Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Daytona 500 Final.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kevin Harvick won by .002 seconds over a hard racing Mark Martin.
Kevin Harvick is a disgrace to nascar! Mark Martin deserved to win this race! I wanted to see him win so bad! Very unexpected outcome to this one!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Kevin Harvick is a disgrace to Nascar! Mark Martin deserved to win this race! I wanted to see him win so bad! Very unexpected outcome to this one!

AMEN. I am right there with you. But Mark actually looked like he had a good time in that race car.

Of course I took a hit in the fantasy league with Johnson and Stewart crashing out.
Yeh I know Mark seems to be a great guy I would've been pissed! Yeh my fantasy league got smashed with the big dogs wrecking! I really saw stewart taking it!! I just wish Mark would've won I was pulling for him I also think they should've thrown the yellow!
IMO.... from watching the end of it.... HAD Nascar called the caution WHEN they should have Mark was in the lead and this would have frozen their spots and gave him the win.... Poor guy.... I hate it for him... and DANG.... did you guys see the wreck?? ..... talk about crash and burn!!! Glad no one was injured though....
People will call this a "great" race but it really wasn't IMO... the first 150 laps were nearly unwatchable, single file racing... if they are going to race like that for a majority of the event they just as well let them go 230...

It was a great finish however, give Harvick credit but I was rooting for Martin...

In a little over a month, real racing starts....
That crash was really bad im suprised no one was hurt!! Im ready for next sunday!!
FreakNasty Wrote:if they are going to race like that for a majority of the event they just as well let them go 230...

It was a great finish however, give Harvick credit but I was rooting for Martin...

In a little over a month, real racing starts....

I agree. Take the plates off and let that separate the men from the boys.

My opinion is that the truck races are more interesting. More bumping and banging and they are generally more interesting.

I'm ready for them to hit Bristol. That's racing.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree. Take the plates off and let that separate the men from the boys.

My opinion is that the truck races are more interesting. More bumping and banging and they are generally more interesting.

I'm ready for them to hit Bristol. That's racing.

March 24 Homestead Miami Speedway... give me some indy...
FreakNasty Wrote:March 24 Homestead Miami Speedway... give me some indy...

Never really got into IRL. I like the stock cars. You can touch wheels in a stock car and save it to race some more. I have seen several indy cars touch wheels and end up in a million pieces.

Doesn't the IRL run a race at the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta?
I dont see this made Kevin Harvick a disgrace to Nascar. Come on, its the 500!! Everybody wants to win and it is balls to the walls. I was pulling for Mark the whole race, but Kevin Harvick came through in the clutch.
corndog23 Wrote:I dont see this made Kevin Harvick a disgrace to Nascar. Come on, its the 500!! Everybody wants to win and it is balls to the walls. I was pulling for Mark the whole race, but Kevin Harvick came through in the clutch.

I agree that he is not a disgrace to Nascar. I have been rooting for Martin since the mid ninety's. Watched him lose to Wallace two years in a row at the Bristol spring race. This was his 23rd shot at winning at his home track and he was so close. No fault to Harvick. He did what he had to do to get the win.

The wrecks sure screwed up my fantasy score though.:redboxer:
Midee1 Wrote:I agree that he is not a disgrace to Nascar. I have been rooting for Martin since the mid ninety's. Watched him lose to Wallace two years in a row at the Bristol spring race. This was his 23rd shot at winning at his home track and he was so close. No fault to Harvick. He did what he had to do to get the win.

The wrecks sure screwed up my fantasy score though.:redboxer:

Thats tough luck Midee, but hey, its a part of racing.
corndog23 Wrote:Thats tough luck Midee, but hey, its a part of racing.

That's also the sad part of restrictor plate racing. It bunches them up to much and if one screws up it takes out half the field. I say dirty the car up another way. Straighten the windshield, add some more spoiler, anything to get that plate off of there so they can pass. 400 miles of nose to tail racing gets a bit monotonous.
Congrats to Kevin Harvick. Was an awesome finish.
fun race, but i was dissapointed before it ever started because my guy, Ward Burton (diehard lifetime fan here) didnt get in the race..I agree the first 150 laps werent exciting, but the last 50 were fun. I like Harvick, but I was pulling for Martin too. Martin is a class act, a nice guy, and deserved to win. But not too dissapointed with Harvick winning. At least it wasnt a Hendrix driver.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:fun race, but i was dissapointed before it ever started because my guy, Ward Burton (diehard lifetime fan here) didnt get in the race..I agree the first 150 laps werent exciting, but the last 50 were fun. I like Harvick, but I was pulling for Martin too. Martin is a class act, a nice guy, and deserved to win. But not too dissapointed with Harvick winning. At least it wasnt a Hendrix driver.

Who is Ward driving for this year? I have not kept up with it as much as I did in the past.

Hoss if Mark would have won it would have been a hendrick car. They supply most of the engines and chassis to Ginn racing.
Well, was fun to watch even though Mayfield got the shaft and didn't get to enter the 500 as well! Oh well, Cali is next so I AM GOING TO GUARANTEE MAYFIELD A SPOT IN THE RACE, LOL!
Midee1 Wrote:Never really got into IRL. I like the stock cars. You can touch wheels in a stock car and save it to race some more. I have seen several indy cars touch wheels and end up in a million pieces.

Doesn't the IRL run a race at the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta?

Yes... can't wait to go this year...
FreakNasty Wrote:Yes... can't wait to go this year...

Been to Sparta once several years ago . Track was awesome but the parking was horrid. I think it was the first or second year they were open. Hope they have that problem fixed because it is a nice track.
I was haping that Martin would win. He had it there for a little bit, I think the caution really hurt him though. Nice little run Harvick put together there towards the end.
he's driving for Morgan McClure (Coeburn, Va's own) this year in the State Water Heaters Chevy....I know it would have been a Hendrix engine, but I was talking about Gordon, and especially Jimmie Johnson. I can take anybody winning but Jimmie Johnson...plus Mark Martin's just the sentimental pick, lol..glad to see RCR win the 500 though
Midee1 Wrote:Who is Ward driving for this year? I have not kept up with it as much as I did in the past.

Hoss if Mark would have won it would have been a hendrick car. They supply most of the engines and chassis to Ginn racing.
yeah...the race...parking lot, lol
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, was fun to watch even though Mayfield got the shaft and didn't get to enter the 500 as well! Oh well, Cali is next so I AM GOING TO GUARANTEE MAYFIELD A SPOT IN THE RACE, LOL!
Midee1 Wrote:Been to Sparta once several years ago . Track was awesome but the parking was horrid. I think it was the first or second year they were open. Hope they have that problem fixed because it is a nice track.

So I have heard... but I'm dying to see a race live... I want to go to Indy this year but a good ticket is pretty pricey...
Yeah, half my picks got DNF's so I got screwed royally in the fantasy league...

Why everyone mad at Harvick, he was just racin, that's what he gets paid to do. He just had so much momentum, when the wreck accured Martin caught all that air and noone to draft him, that's racin. I wanted to see Martin win it too and I know it sucks that he didn't get his much deserved first 500 victory.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah, half my picks got DNF's so I got screwed royally in the fantasy league...

I took a pretty big hit with Johnson and Stewart. My other picks did pretty well.
FreakNasty Wrote:So I have heard... but I'm dying to see a race live... I want to go to Indy this year but a good ticket is pretty pricey...

If I remember correctly ther are not many bad seats in that place. I would suggest getting some tickets up a bit higher in the stands. I have always liked the view from up there.
I LOVE Bristol... Can't wait to go again this year.
Redneck Wrote:I LOVE Bristol... Can't wait to go again this year.

Thunder Valley is THE place to watch a race. Been there several times. Watched Mark follow Rusty the last 50 laps or so and Rusty won race number 49 and 50 in consecutive years. If Mark would have only used the old chrome horn and moved Rusty out of the way. Mark is just to nice.
I loved the finish and nascar had the right call at the end by making no call!!
Pages: 1 2