argument. But this thread isnt about wins or losses.
Congrats Tyrese, represent the mountains and Paintsville High School well!
Congrats and continued success in Morgantown!
Congrats!